Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite unreleased song (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70835)

BJFan2021 08-22-2021 11:14 PM

Favorite unreleased song

What is your favorite unreleased Bon Jovi song?
Edit: what I meant was songs that didn’t make it to the official album list in like These Days, KTF, Crush etc.. I consider songs released in compilation albums and such (B-Sides, Bonus tracks) as unreleased.

Hope this helps :)

I haven’t heard all but as of now my favorites are Edge of a Broken Heart, Real Life and The Fire Inside.

Captain_jovi 08-22-2021 11:42 PM

Sorry to be picky but my answer will depend on this question: define unreleased?

Technically both those are released, do bonus tracks count etc. (I have five or six different answers haha).

Adam D 08-23-2021 12:33 AM

Neurotica and Stay, if they count

Luv Can and I Will Drive You Home are close to those as well.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

GabrielC 08-23-2021 02:20 AM

Stay, if we count b-sides.

Postcards from the Wasteland is a close second, and Luv Can is there too, if we count bonus songs.

SuperBrad 08-23-2021 04:49 AM

Cadillac Man for me ;)

BJFan2021 08-23-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275144)
Sorry to be picky but my answer will depend on this question: define unreleased?

Technically both those are released, do bonus tracks count etc. (I have five or six different answers haha).

Ahah I see. Well what I meant was songs that didn’t make it to the official album list in like These Days, KTF, Crush etc.. I consider songs released in compilation albums and such (B-Sides, Bonus tracks) as unreleased.
Hope this helps :)

james_d 08-23-2021 10:34 AM

Luv Can, I Will Drive you Home, Postcards from the Wasteland are all up there for me.

blazeofglory 08-23-2021 11:18 AM

Miss Fourth Of July, Bitter Wine, These Arms Are Open All Night and These Open Arms are the first ones that come to mind.

Also a huge fan of Lonely, Luv Can and Stay.

Apparently I have a thing for ballads [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 08-23-2021 12:15 PM

Just realized that some of the songs I loved at times like Borderline or River Runs Dry - I haven't listened to quite a few of them in a long time.
Neurotica has always been a favourite of mine, also Postcards From The Wasteland. Never grew tired of those, others I only really liked for a certain period of time before they were to fade again. Walk Like A Man, Borderline, Luv Can and Dirty Little Secret are also some that come to mind.

Faceman 08-23-2021 01:34 PM

I got Cadillac Man on top of my list - miles ahead.
Followed by Miss 4th of July, These Arms Are Open All Night, Neurotica and Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore. With the latter one it's really annoying that we didn't get a proper version with the NJ deluxe edition.

bonjovi90 08-23-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1275155)
I got Cadillac Man on top of my list - miles ahead.
Followed by Miss 4th of July, These Arms Are Open All Night, Neurotica and Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore. With the latter one it's really annoying that we didn't get a proper version with the NJ deluxe edition.

Maybe we'll find that original tape reel at some point as well :mrgreen:

Sami 08-23-2021 02:55 PM

Nothing & Cadillac Man

rolo_tomachi 08-23-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1275158)
Nothing & Cadillac Man

Same choice. Nothing and Cadillac Man are songs that should be on an official release. Legendary songs.

Although I must say that the 2004 box set has a lot of great gems. The Fire Inside, Last Man Standing, Taking it Back, The Radio, Last Change Train, Satellite, River Runs Dry, Letter to a Friend, Gotta Have A Reason....

Another personal favorite is Good Guy's Don't Always Wear White. Produced by Andy Johns and mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Sometimes I fantasize what a rock n roll album would have been like with this team of engineers.

Faceman 08-23-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1275158)
Nothing & Cadillac Man

Oh yeah, almost forgot about Nothing. Great song, in my opinion one of those could-have-been-a-hit songs the band didn't notice.

Xavi 08-23-2021 07:18 PM

Firsts to come to my mind are Cadillac Man,Wedding Day,You Cant Lose At Love and Walk Like A Man.

bounce442 08-23-2021 07:42 PM

The These Days and Crush b-sides were so good.

When She Comes, Stay, and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.

Alphavictim 08-23-2021 09:42 PM

The Radio Saved My Life Tonight is my fav.

Runner ups: Edge of a Broken Heart, Dirty Little Secret, Who Would You Die For, Save A Prayer, Game of the Heart, Postcards From The Wastelands...

liljovi93 08-23-2021 09:52 PM

Nothing and Luv Can.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 08-23-2021 10:22 PM

Speaking of unreleased songs.

off topic
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ae...iversal-music/

For the first time, in 2022 all of AEROSMITH's iconic recordings will be unified in one place ahead of the band's upcoming 50th anniversary through a new multifaceted partnership with UMG. In addition to supporting the band's consolidated catalog, this partnership will also make use of unprecedented access to the storied "Vindaloo Vaults" and personal archives of bandmembers Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford, who will actively help curate their collections of music, photos, video footage, artwork, journals, set lists and memorabilia. Future releases will offer fans access to never-before seen and heard gems, that will further cement the band's position as one of rock's most ground-breaking and reverential groups in history.

BonJovi100 08-23-2021 11:26 PM

1.Dirty Little Secret
2.Love Is War
3.Another Reason To Believe
4.Nothing
5. I have some songs on the same level and it's hard to choose - Bordeline, We All Sleep Alone, Open All Night, Tempation, Save A Prayer, Nobodys Hero (alternative outtake), Neurotica...

GabrielC 08-24-2021 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1275168)
1.Dirty Little Secret
2.Love Is War
3.Another Reason To Believe
4.Nothing
5. I have some songs on the same level and it's hard to choose - Bordeline, We All Sleep Alone, Open All Night, Tempation, Save A Prayer, Nobodys Hero (alternative outtake), Neurotica...

there's an alternative outtake?

