Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you go see Bon Jovi without Jon ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70271)

efpg0708 03-26-2018 03:44 AM

Would you go see Bon Jovi without Jon ?

I know this is impossible to happen, but if Richie, Hugh, David and Tico formed a band and hired a guy who can sing anything, would you go see them live ? No WLOL, ILTT, WSYCGH, but Let’s Make it Baby, If I Was Your Mother ...

They could call it Bon Jovi + the guy from Bounce

Walleris 03-26-2018 05:43 AM

I would.

It obviously wouldn't be the 'real thing', but from the musical value, it sounds like too damn good of a show to miss. But then again, it would simply go to see Bounce for that same reason.

WILDJOVIMAN 03-26-2018 08:00 AM

no i don´t think so !!! BJ without Jon is like Summer without Sunshine, no matter how bad his vocals are

NicoRourke 03-26-2018 08:07 AM

I wouldn't, just like I'm not going if they visit Europe because Richie's not there.

BonJovi100 03-26-2018 08:11 AM

Yes I could go. It would be good tribute band.
But looking on RSO setlist I think we would rather listen songs like Who Says You CGH than Runaway :)
Did Richie play Runaway? He said he'll never play it. Did he play Who Says? Yes. Many times :)

jovifan93 03-26-2018 09:06 AM

No, I wouldn't. Bon Jovi = Jon for me, wouldn't be Bon Jovi without his voice, no matter how bad or perfect.

Burlhouse 03-26-2018 09:31 AM

No, I would not. Just like I would not go and see a tribute band. The first thing that attracted me to Bon Jovi was Jon’s voice, and I still need to hear it, however shot his voice is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thomas S 03-26-2018 09:46 AM

I would, but only if the show was local and cheap. I got into this band because of Jon's singing, and although I've become a fan of the other guys in the band as well I still wouldn't be prepared to go to any kind of extreme lengths to see the show. That being said I'm sure I'd still enjoy a show of that kind - hearing many of my favourite songs with at least most of the original band still remaining would be fun and nostalgic at least.

Cap Crash 03-26-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1237177)
I know this is impossible to happen, but if Richie, Hugh, David and Tico formed a band and hired a guy who can sing anything, would you go see them live ? No WLOL, ILTT, WSYCGH, but Let’s Make it Baby, If I Was Your Mother ...

They could call it Bon Jovi + the guy from Bounce

I still would. Won't care how much the tickets will cost as long as I'm not gonna hear a has-been singer who continues to deliver underwhelming vocal performances on their Country Hit

bjcrazycpa 03-26-2018 06:52 PM

Nope If the namesake goes away I’d have no interest. If they form another band not named Bon Jovi and it’s different music then yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro