Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 10-02-2020 12:01 AM

All I want to do is read some opinions about the songs and every other post is someone asking for a Link to songs that haven't even leaked yet... No one wants to wait anymore. Instant Gratification!!!

Let me give you lurkers some advice. When the two songs do leak, no one is going back through this thread to find you. Until someone's says that they actually have them, let others enjoy conversation about the songs and album instead of flooding it with your greedy requests.

You know what I just did? I drove to Target hoping that they might have put the album out a day early... I'm just as excited to hold the album and look at the artwork. I guess I'm one of the few who can afford to spend 10 bucks on a Bon Jovi album every 3 to 4 years.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Jonty 10-02-2020 12:22 AM

Everyone listening to Jon live?

Rdkopper 10-02-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1268218)
Everyone listening to Jon live?

I cant find it.

Edit: found it

Thinny 10-02-2020 12:27 AM

Stylisticly for some reason to me it feels more like a follow up to Burning Bridges than THINFS. In some ways I feel like THINFS was a backwards step after BB felt like a progression, but this feels like a step back in the right direction...

jovifan85 10-02-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1268221)
I cant find it.

Edit: found it

Here: https://www.facebook.com/radiodotcom...4587417615706/

Rdkopper 10-02-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1268222)
Stylisticly for some reason to me it feels more like a follow up to Burning Bridges than THINFS. In some ways I feel like THINFS was a backwards step after BB felt like a progression, but this feels like a step back in the right direction...

100% Agree!!!

gareththyer1990 10-02-2020 12:37 AM

Jon definitely has a new singing technique, I saw them performing Who Says just now and he went to grab the mic like he’s done for the past few years but thought otherwise

rolo_tomachi 10-02-2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1268213)
Drastic change? In replacing John Shanks not going to happen.
If Richie Sambora, comes back Phil X may be asked to stay perhaps?

Jon's style of music isn't going to change. He's happy with his idea of Bon Jovi, and isn't nostalgic to return to the style of the 80's/90's as his music has evolved and he's evolved. He's not 20 or 30, anymore. I don't expect something like a "You give love a bad name", coming from man approaching his 60's. I'm happy if Jon produces something along the lines of 2020, now on, with something mixed in of the likes of The Circle, HAND, BB, and THINFS, type songs. Some fans expecting the style of music of the 80's or 90's you will be disappointed, as it's not going to happen.

what I mean is that Bon Jovi feels good to get out of his conford zone. I love the album, I like it much more than THINFS and WAN.

This is being one of the most surprising and enjoyable releases of a Jovi album. But if these songs prove anything, it's that Jon can still make a great album.

I am not disappointed, it has pleasantly surprised me and I am enjoying it, but as for an album as a whole, it can still be done better (bring back sambora + Another producer?). Oh, and no one wants to hear Bad Name Part 2, but neither does the ninth optimistic clone of Its my Life.

jovifan85 10-02-2020 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1268237)
what I mean is that Bon Jovi feels good to get out of his conford zone. I love the album, I like it much more than THINFS and WAN.

This is being one of the most surprising and enjoyable releases of a Jovi album. But if these songs prove anything, it's that Jon can still make a great album.

Ah, and this is being one of the most surprising and enjoyable releases of a Jovi album. But if these songs prove anything, it's that Jon can still make a great album.

I apologise for misinterpreting you. Glad you like 2020.

Jonty 10-02-2020 12:53 AM

That was rather interesting. Firstly, I love the fact Jon is becoming more relaxed with the social media interviews, he was in good form during the interview. The songs, well nothing new from the new songs other than how it all looked a bit awkward which I think is was the recording......Jon not moving looks a bit robotic, Phil looked a bit bored at times but Tico and Everett were having fun. His singing technique seems a bit different....the whole album live will hopefully be good and some fun but will be a strange recording setting.