James_86 08-24-2021 10:05 AM

Fields of Fire

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

rickysambo 08-24-2021 11:26 AM

If we're counting non studio album tracks, any assembly of them will be way more superior than any post 2000 album release. Its quite astounding how stark the disparity is with this band, which I do feel is quite unique. But somehow, therein lies the problem with this entity known as Bon Jovi; the band clicked more often than not but was ruined by various extraneous factors so much so that it couldn't discern between greatness & utter crap.
Anyway, my favorites [in order, kind of]:-

Miss Fourth
Postcards
Radio
Flesh & Bone
Garageland
Fields of Fire
Lonely
Good Guys
Edge of a Broken
Neurotica
Breathe
Sad Song Night
Drive
These arms
Tempation
Save A Prayer
I dont wanna live forever

I'm sure I'm missing some gem but what A grade Bonus tracks. Better than the greatest hits of any major band in the past 30 years.

steel_horse75 08-24-2021 02:40 PM

I consider bonus tracks released tracks as they are on the album just a different disc or tagged on the end.

Borderline
Edge of a broken heart
Love is war
Good guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 08-24-2021 02:42 PM

For me, Good Guys is such a cracker of a rock song! I really wish they would've done some more of those songs in that era.
Just like I had hoped for some more proper country rock as in Put The Boy Back In Cowboy. Yeah, that one's a complete Queen rip-off, but that style could've spiced that album up quite a notch.

Roll 08-24-2021 02:58 PM

With no particular order :

- Nothing
- Walk like a man
- You can't lose at love
- Temptation (it's my life single b-side, not the boxset version)
- Starting all over again (KTF version, not the boxset one)
- River runs dry

blazeofglory 08-24-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1275173)
For me, Good Guys is such a cracker of a rock song! I really wish they would've done some more of those songs in that era.
Just like I had hoped for some more proper country rock as in Put The Boy Back In Cowboy. Yeah, that one's a complete Queen rip-off, but that style could've spiced that album up quite a notch.

I would’ve LOVED to have more songs like Put The Boy Back In Cowboy. That song is so fun, it’s like a country-fied Dirty Little Secret to me.

Jonny Sambora 08-24-2021 10:48 PM

Off the top of my head, no particular order:

Good Guys
Edge of a broken heart
Luv can
I will drive you home
We can dance
Wedding day
Stay
Fields of fire
Save a prayer
Now and forever
Garageland
Cadillac man
Radio
Open all night
Nothing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BonJovi100 08-27-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1275169)
there's an alternative outtake?

https://youtu.be/Muxkdvil-GM
Position #22 :)

GabrielC 08-28-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1275217)

Okay, this one I heard in Yovana's IG back in the day :P but I never found the full version

YOVANAfromPeru 08-28-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1275224)
Okay, this one I heard in Yovana's IG back in the day :P but I never found the full version

I don't know who is Yovana

Savvi 08-28-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1275172)
I consider bonus tracks released tracks as they are on the album just a different disc or tagged on the end.

Borderline
Edge of a broken heart
Love is war
Good guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excluding bonus tracks, this is my list! Though I would 100% add Stay and Radio.

1. Edge of a Broken Heart
2. Good Guys Don't Always Wear White
3. Borderline
4. Stay
5. Love Is War
6. Radio Saved My Life Tonight

Honourable mentions to Temptation, Outlaws of Love, Nothing and

Don_Bossworth 08-29-2021 06:17 AM

Cadillac Man (1990 live demo version)
Forever Mine (1990 demo verison)
Pain Where There Once Was A Heart (1997 studio demo)
Take Me On (On The Line OST)
All That Really Matters (1996 Studio Track Incl. Bon Jovi Band on Background)
Stay (Demo Version)

Captain_jovi 08-29-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275241)

All That Really Matters (1996 Studio Track Incl. Bon Jovi Band on Background)

God DAMN that sounds cool.

Captain_jovi 08-29-2021 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Bossworth (Post 1275241)
Pain Where There Once Was A Heart (1997 studio demo)

If you've you heard the snippet from the new album, does it differ much from the original?

Don_Bossworth 08-29-2021 06:42 AM

As I said I'll have to take a listen on tapes. Still I cannot find anything with that name!!

I have this one in front of me: https://ibb.co/2dvqZW4

Hope it make any sence

Grantos1 09-03-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275167)
Speaking of unreleased songs.

off topic
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ae...iversal-music/

For the first time, in 2022 all of AEROSMITH's iconic recordings will be unified in one place ahead of the band's upcoming 50th anniversary through a new multifaceted partnership with UMG. In addition to supporting the band's consolidated catalog, this partnership will also make use of unprecedented access to the storied "Vindaloo Vaults" and personal archives of bandmembers Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford, who will actively help curate their collections of music, photos, video footage, artwork, journals, set lists and memorabilia. Future releases will offer fans access to never-before seen and heard gems, that will further cement the band's position as one of rock's most ground-breaking and reverential groups in history.

Someone tell JBJ he can rake in even more money if he utilises the huge back catalogue of recordings they have in the vault...could use the profits to buy a vinyard...

Grantos1 09-03-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1275163)
The These Days and Crush b-sides were so good.

When She Comes, Stay, and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.

Shame there's no real need to record 25 tracks for an album anymore, unless you count the songs they put on the end of the deluxe version.

BrandonTab8 04-20-2023 09:28 AM

Miss Fourth of July, Lonely at the Top, Nothing, Dirty Little Secret, Unbreakable