Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News About: World Tour 2022/23 & New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70847)

Faceman 10-19-2021 03:50 PM

I don't understand why some of you think it's strange that they are rehearsing.
Music is their job, it's their profession. As a professional musician rehearsals are the most important part.
It was rather strange that up until 2005 Jon bragged about not rehearsing at all. 1) I never believed him because especially on that level you have to rehearse to put on a great show 2) With Jon being that workaholic-perfectionist, such a behaviour would have been more than nonprofessional.
So using the time for rehearsals while not on tour is the best they can do. No matter when a new tour will start.

Captain_jovi 10-19-2021 06:01 PM

Yeah agreed with the above. There's rumours of a new single to promote the tour. I'll give Jon shit for a lot of things but getting the band together to work on stuff ahead of time should make us happy, not snarky.

Faceman 10-19-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275956)
I'll give Jon shit for a lot of things but getting the band together to work on stuff ahead of time should make us happy, not snarky.

This! We gave him a lot of shit to eat for not caring while being off tour and always "having a cold" when they did one-off shows or just started a tour and he wasn't able to sing in key. So to me it's a good thing when he changed that.

PanosBonJovi 10-19-2021 08:17 PM

I don't know about new work as they never played 2020 in a stadium before and Jon's Oct.2 tweet specifically mentioned "cant wait to play this album in a stadium".

There will be a tour in 2022. If there will be new work, no clue.

Captain_jovi 10-19-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1275958)
I don't know about new work as they never played 2020 in a stadium before and Jon's Oct.2 tweet specifically mentioned "cant wait to play this album in a stadium".

There will be a tour in 2022. If there will be new work, no clue.

Of course, but I don't see them hitting the road promoting an album this old. We know there are some new songs in the can, prolly not a new album but will they release a stand alone EP, just a new single or an expanded 2020 retitled 2022? Who knows.

rolo_tomachi 10-19-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275962)
Of course, but I don't see them hitting the road promoting an album this old. We know there are some new songs in the can, prolly not a new album but will they release a stand alone EP, just a new single or an expanded 2020 retitled 2022? Who knows.

If we can't get a new album, I like the idea of expanding the 2020 album with a second disc *plus songs. It would be great 2020 reissue with 20 tracks. And if not, then an Ep with 5 - 6 songs would be fine too.

But I think these rehearsals with the band will be for a live performance on TV and radio, maybe a promo show with the public this time.

Xavi 10-20-2021 12:14 AM

Every band in the world needs to rehearse.
Theres nothing more to say.
Its just the band rehearshing.

steel_horse75 10-20-2021 08:50 AM

I’m in no rush for a new album after the last 2 and I’ve retired from seeing them live.
Investing my money in pub and new bands.

I really hope if they do release something it’s just a great rock song making full use of Phil X but I just cannot see that happening anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PanosBonJovi 10-20-2021 10:45 AM

The Drills just cancelled their UK 2022 tour in January "due to covid 19 travel restricitons", clearing up Phil X's schedule (Jan 23-Feb 4).

I expect a Bon Jovi North America tour starting late January, early February to European leg starting in May as usual?

We shall see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275962)

No idea, tour is happening though, it's been already booked.

Thinny 10-20-2021 11:50 AM

Surely a tour starting in January is too soon. It's already nearing the end of October. That leaves no real time to sell tickets.

I don't see them coming to Europe that soon either.