Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The real reason for recording TLFR... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=18780)

krb102 11-04-2003 03:39 PM

The real reason for recording TLFR...

Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.

This stops people complaining that he can't hit the high notes anymore.

Come on Jon, not only are you cheating your fans; you're cheating yourself.

Sambo-Chris 11-04-2003 03:51 PM

This is for sure not the reason because they only play these version in Atlantic City next week and not at other occasions.

krb102 11-04-2003 04:01 PM

I am willing to bet money that on the next tour (if there is one) the play this version of Always. It keeps the fans happy who complain that it is never played, and Jon can physically sing this version.

Stut 11-04-2003 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krb102
I am willing to bet money

How much?

krb102 11-04-2003 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut-The-Finn
Quote:

I am willing to bet money

How much?

1000 yen. Dont't reply to this though cos the thread will go off topic.

faitheveryday1984 11-04-2003 04:14 PM

Re: The real reason for recording TLFR...

Quote:

Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.

Where did you get this from? Some people need to stop assuming things and learn to get the facts strait. I have learned not to assume anything in life because your assumptions can lead you in the wrong direction, you will base everything on your assuptions instead of the facts. If you would read the interview with the band about the album, you will have the facts on how and why this album came about. Don't let your opinions of whether Jon can sing high notes or not lead you to assume that this is why the album was made. Your opinions are your own and you have the right to them, but don't confuse them with fact.

davefan 11-04-2003 06:09 PM

Quote:

oh common they can`t play TLFR live. Even I really hate the album theres no real reason to discuss why did they make it. They went into the studio and whether it was there idea or pats idea or what ever they made TLFR and we can`t change that

Gizmo 11-04-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

This is definitely not true!!
The band have said that it would be a nightmare to bring this album out on the road because there are too many instruments used. They said they will have to spend a lot of of time rehearsing for Atlantic City!!

And besides, I think they would know their fans would want to hear the original versions at their concerts.

Supersonic 11-04-2003 08:00 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

If you would read the interview with the band about the album, you will have the facts on how and why this album came about.
So you say they would've said it if it would've been because of Jon's voice ?

Quote:

This is definitely not true!!
The band have said that it would be a nightmare to bring this album out on the road because there are too many instruments used.
For a lot of tracks on TLFR yes, but for Always, no. It can be done simply by the band without any other musicians.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Iceman 11-04-2003 08:10 PM

Quote:

Sounds about right. At least now he doesn't have to pretend he's "improvising" when not hitting the high note. He can just go: "I sang it like I sang it on TLFR!".

Ice