Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My guitar lies bleeding in my arms (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=8287)

Simon 10-30-2008 08:14 PM

It was considered to be the 6th (!) single off "These Days". I have an interview where Richie said it was his favourite from the album (while Jon's was the title track). But then the band went onto its break, and it wasn't released.

It's one of the greatest tracks from the greatest album of the greatest band. Such a masterpiece! And real musicianship instead of Tico playing a constant rhythm with some chords and some "hey hey"s on top.

jade4jovi 10-30-2008 08:17 PM

Because it's a masterpiece, and one of the very best songs they have ever written. So In Bon Jovi Land it makes sense for them not to perform it, right?

They're silly.

Johny 10-30-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 886825)
It was considered to be the 6th (!) single off "These Days". I have an interview where Richie said it was his favourite from the album (while Jon's was the title track). But then the band went onto its break, and it wasn't released.

It's one of the greatest tracks from the greatest album of the greatest band. Such a masterpiece! And real musicianship instead of Tico playing a constant rhythm with some chords and some "hey hey"s on top.

I read somewhere that Damned was meant to be the next single but the recording company denied it for whatever reason.
I'm really not sure about this.

Back to My guitar - as Jade said, it's too good song for Bon Jovi to play it live. And difficult as well.

JerseyMan 10-30-2008 11:28 PM

damn i hate it, Damned its a masterpiece

Supersonic 10-30-2008 11:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 886843)
I read somewhere that Damned was meant to be the next single but the recording company denied it for whatever reason.
I'm really not sure about this.

Not true. Initially Hearts Breaking Even was supposed to be the 6th single but Richie wanted My Guitar to be released. However, there was nothing to promote anymore, the album had run it's course and the tour was done. They wouldn't be recording anything anytime soon so they saw no point in releasing a 6th single as they didn't need anything to fill the gap between These Days and an upcoming album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Johny 10-31-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 886861)
Aloha !

Not true. Initially Hearts Breaking Even was supposed to be the 6th single but Richie wanted My Guitar to be released. However, there was nothing to promote anymore, the album had run it's course and the tour was done. They wouldn't be recording anything anytime soon so they saw no point in releasing a 6th single as they didn't need anything to fill the gap between These Days and an upcoming album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Well I said, I wasn't sure. I read it with connection to not releasing Midnight In Chelsea somewhere (maybe US??) I really don't remember where I read it and who actually wrote it. Some bullshit probably....

Simon 10-31-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 886861)
Aloha !

Initially Hearts Breaking Even was supposed to be the 6th single but Richie wanted My Guitar to be released.

"Hearts Breaking Even"? A song they never played live? Seems unfitting for the 'glory days'. Glad it wasn't released. And I doubt "My Guitar" would have done well as a single. It's an album song for me, releasing it as asingle would be like throwing pearls to the swine.

bedesign 10-31-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 886959)
"Hearts Breaking Even"? A song they never played live? Seems unfitting for the 'glory days'. Glad it wasn't released. And I doubt "My Guitar" would have done well as a single. It's an album song for me, releasing it as asingle would be like throwing pearls to the swine.

Yeah, i remembered listening "Hearts Breaking Even" on radios here in southamerica. I thought it was gonna be the next single.

Supersonic 10-31-2008 03:16 PM

Aloha !

Before These Days was released they issued a 6 track CD sampler:

1. This Ain't A Love Song (Album Version)
2. Something For The Pain
3. These Days
4. Lie To Me
5. Hearts Breakin' Even
6. Hey God

After Hey God was released they asked the band if they were going to release anymore singles. Richie said he wanted My Guitar Lies Bleeding to be released but knew it was not going to happen.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan