Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My guitar lies bleeding in my arms (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=8287)

SpainSambora 03-15-2003 08:22 PM

My guitar lies bleeding in my arms

I have this song since 1995, and sometimes as the last week, I listen to that song one time, two times, three times...It´s a great song with a great lyric.
What do u think about it?

BJfan4ever 03-15-2003 08:29 PM

Re: My guitar lies bleeding in my arms

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpainSambora
I have this song since 1995, and sometimes as the last week, I listen to that song one time, two times, three times...It´s a great song with a great lyric.
What do u think about it?

I totally agree with you. It's a masterpiece.

Santa_Fe 03-15-2003 08:30 PM

I agree. Good good song. Excellent lyrics, vocals, guitar work, everything.

Shaun 03-15-2003 08:33 PM

my favorite song on the These Days album

i think its fantastic live

Arash 03-15-2003 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bon Jovi
my favorite song on the These Days album

i think its fantastic live

i totally agree with you about it...its the greatest song on these days, and the live performance rocks!

=arash=

SpainSambora 03-20-2003 01:18 AM

Anybody have a live version?

walter 03-20-2003 01:21 AM

no live version surfacing ton a single. from TD, two other songs were played (at least!) but never surfaced : lie to me and damned. it would be great to have these songs more than the tenth live version of YGLABN or LOAP on a single

Shaun 03-20-2003 02:03 AM

yeah....i got a live version from i think Yokohama

Kathleen 03-20-2003 02:32 AM

There is a live version on the 3rd Fields of Fire disk uploaded now on file sharing. It is live in Yokohama 1996.

Kathleen

letitrock 03-20-2003 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpainSambora
Anybody have a live version?

quite a few

i want one on video though showing the blood dripping from the guitar.... is it on any audience vids?

Shaun 03-20-2003 03:37 AM

Quote:

i want one on video though showing the blood dripping from the guitar.... is it on any audience vids?
is that a joke....or do they really do that?¿?¿

Rosscoe 03-20-2003 07:21 AM

All of a sudden I have an urge to see it on video.

eriK 03-20-2003 07:51 AM

the best track on these days!

bambam33 03-20-2003 07:58 AM

Yeah one of the best and most underrated Bon Jovi songs. A good example of the awesome musicianship the These Days album boasts!

JoviGirl 03-20-2003 10:52 AM

It's stunning. This song is one of their gutsiest songs. The most emotional performance they've ever given.

letitrock 03-20-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Bon Jovi
Quote:

is that a joke....or do they really do that?¿?¿

no they do it - definitely

letitrock 03-20-2003 11:54 AM

rather; they DID it...!

I could probably upload videos of it at some point but where will store up to 100 meg + ??

ticos_stick 03-20-2003 12:59 PM

yeah

Its a very good song, it starts slow and tender and then rips into a great rock song! genius

Shaun 03-21-2003 12:38 AM

cool....i never knew they did that in concerts when they used to play it

Christo 03-21-2003 04:03 PM

These Days is about the only album I would NOT tamper with if I were given the job of mixing the album, it's just all there, it's great! :D

letitrock 03-21-2003 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
These Days is about the only album I would NOT tamper with if I were given the job of mixing the album, it's just all there, it's great! :D

i also wouldn't tamper with new jersey but yes...

Christo 03-21-2003 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

Perhaps, but I still think this is even more solid than Jersey, which is an excellent album too. :wink:

letitrock 03-21-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

Perhaps, but I still think this is even more solid than Jersey, which is an excellent album too. :wink:

i love these days but still think a couple of songs were perhaps a little out of place... but i have very few criticisms of that album

yomamasofat 03-21-2003 06:03 PM

I don't like that song. It bores me to tears really. Not the highlight in These Days for me (that would be the title track).

Becky 03-21-2003 06:14 PM

It's one of my favorites from These Days. The lyrics and vocals are awesome.

Becky

Christine 03-22-2003 01:53 PM

It's my favorite song off 'These Days', very dark but very moving as well.

severo17 10-30-2008 07:26 PM

yeah I'm diggin up this thread to ask if someones knows if there's any reason why they don't perform this song live anymore since 1996, excluding the reason of the high vocals at the end.
Jon or Richie doesn't like this song?

ponrauil 10-30-2008 07:38 PM

Probably too dark for Jon's taste and his idea that people only want to hear optimistic stuff from the band. That's why he wouldn't play KTF during the Christmas season on the last tour...

