Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 10-06-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1268871)
Listening to the CD, from Japan, and I have to say the production on this is superb. I can't believe the difference from the digital version, I know it's obvious but for some reason it just hit me big time. Incredible quality and the Japan packaging is beautiful.

That's the downside with steaming its compressed so much.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

jovifan93 10-06-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1268895)
That's the downside with steaming its compressed so much.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I already noticed with THINFS. When streaming from Amazon music, some songs sound a bit dull (Knockout for example), because there is just too much going on in the different frequencies, while the CD sounds really punchy and crystal clear. Might give my 2020 CD a shot in the car as well then ;-)

Dave88 10-06-2020 09:54 AM

I don't like to be such a downer but 2020 does almost nothing to me.

With the exception of some lyrics in Luv Can that really resonate with me and some cool musical bits here and there I have almost no interest in this album.

That being said, "maybe we start to die on the day we're born, but we deserve to live life in between" is among the best Jon has written in the last 20 or so years.

Dave88 10-06-2020 10:05 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention - how on earth could have they thought of making Story of Love first single??

Not that Limitless is a good song OR that having a single in radios makes any difference for nowadays Bon Jovi but come on, Story of Love is the farthest thing from a single that could work.

steel_horse75 10-06-2020 11:23 AM

I don’t get the love for Story of Love I think it’s f*cking horrible and I have 2 kids.
I don’t mind 2020 and accept Jovi are not the Jovi I fell in love with but Story of Love is not the crud I want to hear the Bon Jovi do.
I can put up with a lot but story of love is taking the piss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddie73 10-06-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1268909)
I don’t get the love for Story of Love I think it’s f*cking horrible and I have 2 kids.
I don’t mind 2020 and accept Jovi are not the Jovi I fell in love with but Story of Love is not the crud I want to hear the Bon Jovi do.
I can put up with a lot but story of love is taking the piss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You Miserable sod :lol!:.... I quite like it, however I do wish they would do a proper power balled again

hackster73 10-06-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1268914)
You Miserable sod :lol!:.... I quite like it, however I do wish they would do a proper power balled again

Luv Can is a better song and could have been placed or could be rotated for Story Of Love.. or Shine even.

jovifan93 10-06-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1268918)
Luv Can is a better song and could have been placed or could be rotated for Story Of Love.. or Shine even.

Still don't get the love for Luv Can. The chorus is so "strange" (the way it almost switches tempo when it doesn't, because the lines get longer and take up two bars instead of one) I just can't get behind. Also not a big fan of the melody...

Ghostorm 10-06-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1268914)

I'd say, that Bloon in the Water is a proper power balad.

Savvi 10-06-2020 03:20 PM

I find myself listening to Shine, multiple times daily. Let It Rain, Luv Can, Blood in the Water and Do What You Can (Nettles version) are also on heavy rotation.

I feel like Beautiful Drug is a little over rated, but it's still good.

I'm also warming up to Lower the Flag more and more each day. Story of Love is nice, but I mainly listen to it for the end solo rather than the fairly boring first half (though lyrically I love it).

American Reckoning, Unbroken, Limitless and Brothers In Arms all get skipped (the latter two I don't hate, but nothing draws me to them).