Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rock in Rio 2019 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70501)

JackieBlue 08-07-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1258146)
Since they have already played 54 different songs on the first 5 legs of the tour I take this as the confirmation that we won't get anything different.

They probably counted them and then changed David's script so they wouldn't keep getting called out on the "90-95 songs", most of which were never played. :D

BJFan99 08-22-2019 12:01 PM

Any idea whether there will be a pro-shot live stream this time around or not? I'm already tickling of excitement (and shaking of fear)... :D

EDIT: My 1,100th post - yay!

james_d 08-22-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1258398)
Any idea whether there will be a pro-shot live stream this time around or not? I'm already tickling of excitement (and shaking of fear)... :D

EDIT: My 1,100th post - yay!

I imagine there probably will be, it's a huge festival and BJ are still a big band

jon-flp 08-22-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1258398)
Any idea whether there will be a pro-shot live stream this time around or not?

Yes, 100% sure. Rock in Rio is always broadcast live. The biggest Brazil's TV company owns the rights. They broadcast in their website and TV channels.

rocknation 08-22-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1258400)
Rock in Rio is always broadcast live. The biggest Brazil's TV company owns the rights.

I'll be there -- and here, dudes! It's like being at a concert with several hundred thousand of your best friends, you can drink because you don't have to worry about driving home, nobody's blocking your view, you don't have to buy anything fancy to wear, and there's no line for the bathroom!

YOVANAfromPeru 08-22-2019 11:21 PM

This show always was also in radio/TV in any country. But if you go I thought their burgers were good.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-24-2019 01:27 AM

If I go to this festival no way I’m going to be front row again, and I probably going to take public transportation this time…

TheOriginalJez 08-25-2019 09:40 PM

I'm considering this. I'm already in Nashville from the 11th for Exit 111 (Def Leppard, Skynyrd, Seether, GnR, Anthrax and god knows how much else) but I would have to skip an idol of mine in Randall Munroe who is in London on the 7th. I could justify RiR if it was part of a long Americas holiday but I can't flit back for one day.... hmm we'll see.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-26-2019 05:59 AM

Roberto Medina (brazilian productor) has said Rock in Rio could arrive in Chile for 4 days on October 2021 because its stable economy while no in Argentina ‘cause its political and economic instability, I wouldn’t surprised if Bon Jovi go RiR Chile too, this kind of big events moves the economy and tourists in each country…
Speaking of that I heard Richie Sambora was in the “Sagrada Familia” with private access to the high floor of the building

YOVANAfromPeru 09-29-2019 04:53 AM

Tomorrow is Rock in Rio and televised in channel 442, let’s hope a good show.

JackieBlue 09-29-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258419)
Speaking of that I heard Richie Sambora was in the “Sagrada Familia” with private access to the high floor of the building

I think you've mentioned this before. Is there some special significance that I'm missing?

YOVANAfromPeru 09-29-2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259116)
I think you've mentioned this before. Is there some special significance that I'm missing?

I don’t think so, but I don’t know too much about Richie beliefs either

BJFan99 09-29-2019 11:33 AM

Any links for a possible live stream tonight? Don't know if I'll be able to stay up so late in this time zone, though :D

bonjovi90 09-29-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259120)
Any links for a possible live stream tonight? Don't know if I'll be able to stay up so late in this time zone, though :D

It'll be something like 5am tomorrow morning our time, wouldn't recommend it. I did stay up for the Rock in Rio gig in 2013 and regretted it after like 3 songs.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 09-29-2019 09:45 PM

There’s no excuses to do a good show (I heard it’s going to be a rainy and cold day... lol). There’s always video link of RiR in good quality, so enjoy!

BJFan99 09-29-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1259130)
There’s no excuses to do a good show (I heard it’s going to be a rainy and cold day... lol). There’s always video link of RiR in good quality, so enjoy!

Actually, Jon seems to up his game a bit most times when it rains (e.g. Nijmegen and Dublin night #2 in June), so let's all hope for a good gig :D

JerseyGiant 09-29-2019 11:35 PM

Am I the only one who thought the show 2 years ago or what ever it was, was bloody awful? Rock In Rio broadcast to the world - Terrible night for Jon - Heres to this time - I hope I enjoy this one more!

liljovi93 09-30-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1259136)
Am I the only one who thought the show 2 years ago or what ever it was, was bloody awful? Rock In Rio broadcast to the world - Terrible night for Jon - Heres to this time - I hope I enjoy this one more!

Nope, I really enjoyed it and still watch it now.

Was it the Jon we all know? No. But it was the first time during the tour that JBJ actually began to move around and sounded better.

Keep The Faith with Phil & Jom at the front of the stage and then John Shanks joining at the end was a highlight.

Jon spinning the microphone stand was also cool to see again [emoji23]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

jon-flp 09-30-2019 05:48 AM

Jon is in a very very good mood today. The crowd looks insane too. The final of Born to be my baby was repeated 2x.

His voice is the same, but the energy today is sky high!!

Enviado de meu LG-M250 usando o Tapatalk

Zani 09-30-2019 05:51 AM

Jon has a problem with his right eye ... I noticed in Sao Paulo and now I also see that he blinks a lot.

GabrielC 09-30-2019 05:56 AM

https://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/musica...rio-2019.ghtml

Online broadcast.

jon-flp 09-30-2019 06:03 AM

I don't know if this one is a international link, but the BJ twitter post this one. Just in case.

https://www.livexlive.com/live-event...tival-specific
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1259143)

Zani 09-30-2019 06:06 AM

Setlist

This house
Btbmb
Lh
Bad Name
Rollercoaster
Born to follow
Bob
In these arms (David)
Nice day
Keep the faith
Bed of Roses
Iml
Lay your hands
Wanted
Bad medicine (Everett on 2nd verse)
I'll be there for you
Prayer

Audiable
Saturday night

GabrielC 09-30-2019 06:57 AM

Jon is such a ****ing awesome frontman. He can sell Lay Your Hands on Me with almost no singing and is great. I wish I was there.

liljovi93 09-30-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1259146)
Jon is such a ****ing awesome frontman. He can sell Lay Your Hands on Me with almost no singing and is great. I wish I was there.

Yeah I've just watched some of the stream and he's on fire as a frontman.

Vocally he's really poor. Little voice crack on Bed Of Roses and I couldn't stop cringing when he got that second woman up to dance. The first one was funny but the second was quite creepy.

LYHOM was great.

Savvi 09-30-2019 07:39 AM

Always.

Had to do it after the crowd were singing it during the encore break.

Savvi 09-30-2019 07:43 AM

omg he actually has nothing left for Always.

jon-flp 09-30-2019 07:44 AM

So, show is over. Always replaced IBFY. The best choice, because always is huge, really HUGE here in Brazil. (I think it's bigger than prayer here) The crowd was insane!

Jon was very very energetic! He sold the show. Really. The 2017 one can't get close to this one.

The sad part was when he couldn't do the Always outro. My heart was broken :(

So, a very good show in my opinion. Jon compensated the lack of voice with a lot of energy.

I planned to watch just the first 3 songs. But the show was so good that now it's almost 3am here, I have to wake up at 6am but that's fine. The show was worth it.

GabrielC 09-30-2019 08:01 AM

São Paulo shows are always better, but this year was the inverse. Huge show today, I don't think better than 2017 São Paulo, but better than RiR 2017 for sure. The sad thing is Jon's voice, but that has been repeated around here a million times already. I hope the new album is good and they come back soon here.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 09:13 AM

Jesus Christ, what the f*ck was that Always?

I've never heard Jon sing anything so badly :( glad to see his energy as a frontman again, though...

liljovi93 09-30-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259152)
Jesus Christ, what the f*ck was that Always?

I've never heard Jon sing anything so badly :(

I've definitely heard worse. It certainly wasn't good but I've heard worse.

Phil X was absolutely brilliant on Always.

steel_horse75 09-30-2019 02:21 PM

Glad this tour is finally over.

Nothing special about the set lists, JBJs inconsistency, trying to plug an album 3 years old etc.

Looking forward to next album with a huge pinch of worried its a poor as last 2. Lets hope not.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259156)
Glad this tour is finally over.

Nothing special about the set lists, JBJs inconsistency, trying to plug an album 3 years old etc.

Looking forward to next album with a huge pinch of worried its a poor as last 2. Lets hope not.

They still have the Lima show coming on October 2.

Btw, I'm 99% sure the next tour is the last one Jon's even slightly capable of doing. He's not getting any younger and his voice is definitely not getting any better (rather the opposite, as it seems to be on another regression since Munich). Within 2-3 years, this band is probably over.

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1259153)
I've definitely heard worse. It certainly wasn't good but I've heard worse.

Phil X was absolutely brilliant on Always.

I agree... He's okay on the verses... but the high notes are just painful... Not an easy song by any means and Jon even struggled back in the 90's with certain notes so I'll give him credit for pulling it out this tour.

I haven't been following this leg but I noticed he asked the crowd to sing the last chorus and didn't do the extended outro (which imo, completes the song). He then went right into Prayer to complete the show (which was probably the last song anyway)...

I'm wondering if that whole thing was international or if he blew a chord.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259157)
Within 2-3 years, this band is probably over.

It makes you wonder.

I still think he should reinvent himself... Do more 1/2 acoustic and 1/2 electric type shows... get better back-up singers. None of these guys harmonize well with Jon.... And give both Dave and Phil and song (Dave ITA and Phil a cover) just to give Jon some rest between songs.

Jon could probably pull off 15 songs without getting hurt.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259158)
I agree... He's okay on the verses... but the high notes are just painful... Not an easy song by any means and Jon even struggled back in the 90's with certain notes so I'll give him credit for pulling it out this tour.

I haven't been following this leg but I noticed he asked the crowd to sing the last chorus and didn't do the extended outro (which imo, completes the song). He then went right into Prayer to complete the show (which was probably the last song anyway)...

I'm wondering if that whole thing was international or if he blew a chord.

He overdid it last night, with all the reprises and extended outros on other songs, a jungle noise on KTF, and - once again - Blood On Blood in the main set.

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259160)
He overdid it last night, with all the reprises and extended outros on other songs, a jungle noise on KTF, and - once again - Blood On Blood in the main set.

Thanks...I'll check out the entire show a little later. The crowd seemed to enjoy it.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259161)
Thanks...I'll check out the entire show a little later. The crowd seemed to enjoy it.

The whole show is on YouTube in (very) poor quality, I'd suggest waiting for a better quality video.

liljovi93 09-30-2019 03:20 PM

That extended outro to BTBMB was brilliant.

jon-flp 09-30-2019 03:26 PM

Blood on Blood was the best for me in the show.