Ponrauil

JerseyMan 10-30-2008 08:00 PM

its a good song, i think it honors the name to "WHile my guitar gently weeps" by Master Harrison, of course i like it , but i dont listen to it that much

ponrauil 10-30-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyMan
i think it honors the name to "WHile my guitar gently weeps" by Master Harrison...

Eh? How are these two songs even related? Long title with the word "guitar" in it?

Ponrauil

Simon 10-30-2008 08:14 PM

It was considered to be the 6th (!) single off "These Days". I have an interview where Richie said it was his favourite from the album (while Jon's was the title track). But then the band went onto its break, and it wasn't released.

It's one of the greatest tracks from the greatest album of the greatest band. Such a masterpiece! And real musicianship instead of Tico playing a constant rhythm with some chords and some "hey hey"s on top.

jade4jovi 10-30-2008 08:17 PM

Because it's a masterpiece, and one of the very best songs they have ever written. So In Bon Jovi Land it makes sense for them not to perform it, right?

They're silly.

Johny 10-30-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 886825)
It was considered to be the 6th (!) single off "These Days". I have an interview where Richie said it was his favourite from the album (while Jon's was the title track). But then the band went onto its break, and it wasn't released.

It's one of the greatest tracks from the greatest album of the greatest band. Such a masterpiece! And real musicianship instead of Tico playing a constant rhythm with some chords and some "hey hey"s on top.

I read somewhere that Damned was meant to be the next single but the recording company denied it for whatever reason.
I'm really not sure about this.

Back to My guitar - as Jade said, it's too good song for Bon Jovi to play it live. And difficult as well.

JerseyMan 10-30-2008 11:28 PM

damn i hate it, Damned its a masterpiece

Supersonic 10-30-2008 11:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 886843)
I read somewhere that Damned was meant to be the next single but the recording company denied it for whatever reason.
I'm really not sure about this.

Not true. Initially Hearts Breaking Even was supposed to be the 6th single but Richie wanted My Guitar to be released. However, there was nothing to promote anymore, the album had run it's course and the tour was done. They wouldn't be recording anything anytime soon so they saw no point in releasing a 6th single as they didn't need anything to fill the gap between These Days and an upcoming album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Johny 10-31-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 886861)
Aloha !

Not true. Initially Hearts Breaking Even was supposed to be the 6th single but Richie wanted My Guitar to be released. However, there was nothing to promote anymore, the album had run it's course and the tour was done. They wouldn't be recording anything anytime soon so they saw no point in releasing a 6th single as they didn't need anything to fill the gap between These Days and an upcoming album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Well I said, I wasn't sure. I read it with connection to not releasing Midnight In Chelsea somewhere (maybe US??) I really don't remember where I read it and who actually wrote it. Some bullshit probably....

Simon 10-31-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 886861)
Aloha !

Initially Hearts Breaking Even was supposed to be the 6th single but Richie wanted My Guitar to be released.

"Hearts Breaking Even"? A song they never played live? Seems unfitting for the 'glory days'. Glad it wasn't released. And I doubt "My Guitar" would have done well as a single. It's an album song for me, releasing it as asingle would be like throwing pearls to the swine.

bedesign 10-31-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 886959)
"Hearts Breaking Even"? A song they never played live? Seems unfitting for the 'glory days'. Glad it wasn't released. And I doubt "My Guitar" would have done well as a single. It's an album song for me, releasing it as asingle would be like throwing pearls to the swine.

Yeah, i remembered listening "Hearts Breaking Even" on radios here in southamerica. I thought it was gonna be the next single.

Supersonic 10-31-2008 03:16 PM

Aloha !

Before These Days was released they issued a 6 track CD sampler:

1. This Ain't A Love Song (Album Version)
2. Something For The Pain
3. These Days
4. Lie To Me
5. Hearts Breakin' Even
6. Hey God

After Hey God was released they asked the band if they were going to release anymore singles. Richie said he wanted My Guitar Lies Bleeding to be released but knew it was not going to happen.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan