Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

taker5962 10-29-2018 04:20 PM

i totally forgot that eventim.de charges 34,90€ to sent tickets in France...
for Koln i bought tickets on kolnticket.de in 2013... hope i'll find an alternative for dusseldorf

Jonty 10-29-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246275)
Tuesday pre-sales are Backstage
Wednesday O2
Thursday Live Nation

Possibly an EE one for Wembley I would guess.

That's for UK.

How do you know or where does it say about O2?

steel_horse75 10-29-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1246363)

O2 always pre sale two days before

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kevs 10-29-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1246361)
interesting that suddenly RDS is being mentioned! Munich is fantastic venue, i really enjoyed the show there the last time and also the surrounding area. Was hoping for Milan this time.

not seeing RDS on ticketmaster, the June dates are crap for me and if its the 15th crap, would prefer the 29/30. Still think more dates will be announced, you might get Milan

Supersonic 10-29-2018 04:40 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1246365)
not seeing RDS on ticketmaster, the June dates are crap for me and if its the 15th crap, would prefer the 29/30. Still think more dates will be announced, you might get Milan

There's no date for Italy. There's a special arrangement for Italian fans for the show in Switzerland.

There will most likely be an Irish date announced later on but I wouldn't bet on getting a whole lot of other shows. The schedule looks pretty tight and the band will probably have a week off before or after Dublin. There's room for a few festival shows but I wouldn't bet on getting many more shows.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thierry 10-29-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1246366)
Aloha !

There's no date for Italy. There's a special arrangement for Italian fans for the show in Switzerland.

There will most likely be an Irish date announced later on but I wouldn't bet on getting a whole lot of other shows. The schedule looks pretty tight and the band will probably have a week off before or after Dublin. There's room for a few festival shows but I wouldn't bet on getting many more shows.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

You think? I saw some magazine articles mentioning 42 shows.

Bounce7800 10-29-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1246363)

GO on the O2 Priority tickets site/app and its listed there.

Not that they notified me despite being an O2 customer and Bon Jovi fan :rolleyes:

rokenrola 10-29-2018 05:04 PM

Only 18 dates plus Ireland soon. What about Portugal,France,Italy,Hungary,Greece,Croatia,Serbi a and is it statement about 43 cities true or false? Is that information from the band organisation?

bonjovi90 10-29-2018 05:04 PM

For anyone planning on going to Munich: make sure to get tickets either for the infield or seated on the right side. The left side is under the Olympic roof and the sound usually is horrendous there due to the construction.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

bonjovi90 10-29-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1246371)
Only 18 dates plus Ireland soon. What about Portugal,France,Italy,Hungary,Greece,Croatia,Serbi a and is it statement about 43 cities true or false? Is that information from the band organisation?

I don't think any of these are likely. They have learned to scale down in terms of number of shows. And most of these countries are not regulars, not even Italy, France or Portugal have had shows constantly. I think the pacing of the schedule plus the amount of shows is quite good considering the band's age and Jon's vocal struggles.

Jonty 10-29-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246368)
GO on the O2 Priority tickets site/app and its listed there.

Not that they notified me despite being an O2 customer and Bon Jovi fan :rolleyes:

Cheers, hence why I did not know either!

PanosBonJovi 10-29-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246373)
I don't think any of these are likely. They have learned to scale down in terms of number of shows. And most of these countries are not regulars, not even Italy, France or Portugal have had shows constantly. I think the pacing of the schedule plus the amount of shows is quite good considering the band's age and Jon's vocal struggles.

Greece got one show in 35 years. Croatia, Serbia got zero. They could do a Croatia or Serbia show the least. Don’t forget that Jon and Richie in various interviews kept mentioning Greece as a big surprise and if their best concerts during the 2011 Open Air tour. Greece had the most expensive tickets of the tour yet the Olympic Stadium of Athens was sold out. Bon Jovi got many fans in Greece plus thousands of tourists passing by Athens in the summer. If they could sell out a gig, a Greek one would be very likely. Last but not least, Jon visits regularly Greece for his summer vacation along with his family

Yet again, Greece has 24% tax on concerts which will be reduced to 6% in the next couple of months. The Greek festivals didn’t make any announcement yet so unless it happens at a later date along with Dublin, Bon Jovi won’t return to Greece for now. I’m going to Bucharest. If a Greek date occurs then even better!

