Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Springsteen to perform the Superbowl Halftime Show (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46261)

superkid 08-13-2008 12:41 AM

Springsteen to perform the Superbowl Halftime Show

I don't know how many of you have heard this, but:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/08/11/sp...he-super-bowl/

:) It's pretty much official. Thoughts anyone?

Crushgen24/88 08-13-2008 01:14 AM

I heard about this on a Billy Joel board earlier. Actually, it's NOT official quite yet, and neither side will confirm.
In any case, it would be awesome. Though I will say one thing, for this type of performance they'll only have time for 4 songs tops, and they'll have to be "insta-known" songs like BITUSA.

Crushgen24/88 08-13-2008 01:23 AM

I must say, the reactions on some of the Bruce message boards are making me laugh.

Kathleen 08-13-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 871721)
I must say, the reactions on some of the Bruce message boards are making me laugh.

Actually - the Greasy Lake reactions are pretty positive. I am pretty much a die hard football hater - but I have made exceptions for some of the past greats playing the superbowl. Clearly I will be watching this one.

Crushgen24/88 08-13-2008 02:08 AM

I was poking around Greasy Lakes and Backstreets when I heard the news, and while most did seem to be positive, some people were making it sound like the Bruce doing the SB Halftime show is akin to him "analy-raping their mother while pouring sugar in their gas tank"

BTW, Can anyone name the movie reference I just made?

superkid 08-13-2008 02:18 AM

I heard it from Backstreets. I think it's pretty exciting. I bet they will play BTR, Dancing in the dark, Possibly Badlands, and mabye the Promised Land or BITUSA. In the following years we had Janet Jackson, Paul McCartney, The stones, Prince, and Petty. Bruce is way better then all of those bands and he performs 100X better too.

Crushgen24/88 08-13-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 871732)
I heard it from Backstreets. I think it's pretty exciting. I bet they will play BTR, Dancing in the dark, Possibly Badlands, and mabye the Promised Land or BITUSA. In the following years we had Janet Jackson, Paul McCartney, The stones, Prince, and Petty. Bruce is way better then all of those bands and he performs 100X better too.

Janet and Prince yes IMO.
To say Bruce is WAY BETTER than Macca, The Stones, and Petty is an overstatement. I like Bruce better then each of them, but let's not do discounting those bands. Especially Macca.

superkid 08-13-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 871733)
Janet and Prince yes IMO.
To say Bruce is WAY BETTER than Macca, The Stones, and Petty is an overstatement. I like Bruce better then each of them, but let's not do discounting those bands. Especially Macca.

What I meant was that He is a better performer than all of those bands. Petty was never a really good performer and McCartney and the Stones were both old when they played. Bruce still performs just as good as he did back in '85 and he is 59 years old.

Crushgen24/88 08-13-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 871737)
What I meant was that He is a better performer than all of those bands. Petty was never a really good performer and McCartney and the Stones were both old when they played. Bruce still performs just as good as he did back in '85 and he is 59 years old.

Petty was never a good live performer?
To leave it nicely, I disagree.
As for Macca, he was still great when I saw him in '05.
Never seen the Stones, but my dad saw them in Sept of '06 and said it was the best show he's ever seen. (And he's seen almost everyone you can think of)

SamboraQueen21 08-13-2008 03:01 AM

If it turns out to be true that would be awesome!! Although i don't want to get psyched yet cause last year everyone was saying Bon Jovi was playing it and then they didn't. So I guess I will keep my fingers crossed for it to happen.