Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon goes live (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70149)

Dave88 11-30-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230909)
Dry County was inspired by news so it all depends on the music, delivery and lyrics...

Yeah but that was Jon at his peak, in 2017 this means we'll have another get up off your knees/because we can/we're stronger together blablabla type of song.

bjcrazycpa 11-30-2017 09:45 PM

Jon goes live

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230909)
Dry County was inspired by news so it all depends on the music, delivery and lyrics...

I agree with you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-30-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1230912)
Yeah but that was Jon at his peak, in 2017 this means we'll have another get up off your knees/because we can/we're stronger together blablabla type of song.

you're gonna get that regardless...

I'm actually okay with Jon writing about news events and what's going on in the world... I don't agree with mixing politics and even his philanthropy... If he did that with a solo band or something outside of Bon Jovi I'd be more accepting of it but news events are okay...

However, he said in an interview that he got inspiration for THINFS from a newspaper and I think most are satisfied with the end result... It all just depends on how it's done... If it's subtle and not overexposed, it could work just fine. Working Man was just too cliche', overexposed, and simple...

Rdkopper 11-30-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1230910)
I heard this: "a nice little surprise is that we're gonna put out a couple of new songs to share with you for the New Year. They are cut. I think they are pretty good!!! And just 2 tracks to support what we hope to be sharing with you soon in 2018."

I caught that too... Sounds like it could be somewhat interesting and outside the box. It's probably just tour dates... but then why wouldn't Jon say that considering he's talking about the tour anyway (ie live songs they've been rehearsing, etc)

He made it sound like something exciting is going to be announced. Maybe he actually did get word that they are in the RARHOF but just have to wait for the official go ahead before they could announce it???

I wonder if the songs are free too? Doesn't sound like a big money maker.

bonjovi90 11-30-2017 11:32 PM

Btw. I thought that this was one of the most humble and sincere appearances I've ever seen from Jon.

trevrox 12-01-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1230912)

But that was before the orange pig took over the White House... I wouldn't mind a Bon Jovi song ripping in to that piece of human garbage

Raz0r 12-01-2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1230931)
But that was before the orange pig took over the White House... I wouldn't mind a Bon Jovi song ripping in to that piece of human garbage

I second this. Looking forward to the two new BJ songs "Dump Trump" & "Preach & Impeach".

Becky 12-01-2017 01:15 AM

You know what would be cool? Small venues where they can play songs like Hey God and Dry County to people who actually want to hear them.

I still dream of seeing Bon Jovi at the Ryman in Nashville one day.

DryCounty 12-01-2017 01:33 AM

A good live chat from a relaxed Jon, but somewhat a bumer as I really believed some dates would be released along with it. Can't believe they are still holding on to them.

trevrox 12-01-2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1230934)
I second this. Looking forward to the two new BJ songs "Dump Trump" & "Preach & Impeach".

That would be awesome!! :D

I loved it during the THINFS tour when they had the screens saying "Resist" and "Great Again" during We Don't Run. That was ****ing awesome

Dump Trump would be a great title for an album