It just makes you wonder why Tallinn or Bucharest and not Athens, they did great the last time they’ve been here.

Xavi 10-29-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246375)
Greece got one show in 35 years. Croatia, Serbia got zero. They could do a Croatia or Serbia show the least. Don’t forget that Jon and Richie in various interviews kept mentioning Greece as a big surprise and if their best concerts during the 2011 Open Air tour. Greece had the most expensive tickets of the tour yet the Olympic Stadium of Athens was sold out. Bon Jovi got many fans in Greece plus thousands of tourists passing by Athens in the summer. If they could sell out a gig, a Greek one would be very likely. Last but not least, Jon visits regularly Greece for his summer vacation along with his family

Yet again, Greece has 24% tax on concerts which will be reduced to 6% in the next couple of months. The Greek festivals didn’t make any announcement yet so unless it happens at a later date along with Dublin, Bon Jovi won’t return to Greece for now. I’m going to Bucharest. If a Greek date occurs then even better!

It just makes you wonder why Tallinn or Bucharest and not Athens, they did great the last time they’ve been here.

They did Croatia back in 2011,they played at Zagreb.

Supersonic 10-29-2018 07:49 PM

Aloha !

After trying to make sense of the travelling schedule I think there'll be 4 more dates. I've got a feeling Dublin will be June 15 and I reckon there's 2 dates on hold. 1 in Scotland/England and 1 in Germany. If the English and German dates are selling well enough they'll announce more. The Manic Street Preachers have also skipped Glasgow on their own tour. And I think Jon confirmed a French show several times, which would make show number 4.

Personal guess:

June 15: Dublin
June 17: Glasgow
June 29: Hannover
July 1: Paris

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246375)

Because Tallinn is on the route from Russia to Scandinavia. They "need" a date there to fill the gap. The band travel with two stages and a truck with their gear. The truck with their gear travels from Moscow to Tallinn while the stage travels from Moscow to Stavanger. Or something like this, you'll get the idea, I think. :)

The reason they're doing all these shows in other countries than Germany and the U.K. is because they've saturated the Western European market while they ignored Eastern Europe for a long time due to it being financially unattractive. Things have changed around and thus a place like Tallinn or Warsaw is interesting right now. It's got nothing to do with Croatia deserving a show. No promoter thinks that way and unless Jon puts his foot down a show won't happen in a financially unattractive market.

Jon going on holiday to a certain country has nothing to do with a band touring there. It's two completely different things. There's so much more going on than your 24% tax break and the likes. It's never the places that "deserve" a show, they mention a few cities they want to play and then the rest of the schedule is build around it. Then there's subsidies, promotion deals, tax breaks, ferry connections, insurance policies...The list is endless.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

steel_horse75 10-29-2018 07:59 PM

Scotland could be right

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PanosBonJovi 10-29-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1246380)
Aloha !

After trying to make sense of the travelling schedule I think there'll be 4 more dates. I've got a feeling Dublin will be June 15 and I reckon there's 2 dates on hold. 1 in Scotland/England and 1 in Germany. If the English and German dates are selling well enough they'll announce more. The Manic Street Preachers have also skipped Glasgow on their own tour. And I think Jon confirmed a French show several times, which would make show number 4.

Personal guess:

June 15: Dublin
June 17: Glasgow
June 29: Hannover
July 1: Paris

Because Tallinn is on the route from Russia to Scandinavia. They "need" a date there to fill the gap. The band travel with two stages and a truck with their gear. The truck with their gear travels from Moscow to Tallinn while the stage travels from Moscow to Stavanger. Or something like this, you'll get the idea, I think. :)

The reason they're doing all these shows in other countries than Germany and the U.K. is because they've saturated the Western European market while they ignored Eastern Europe for a long time due to it being financially unattractive. Things have changed around and thus a place like Tallinn or Warsaw is interesting right now. It's got nothing to do with Croatia deserving a show. No promoter thinks that way and unless Jon puts his foot down a show won't happen in a financially unattractive market.

Jon going on holiday to a certain country has nothing to do with a band touring there. It's two completely different things. There's so much more going on than your 24% tax break and the likes. It's never the places that "deserve" a show, they mention a few cities they want to play and then the rest of the schedule is build around it. Then there's subsidies, promotion deals, tax breaks, ferry connections, insurance policies...The list is endless.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sure I got your point Seb and the rest of the answer was pretty detailed. I just said that since I believe there's a big market for Jovi in Greece.

Also Serbia has a growing economy and I believe it would be able to supporta Jovi show as well. See they need to appeal to a new audience as well for improved ticket selling-money making.

@Xavi Forgot that, i'm sorry :D

Thierry 10-29-2018 08:22 PM

I wonder when they’ll announce Hull.

cowboy2002 10-29-2018 08:46 PM

When I clicked on the ticket link in the email from Bonjovi.com earlier, there was also an Israel show as the final show. This, and the Dublin show have disappeared now though

BJFan99 10-29-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1246385)
I wonder when they’ll announce Hull.

LOL, good one!

Dave88 10-29-2018 09:45 PM

Seems like Dublin will be announced tomorrow - June 15th at the RDS. Probably the delay is due to the last minute change from Croke to RDS.

Tel Aviv is scheduled for July 25th but for some reasons the local promoter is not allowed to announce it until December.

Except for these 2 shows the tour is done IMO.

Jonty 10-29-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1246389)
Seems like Dublin will be announced tomorrow - June 15th at the RDS. Probably the delay is due to the last minute change from Croke to RDS.

Tel Aviv is scheduled for July 25th but for some reasons the local promoter is not allowed to announce it until December.

Except for these 2 shows the tour is done IMO.

Shame rds, could be better at croke, could they 15 and 16 at rds?

PanosBonJovi 10-29-2018 10:28 PM

Why would they return to Israel? Was the show in 2015 such a success?

Butters 10-29-2018 10:37 PM

If it turns out to be true, I'm glad that they'll play the RDS rather than Croke Park. I just couldn't seem them filling Croke Park. It's damage limitation at this point.

It would be great to see them play Israel particularly with all the 'boycott-Israel' nonsense that's been doing the rounds.

Supersonic 10-29-2018 10:46 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1246393)
If it turns out to be true, I'm glad that they'll play the RDS rather than Croke Park. I just couldn't seem them filling Croke Park. It's damage limitation at this point.

It would be great to see them play Israel particularly with all the 'boycott-Israel' nonsense that's been doing the rounds.

I reckon it's always been the R.D.S. The gap in the tour schedule leaves room for 2 back to back shows at the R.D.S. And if it doesn't work out there's room for Glasgow instead.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dicanio 10-29-2018 11:55 PM

There’s a nice Glastonbury shaped hole they could fill at the end of these dates lol

YOVANAfromPeru 10-30-2018 12:05 AM

https://s14.postimg.cc/5ap6h9x8h/pucca_enojada.gif

I have to pick one concert!

mo_rizwan 10-30-2018 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246401)

Pick Wembley :D

YOVANAfromPeru 10-30-2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1246410)
Pick Wembley :D

The stupid embassy never believes me when I say I wanna go there just for vacation, so they never give me the visa because they think I'm gonna stay there and never come back to my country lol
so no, no Wembley for me; I'm thinking in Russia... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1246354)
"We've become a new, rejuvenated Bon Jovi," said Jon Bon Jovi.

"A refreshed line up that kills every night. We sound better than ever and we're enjoying every minute. We are out there as a band, feeding off each other and the fans, having the time of our lives all over again."

???
https://media.giphy.com/media/135Z19SvYU3RLy/giphy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1246389)

I also saw lot of articles with JBJ/RS pics, what the hell?
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Cu...-Israel-570637

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246297)
there'll still be enough idiots who actually buy these packages, so they'll keep offering and upping them all the time.

1,000 active Backstage members RIGHT NOW.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-30-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246411)
I'm thinking in Russia... lol

https://msk.kassir.ru/koncert/bon-jovi%20
Great! No entiendo nada!

Supersonic 10-30-2018 07:41 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246413)

Just realize that the organisation will be, well, different. With every international act playing in Russia there's complaints from people who travel to go see an act there how organisation is terrible and the event will start before everyone is in the building. When I was in Russia I felt the same, I didn't like the country due to their incapabilities of organising anything to do with large crowds.

My vote would go to Vienna or Madrid. Madrid will have the better crowd but Vienna is a better city to visit. It's a bit more expensive but there's a lot more to see in the city as with Madrid you'll have to leave the city to see the more special things Spain has to offer. Skip Wembley. London is a fantastic city but the shows in London have never been the best of the tour, it's only the English and Jon Bon Jovi himself who thinks so.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

kleman 10-30-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1246414)
Aloha !

Just realize that the organisation will be, well, different. With every international act playing in Russia there's complaints from people who travel to go see an act there how organisation is terrible and the event will start before everyone is in the building. When I was in Russia I felt the same, I didn't like the country due to their incapabilities of organising anything to do with large crowds.

My vote would go to Vienna or Madrid. Madrid will have the better crowd but Vienna is a better city to visit. It's a bit more expensive but there's a lot more to see in the city as with Madrid you'll have to leave the city to see the more special things Spain has to offer. Skip Wembley. London is a fantastic city but the shows in London have never been the best of the tour, it's only the English and Jon Bon Jovi himself who thinks so.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Agree with you. You forgot to mention Munich which is probably best choice beside Vienna.

Ditricha 10-30-2018 07:51 AM

Agree. Our organisation sucks. Btw venue capacity of Luzhniki Stadium is 81.000 and ticket prices - €40-270.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-30-2018 07:58 AM

After seeing that the Russian page didn't have English version, I decided not to go to Russia... I'll see... thanks

Ditricha 10-30-2018 08:14 AM

Moreover, Russian page doesn't load because Sales Manager is late lol

Supersonic 10-30-2018 08:57 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1246415)
Agree with you. You forgot to mention Munich which is probably best choice beside Vienna.

Nah, Munich doesn't get the best shows either. In 2006 Munich was long, but not the best show. In 2008 Munich was long, but not the best. In 2011 Munich was frankly one of the most boring shows I've seen Bon Jovi do. Jon looks forward to playing London, Dublin and Munich but for whatever reason there's almost always something off about these shows. And besides, unless you're a car fanatic Munich has little to offer for your average tourist. :)

I think Liverpool, Vienna & Madrid will get the best shows.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

liljovi93 10-30-2018 08:58 AM

RDS confirmed June 15th

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

PanosBonJovi 10-30-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246417)
After seeing that the Russian page didn't have English version, I decided not to go to Russia... I'll see... thanks

I'd go to Madrid, Madrid is a very nice looking city especially during the summer and you could combine that with some holidays in San Sebastian. The embassy seems like dumb (sorry lol) and plus your birth language is Spanish so you won't have any problem with anything in Spain. Munich would also be a reasonable choice.

Bucharest is the cheapest one from all the available cities at the moment.

Ireland just added on the tour list. RDS Arena - 15/06/2019

WILDJOVIMAN 10-30-2018 09:20 AM

can anyone post a screenshot from the Prices of the backstage presale ?

PanosBonJovi 10-30-2018 09:23 AM

BackstagewithJBJ takes a lifetime to load lol

Thierry 10-30-2018 09:30 AM

Thanks to Backstage, I've got my ticket for Nijmegen and Dusseldorf. ****ing hell, very expensive! Nijmegen 140 (GC) and Dusseldorf (Front of Stage) 155,60 (plus 15 euro shipping to Netherlands). Bastards, unfortunately Werchter was sold out before I could get to those.