Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Skid Row (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70479)

steel_horse75 03-25-2022 02:36 PM

Not too bad.

The original 3 members have always said they’ll never get back with Seb as he’s a problem……many singers later I think we know where the problems may well lay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinny 03-25-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278163)
Not too bad.

The original 3 members have always said they’ll never get back with Seb as he’s a problem……many singers later I think we know where the problems may well lay!

After Bach Solinger ws with then for 15 years. Tony Harnell dicked them around and decided after taking the job he didn't want to sing other people's songs. ZP Theart was with them for 5 years, though his sudden departure is strange. I don't think they are easy to please, but Sebastian is a prize dick no doubt about that.

rolo_tomachi 03-26-2022 08:51 PM

I wish Erik the best, he's fantastic, so this time there's a bit of expectation in it from my side. But... Sebastian is the man.

I also have to say something about Subhuman Race, I really like that album man, the only thing wrong with that record is the final mix, since it lacks some edge, but it's easy to fix.

bonjovi90 03-27-2022 11:42 AM

Had seen Erik live with H.E.A.T. and that guy is a great front man (though he was drinking excessively on stage that night) and vocally, he's every bit as good live as he's in the studio. So in terms of pure quality, that's a great addition to Skid Row.

Johny 03-27-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1278184)
Had seen Erik live with H.E.A.T. and that guy is a great front man (though he was drinking excessively on stage that night) and vocally, he's every bit as good live as he's in the studio. So in terms of pure quality, that's a great addition to Skid Row.

Proven here:

steel_horse75 03-28-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1278180)
I wish Erik the best, he's fantastic, so this time there's a bit of expectation in it from my side. But... Sebastian is the man.

I also have to say something about Subhuman Race, I really like that album man, the only thing wrong with that record is the final mix, since it lacks some edge, but it's easy to fix.

Agree subhuman race is a beast of an album. Saw them on that tour twice and they were still a great live band.

When we saw them once the band didn’t come on until really late plus he had missed the album signing we were at well earlier and everyone was wondering why. The talk was Seb was unwell but what really happened was he kept getting off and on the tour bus and the doors failed so he was locked in and they couldn’t find anyone to get him out!

The new singer thing is really odd as Sabo gave an interview just a few days prior and he didn’t mention a new singer and then a new single is released with new guy on. Everyone kept that quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johny 03-28-2022 10:23 AM

The strange thing about hiring Erik is that he met with the band on Tuesday for the first time! As per his social media.
I know, the world learnt to work remotely but that's kinda strange to me. Def Leppard recorded their last album separately, so I guess providing vocals for the new album wasn't a problem for Erik. Still, a band needs to have some kind of dynamic, chemistry etc, you don't have that on Zoom.

steel_horse75 03-28-2022 07:56 PM

Uk tour announced
Phil X and the Drills supporting.
Got my tickets for London! [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

angelsambo 04-02-2022 02:04 PM

so glad hearing Livin' On a Chain Gang again...what a great ****ing tune

B.J. Always 04-30-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278211)
Uk tour announced
Phil X and the Drills supporting.
Got my tickets for London! [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

I hope you will post back here on what your experience was like!