Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 25 HaYarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70609)

prayer_84 07-26-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1257791)
Well well well,
So Israel got 22 songs, just like the first show they did over there in 2015.
The setlist contained BOR and Always, a few songs were in different places. No raise your hands, but BTBMY to follow the opener. And finally 4 songs of THINFS were played ( Thinfs, Rollercoaster, God Bless this mess, We don't Run - OK, WDR was on the bridges album too in a somewhat demo version but I concider is to be a THINFS song)

Pretty cool setlist for those who were there and those who have seen multiple shows this tour.

Based on the vids, Jon made it more or less through the first vers and chorus of always.

So, I guess they will be able to come back to Israel in the future.

The stage though was a bit simplified. Kinda the thing they put in Moscow.
I guess that's all due to logistical limitations and I would cost too much to get their own equipment over there.

That's it for my two cents

Yeah, and Jon apparently was in a good mood, so people left happy and the band may be able to come back to Israel in the future. But the band WILL NOT be able to come back to Bucharest in the future because NO ONE will want to see them after Jon chose to put on a lacklustre performance last Sunday.

faith1985 07-26-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1257789)
Definitely not something I’d do if it were not being built around a trip. And Jay is right, I am going with some close friends and it’s as much as being with them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then it will be worth it no matter what and maybe the performances are alright as well. Fingers crossed for you!

manarosi 07-26-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1257792)
Yeah, and Jon apparently was in a good mood, so people left happy and the band may be able to come back to Israel in the future. But the band WILL NOT be able to come back to Bucharest in the future because NO ONE will want to see them after Jon chose to put on a lacklustre performance last Sunday.

Do you really think jon CHOSE to put on an horrible performance? C'mon guys, it's time to get realistic here, he's not been able anymore to control his voice for a long time now...

prayer_84 07-26-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1257795)
Do you really think jon CHOSE to put on an horrible performance? C'mon guys, it's time to get realistic here, he's not been able anymore to control his voice for a long time now...

I was not referring to his voice but his attitude towards the crowd. The former he cannot control, but the latter is entirely his responsibility and NO ONE else's, and it is quite evident from the last two shows from the tour. He treated the crowd in Israel MUCH BETTER than he treated us in Bucharest. And THAT was HIS choice, not ours.

manarosi 07-26-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1257796)
I was not referring to his voice but his attitude towards the crowd. The former he cannot control, but the latter is entirely his responsibility and NO ONE else's, and it is quite evident from the last two shows from the tour. He treated the crowd in Israel MUCH BETTER than he treated us in Bucharest. And THAT was HIS choice, not ours.

And how can u Say he threated them much better? Because of few (very few) videos on yt or the setlist ( which Is pretty much the same of the beginning of the tour)?

prayer_84 07-26-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manarosi (Post 1257797)
And how can u Say he threated them much better? Because of few (very few) videos on yt or the setlist ( which Is pretty much the same of the beginning of the tour)?

Well, a few things come to mind when it comes to Bucharest and I have stated them in the dedicated thread but here's a brief recap:
- Jon dropped Roses from the set, so he didn't dance with anyone....and a lot of people were disappointed as a result
- same for Lay Your Hands on me as Jon did not go to the crowd during this one, he usually does in 9 out of 10 cases this tour
- he wasn't in the mood to entertain the 50 000 people who had come to see the show, reduced communication to the bare minimum, showing little to no interest

- NOT a single reference whatsoever for the Bucharest show on social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram). The Bon Jovi camp running those profiles is acting as if this show never happened. And that's the first time they have shown such ignorance.

I could go on and on but there's no point in doing so now that the tour's over.

liljovi93 07-26-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1257798)
Well, a few things come to mind when it comes to Bucharest and I have stated them in the dedicated thread but here's a brief recap:
- Jon dropped Roses from the set, so he didn't dance with anyone....and a lot of people were disappointed as a result
- same for Lay Your Hands on me as Jon did not go to the crowd during this one, he usually does in 9 out of 10 cases this tour
- he wasn't in the mood to entertain the 50 000 people who had come to see the show, reduced communication to the bare minimum, showing little to no interest

- NOT a single reference whatsoever for the Bucharest show on social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram). The Bon Jovi camp running those profiles is acting as if this show never happened. And that's the first time they have shown such ignorance.

I could go on and on but there's no point in doing so now that the tour's over.

To be honest, JBJ didn't go into the crowd for LYHOM once during UK shows. I don't know if he did at the start of Europe until the end of UK shows to be honest.

We all have bad days. Jon has been more energetic this tour than he has been in a good few years. Maybe he just had an off day as a frontman?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 07-26-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1257800)
To be honest, JBJ didn't go into the crowd for LYHOM once during UK shows. I don't know if he did at the start of Europe until the end of UK shows to be honest.

We all have bad days. Jon has been more energetic this tour than he has been in a good few years. Maybe he just had an off day as a frontman?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

From reading reviews of other long time diehards, Shari Green (aka BlackVelvet) that were at this show. It does appear Jon was not himself whether the heat, allergies, all the above were playing a part who knows. But, the voice was simply not there and she said he was visibly frustrated because of it. So, while, I know that's not going to make up for the bad show, I think, he did care unlike say Hull where he truly didn't give a shit.

PanosBonJovi 07-26-2019 02:14 PM

JBJ is also a human being with emotions. Obviously, he was pissed with himself as he wasn’t able to deliver what he was paid and willing to do. The man got his pride at stake in front of 50.000 people. Anyone would be in a bad mood if he wasn’t able to perform the way he was willing to. Give the man a break.

For the record Bon Jovi won’t return probably in Romania and he sure ain’t coming back to Greece, so the only country left in Balkans is maybe a second show in Sofia else it’s Serbia

DavetheGodofKeys 07-26-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1257803)
JBJ is also a human being with emotions. Obviously, he was pissed with himself as he wasn’t able to deliver what he was paid and willing to do. The man got his pride at stake in front of 50.000 people. Anyone would be in a bad mood if he wasn’t able to perform the way he was willing to. Give the man a break.

For the record Bon Jovi won’t return probably in Romania and he sure ain’t coming back to Greece, so the only country left in Balkans is maybe a second show in Sofia else it’s Serbia

Maybe Bulgaria? I mean, they did one show here and it ended because of his allergies. I think they should come back once to make up for it at least.