Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TLFR a flop. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=21822)

Iceman 01-19-2004 09:38 AM

TLFR a flop.

According to SoundScan, TLFR has sold really badly:

Bon Jovi "This Left Feels Right" 264,742 - that's the total number on January 13th in the US. Why am I not surprised?

Ice

Tooka 01-19-2004 09:50 AM

You shouldn't be surprised!

Hey, this is a great album, great art work, pure music. This is an album that's not meant to Crush or to Bounce, this is for us and for the band only. I don't care if it sells a zillion or a hundred, afterall, since when did that become the real test of good work!?

Sambo-Chris 01-19-2004 09:54 AM

It's the worst sold BJ-album here in Germany for years. I don't remember another BJ-album that went down the charts that fast. The only country I know where it is quite successfull is Austria where it is still in the Top 5.

Well, no wonder and I'm glad that it is this way. If it would have been a big success the record company maybe would force them to make another album in this style. Now we can be quite sure that this doesn't happen.

Neurotica80 01-19-2004 09:57 AM

Well lets hope there not allowed to make another album like it

cherryrockcandy 01-19-2004 10:21 AM

that's the good news..... maybe that embarassing "self tribute" album will be forgotten and they can get back to being a rock band.

Martin 01-19-2004 10:24 AM

it fell down from 3 to 13 this week- but i don't give a **** bout the charts...
most important to me is that bon jovi finally seemed to have kicked ****ing luke ebbin (which is the worst producer i've ever seen and should rod in hell for crush and 10/12 of bounce) and swapped him for a producer which proves to possess a thing which is called "creativity" which is said to be the essence of life (tico). furthermore jon said the he (pat leonard) is gonna co-produce the next album and that's the reason why i'm looking forward to it- and i really do hope that the band (respectively jon) takes the left turn again cause every turn away from what came after these days must be good for nothing worse can be done!

Jag 01-19-2004 10:26 AM

so many albums dont sell well commercially but are still great, as is TLFR...(actually listening to it right now) 8)

walter 01-19-2004 10:31 AM

don't forget that there's no real promotion fr TLFR : no tour, no real fight to give it a chance to sell big, and I don't think we should think it as a real Bon Jovi album, just a holiday thing in the studio

Billy Kid 01-19-2004 10:34 AM

Serves them right!

I hate to say I told you so,but..... I told you so!

The fans have spoken!!

Martin 01-19-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Kid
Serves them right!

I hate to say I told you so,but..... I told you so!

The fans have spoken!!

i could make a lot of comments on that post but to keep dc a peaceful land i ain't gonna say a thing...