Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 10-16-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1259372)
Aloha !

Besides being truly atrocious, the melody of these verses are stolen from a really famous anthem, I think. Everyone around me knows what I'm talking about yet no one can mention the title.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Light up your life - Spice Girls?

Jack27 10-16-2019 02:38 PM

Can anyone remember the Instagram post by the guy who does the mixing saying that a song would be part of a film/documentary but he didn't know when it would be released? I guess this is that? Jon has said that there's a song on the album about PTSD...so this is bound to be that song also!

liljovi93 10-16-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1259381)
Can anyone remember the Instagram post by the guy who does the mixing saying that a song would be part of a film/documentary but he didn't know when it would be released? I guess this is that? Jon has said that there's a song on the album about PTSD...so this is bound to be that song also!

Yeah, this is the song. November 1st is release date.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-16-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259371)
I could see it not making an album but with all the band pre promo footage, I doubt Jon would call it a JBJ album...

I just think its one of those things... Like how the Stand Up Guy tracks made WAN.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sure but that was delegated to bonus track status. If Jon's going on about how this song is on the album and the powers-that-be submitted it as a Jon solo song, who knows. I don't THINK he'd drop the band name but it'd be a good way to save some face.

JackieBlue 10-16-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259383)
Sure but that was delegated to bonus track status. If Jon's going on about how this song is on the album and the powers-that-be submitted it as a Jon solo song, who knows. I don't THINK he'd drop the band name but it'd be a good way to save some face.

Isn't Jon "the -powers-that-be" now? Wouldn't "UMG (on behalf of Bon Jovi Profit Split)" mean that Jon determines who is credited as the artist?

As you point out, Jon has been quoted as saying that "one song on the album is about PTSD", iirc. I guess this song could be a different song about PTSD; but unless he's just in that groove, that seems a little unlikely to me. Or, idk, maybe working with them on the documentary inspired a second song in the same vein? *shrugs*

Here's another thought: Am I remembering correctly that Blaze was re-recorded by the band for release on Crossroads? If so, maybe he's done the same thing with this song. Maybe he wrote and recorded it himself, specifically for the documentary, but then decided he wanted the band to record the song for the album. Just thinking out loud...

There's one thing I don't get in your post, though, so I'm curious. Why would Jon need to save face; and how would saying it's JBJ vs Bon Jovi help?

Rdkopper 10-16-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259384)
Am I remembering correctly that Blaze was re-recorded by the band for release on Crossroads?

This I never heard...

Back on topic: Not only is the song inspired to be about PTSD but the Chorus says "Unbroken"... Both match up perfectly to Jon's Q&A session. Jon said he wrote a song called Unbroken which is about dealing with PTSD.

I'm going to call this the bonus track on 20/20 for now...

I can't see this being the final mix either... I compared the production to the last song the band released (Walls) to compare sound and mainly vocals, and this track is so much rougher... Unless they are going for a more natural sound so it's not as shocking when Jon performs them live.

JackieBlue 10-16-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259385)
This I never heard...

Yeah, that's why I asked. I thought I remembered reading that somewhere, perhaps as justification for why a Jon solo song was included on a band's greatest hits compilation; but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Supersonic 10-16-2019 05:36 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259373)
Ode to joy (Beethoven's ninth symphony)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Yeah, that's the one! It's the European anthem.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 10-16-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259384)
Isn't Jon "the -powers-that-be" now? Wouldn't "UMG (on behalf of Bon Jovi Profit Split)" mean that Jon determines who is credited as the artist?

As you point out, Jon has been quoted as saying that "one song on the album is about PTSD", iirc. I guess this song could be a different song about PTSD; but unless he's just in that groove, that seems a little unlikely to me. Or, idk, maybe working with them on the documentary inspired a second song in the same vein? *shrugs*

Here's another thought: Am I remembering correctly that Blaze was re-recorded by the band for release on Crossroads? If so, maybe he's done the same thing with this song. Maybe he wrote and recorded it himself, specifically for the documentary, but then decided he wanted the band to record the song for the album. Just thinking out loud...

There's one thing I don't get in your post, though, so I'm curious. Why would Jon need to save face; and how would saying it's JBJ vs Bon Jovi help?

Yup. Because it's coming from Jon's camp what the song is credited under it's a very strange move to do a 180 from the recent years of "We're a band now more than ever" and credit a song from a band album as a solo song. We've seen plenty of the opposite (songs done by the solo band credited as band songs) though.

That was a really weird fake fact from the early 2000s (? I think?) That got debunked. That's 100 percent Jeff Beck playing guitar on the Crossroads version.

To your last point....part of me wonders if Jon has decided to drop the band angle and just fully go forward with calling it as his own name. His big creative partner isn't technically a band member, his other guitarist is a hired hand, Dave and Tico don't write for the band and might not be as involved as they used to be. He could finally be ready to say "this is me, sometimes we all do it all together sometimes not". Could all just be a cockeyed theory but calling a band album song as "by Jon Bon Jovi" after three years of ramming the idea of a band down our throats isn't making as much sense to me.

Rdkopper 10-17-2019 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1259387)
Aloha !

Yeah, that's the one! It's the European anthem.

Salaam Aleikum,

Sebastiaan

I think it's more of this... 16 seconds in.. not exact but a few changes and it's there.

https://youtu.be/zCTJmXrgsFg