Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Combination of Crush and Bounce would have been better? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=14067)

allmike 07-14-2003 11:43 AM

Combination of Crush and Bounce would have been better?

What you think, it would have been better istead of Crush and Bounce they would have release combination of both album.? I think so, what you think and give me your setlist and here is mine.

Side A.
1# Undivdied
2# Everyday
3# It's my life
4# The distance
5# Thank You for lovin me.(or All about lovin you)
6# Just older
7# Next 100 years.

Side B.
1# Hook me up
2# Captain Crash and beauty queen from mars.
3# Right side of wrong.
4# I got the girl.
5# Love me back to life
6# Bounce
7# One wild night.

And I called the album 'The Distance'. :P

Tashjbj 07-14-2003 12:03 PM

Will probably get shot for this, but I like the 2 albums just as they are. Bounce could have had a few more rockier numbers, but it is fine, not my favourite album, but it is okay. Crush I like, the album that definitely made me a fan, I love that album. So although I like your idea in theory.. I would leave them just as they are!!

Tash

Christo 07-14-2003 12:19 PM

Actually, I thought this same thing a while ago, as the better songs on both albums put together would make a harder album, something they should try and maintain in their music. :)

Neurotica80 07-14-2003 12:37 PM

Yeh I like them as they are too. Crush was a comeback record (weather you like it or not you cant deny it introduced alot of younger fans to the band) and bounce was the followup, influenced by 9/11. Both are good albums in there own right.

Also, if we'd have only got one record, we'd have only got one tour etc

Yvonne 07-14-2003 01:55 PM

you couldve had a combination of the 2 but i prefer them as 2 single albums. each is good in its own right but each has crap songs also.

Its my life
everyday
bounce
Hook me up
the distance
say it isnt so
one wil night
joey
undivided
i got the girl
two story town

I'd have those songs on the album!

allmike 07-14-2003 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
you couldve had a combination of the 2 but i prefer them as 2 single albums. each is good in its own right but each has crap songs also.

Its my life
everyday
bounce
Hook me up
the distance
say it isnt so
one wil night
joey
undivided
i got the girl
two story town

I'd have those songs on the album!

Only 11 song you want in your album?. That is also one of issue for me both album have less no. of songs in them. I ideally prefer around 13 to 15 songs in an album.

allmike 07-14-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj
Will probably get shot for this, but I like the 2 albums just as they are. Bounce could have had a few more rockier numbers, but it is fine, not my favourite album, but it is okay. Crush I like, the album that definitely made me a fan, I love that album. So although I like your idea in theory.. I would leave them just as they are!!

Tash

I defnetly like both album. But problem is both are good album and not great, there are lot of loose thread in both album. So if we combained both it would make great album, but still for ballad i don'k like any of in both album that much.

HookMeUp2003 07-14-2003 07:18 PM

Great idea... let's see if i can come up with a good album

1 It's my life
2 Undivided
3 Love me back to life
4 Next 100 years
5 Bounce
6 Thank you for loving me (rather not but one ballad has to be)
7 The distance
8 Hook me up
9 Joey
10 One wild night
11 Everyday
12 Say it isn't so / Misunderstood (album - filler)
13 Neurotica

Looking at it .. better than crush & bounce apart still not as good as earlier records.

bonjovi_babygirl 07-14-2003 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj

Tash

AMEN to that girl!!! :D

Shaun 07-14-2003 10:16 PM

take away She's A Mystery, OAN, YHMFH, and Save the World and thats good enough for me