Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who are better? BeeGees or B. Springsteen & E Street Band ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52381)

Supersonic 12-21-2010 11:08 PM

Who are better? BeeGees or B. Springsteen & E Street Band ?

Aloha !

Just recently I was part of an interesting discussion with someone from this board who claims Springsteen is the better one of the two groups as she hates the BeeGees. I can't see why though.

The BeeGees have had more hits, they stand for an era and have never written a patriotic song like "Born In The U.K." or "The Thames". They have a way better idea of what a good song is as well. Further on, they have never collaborated wth big artists like Celine Dion either. So what do you think? Do you agree with me and think that Springsteen and his backup band is terribly overrated?

Please vote because this poll is of great importance to my stay at Kathleen's place.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

milomom 12-21-2010 11:20 PM

Hmmm . . . more fall-out from that Bee Gees discussion over dinner, huh?

Panda 12-21-2010 11:27 PM

Seb, I still have that video of you on my phone completeley rocking out to "You Should Be Dancing" While going 189km/hr on the Canadian Highways... ohhh man..

Panda 12-21-2010 11:29 PM

And Seb, while I Love Bruce, I do indeed think he is increadibly overrated on this board. Everyone here thinks he's the bees knees and one of the best songwriters ever. Which I completely disagree with. Not knocking Bruce though, still love his music. So therefore I will not vote because I do think Bruce is highly overrated, but I do think he is better than the Beegees.

ticos_stick 12-22-2010 05:20 AM

If I were a gay 70's cheese ball who still wore flares I'd vote for the Bee Gees. But alas I am not.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuce!

Kathleen 12-22-2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1033356)
If I were a gay 70's cheese ball who still wore flares I'd vote for the Bee Gees. But alas I am not.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuce!

Thank you - I'd accuse Seb of drinking too much at dinner, but he doesn't even drink. Too bad he doesn't even have an excuse for such bad taste in music :p

Yup Terri - fallout from dinner :D

ticos_stick 12-22-2010 05:23 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_enMd5yGX0r...2006+front.jpg

Kathleen 12-22-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1033358)

Yup - 70's cheese LOL

Ferret 12-22-2010 06:02 AM

There's something about how Bruce Springsteen uses incredibly evocative, poetic lyrics to tap into just about every aspect of life and tell spellbinding, greatly moving stories, without ever (well, almost) losing sense of what makes great music or compromising his artistic integrity that I just can't fuckin' stand. Bring on the faggy 70s disco anthems, wooo!!!!

How can anybody even compare;

The night fever, night fever: we know how to do it.
Gimme the night fever, night fever: we know how to show it.
In the heat of our love, don't need no help for us to make it.
Gimme just enough takin’ us to the mornin'.
I got fire in my mind. I get higher in my walkin',
And I'm glowin' in the dark; I give you warnin'.

to

The jury brought in a guilty verdict and the judge he sentenced me to death
Midnight in a prison storeroom with leather straps across my chest
Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir and snaps my poor head back
You make sure my pretty baby is sittin' right there on my lap
They declared me unfit to live said into that great void my soul'd be hurled
They wanted to know why I did what I did
Well sir I guess there's just a meanness in this world

I mean, come on! Read that "good" bullshit! What a cunt! The Bee Gees sing about the real important, touching things in life, such as boogying and its ilk. Hauntingly blunt lyrical portraits of a man's execution? What a pile of shit. I wanna partaaaaaaaaaay damnit!

Iceman 12-22-2010 09:37 AM

Yes! x ∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ice