Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Your Def Leppard, GNR, Motley Crue and Poison dream setlist (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45037)

Emil 05-15-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 825742)
But where are Strage, Can't Bring Me Down, and most of the stuff from Crack a Smile? It's easily Poison's best effort.

I do really like the studio tracks on Power To The People (except for the title track which is awful). I've never gotten into Crack A Smile though. I hade sky high expectations on it, but was enormously disappointed. The only song I really like is Best Thing You Ever Had. The rest is a bunch of songs that certainly have some promise, but they all sound a bit bland and meaningless. Sorry.

To me, Flesh & Blood is their finest hour. Without a doubt.

yomamasofat 05-15-2008 08:52 AM

Emil: you do like bands to close using ballads don't you :P

Iceman 05-15-2008 09:33 AM

Crack A Smile is the finest Poison album. I think Blues Saraceno plays really well and the songs are quintessential party tracks. Nothing but a good time, if you pardon the pun. Excellent album. It's not as predictable as Flesh&Blood and not as corny or dumb as the first two albums. Nor crap like Hollyweird.

Ice

Emil 05-15-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 825754)
Emil: you do like bands to close using ballads don't you :P

Haha, apparently so. But no, not really actually. I just penned those setlists down pretty quickly here at work. Anyway, my killer encores make up for it. :p

I like the topic by the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 825758)
Crack A Smile is the finest Poison album. I think Blues Saraceno plays really well and the songs are quintessential party tracks. Nothing but a good time, if you pardon the pun. Excellent album. It's not as predictable as Flesh&Blood and not as corny or dumb as the first two albums. Nor crap like Hollyweird.

Yeah, I hear you. Each to their own I guess. What do you think of Songs Of Life?

Iceman 05-15-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 825760)
Yeah, I hear you. Each to their own I guess. What do you think of Songs Of Life?

I have only heard a few tracks. The ones I have heard were ok musically, but the lyrics were not that good. I'd like to hear the album though, I guess I should buy it.

Ice

Emil 05-15-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 825761)
I have only heard a few tracks. The ones I have heard were ok musically, but the lyrics were not that good. I'd like to hear the album though, I guess I should buy it.

You should, it's a great album. Sure, lyrically it's not that clever. The lyrics are either rather goofy or sentimental in a pathetic kind of way, but you can't focus too much on Bret's lyrics (as always). Stay With Me is nice though, but that one was originally relased on Ballads, Blues and Stories, and was only included on Songs Of Life as a bonus track.

Musically, it's very good and proves that Bret still can write and record amazing songs. It's a lot of fun too.

yomamasofat 05-15-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 825758)

Ice

Saraceno is a killer player, no doubt, but I just can't get the songs. I still prefer the first 3 albums. Hollyweird is crap, that I agree. No hook at all in that album.

JKKDARK 05-15-2008 05:37 PM

Poison:

Ride the Wind
I Want Action
Life Goes On
Your Mama Don't Dance
Talk Dirty to Me
Until You Suffer Some (Fire and Ice)
So Tell Me Why
I Won't Forget You
Nothin' But a Good Time
Cry Tough
We're An American Band
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Stand
Flesh and Blood (Sacrifice)
Face the Hangman
The Last Song
Fallen Angel
Unskinny Bop
Something to Believe In
Rock and Roll All Nite

Emil 05-15-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 825734)
GNR

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr Brownstone
4. Live And Let Die
5. Pretty Tied Up
6. Civil War
7. Anything Goes
8. Used To Love Her
9. Out Ta Get Me
10. November Rain
11. Bad Obsession
12. Ain't It Fun
13. Think About You
14. Double Talkin Jive
15. Breakdown
16. Patience
17. Better
18. You Could Be Mine
19. Sweet Child Of Mine
20. Nightrain

Encore 1
21. Don't Cry
22. Madagascar
23. Rocket Queen

Encore 2
24. Knockin On Heaven's Door
25. Paradise City

Ey! Seriously no Estranged?

slippery89 05-16-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 825731)
Def Leppard

1. Stagefright
2. Let It Go
3. Another Hit & Run
4. Go
5. Photograph
6. Bringin On A Heartbreak/Switch 625
7. Demolition Man
8. Ring Of Fire
9. You're So Beautiful
10. Armageddon It
11. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
12. Rocket
13. Hallucinate
14. Promises
15. Golden Age Of Rock N Roll
16. When Love And Hate Collide
17. Gift Of Flesh
18. Rock Rock
19. Animal
20. Pour Some Sugar On Me

Encore 1
21. Let's Get Rocked
22. Rock Of Ages
23. Love Bites

Encore 2
24. Hysteria
25. Wasted

Come on no Foolin, Bringin on the heartache, Women, Too Late for love?