Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

Xavi 04-01-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262822)
Bon Jovi | Live at King Baudouin Stadium | Brussels 2008 - YouTube

Another one of Bon Jovi's "infamous" Belgian shows. The band came from an absolute high after having played Amsterdam the night before where the band and the ecstatic crowd had pushed each other to one of the best post-2000 shows. Either being hungover or taken aback by the rather poor crowd response, Jon went into being quite a moody frontman that night, much like 20 years prior in 1988. Even though Wanted Dead Or Alive didn't get dropped this time around, Jon changed the line to "I've seen a million faces and ONCE rocked them all". If you look up videos of Dry County from the show, you can see Jon yelling to Bobby before the solo as well.

Setlist:
01. Intro [0:00]
02. Lost Highway [0:44]
03. Born To Be My Baby [4:49]
04. You Give Love A Bad Name [10:37]
05. Raise Your Hands [14:19]
06. One Wild Night [19:46]
07. I'll sleep When I'm Dead [24:11]
~ Rockin' All Over The World [28:36]
~ Start Me Up [31:30]
08. Story Of My Life [35:07]
09. Any Other Day [39:20]
10. In These Arms [45:53]
11. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars [51:53]
12. Have A Nice Day [57:44]
13. It's My Life [1:01:55]
14. Keep The Faith [1:05:42]
15. Blaze Of Glory [1:12:37]
16. Blood On Blood [1:18:28]
17. I'll Be There For You (Richie Sambora on lead vocals) [1:24:48]
18. Dry County [1:33:16]
19. Last Man Standing [1:43:33]
20. Who Says You Can't Go Home [1:48:47]
21. Livin' On A Prayer [1:54:38]

Encore:
22. Living In Sin [2:02:30]
~ Chapel Of Love [2:07:49]
23. Wanted Dead Or Alive [2:08:37]
24. Bad Medicine [2:14:18]
~ Shout [2:18:57]

The last time they played One Wild Night live
https://youtu.be/nocNAULtZT0

Xavi 04-01-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262854)
Are there any Twickenham videos about? I was at the first night and it seemed OK to me. Not their best but By no means their worst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was at both Twickenham shows and they werent good shows for me.

Supersonic 04-01-2020 02:34 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262854)
Are there any Twickenham videos about? I was at the first night and it seemed OK to me. Not their best but By no means their worst.

From the moment Jon went on stage I knew he wasn't up for it. Completely went through the motions and just couldn't be arsed. Dry County was pretty much spot on yet it felt as if the band was playing it "because they had to do a rare song that night" as opposed to enjoying playing something different. The first show was short and the second one just dragged. Jon is very aware these last shows of a tour are supposed to be special but when a show like Leipzig gets a better set than London it's clear priorities were elsewhere. 2 years later, with the release of the When We Were Beautiful documentary a scene showed Jon in the dressroom of Twickenham suffering from a massive migraine he supposedly had over organizing the free show in Central Park. Jon just wasn't enjoying himself and the only time he actually seemed at ease was during the encore of night number 2, seemingly glad it was over.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jon-flp 04-01-2020 03:01 PM

It wasn't Twickenham that got "I believe" for the first time in a long long time??

BJFan99 04-01-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1262861)
It wasn't Twickenham that got "I believe" for the first time in a long long time??

Yes it was, for the first time after Amsterdam 2003. Like Seb said, the show was rather lackluster for the period as a whole, though, especially with the two super lame closers (ILTT and Twist & Shout), as well as Tico promising fans beforehand that they'd play Something To Believe In and Never Say Goodbye at the show, but ended up not playing either.

steel_horse75 04-01-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1262860)
Aloha !

From the moment Jon went on stage I knew he wasn't up for it. Completely went through the motions and just couldn't be arsed. Dry County was pretty much spot on yet it felt as if the band was playing it "because they had to do a rare song that night" as opposed to enjoying playing something different. The first show was short and the second one just dragged. Jon is very aware these last shows of a tour are supposed to be special but when a show like Leipzig gets a better set than London it's clear priorities were elsewhere. 2 years later, with the release of the When We Were Beautiful documentary a scene showed Jon in the dressroom of Twickenham suffering from a massive migraine he supposedly had over organizing the free show in Central Park. Jon just wasn't enjoying himself and the only time he actually seemed at ease was during the encore of night number 2, seemingly glad it was over.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I mustve had many beers as I didnt notice. I remember Dry County being excellent and Always being good to.

bonjovi90 04-01-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1262862)
Yes it was, for the first time after Amsterdam 2003. Like Seb said, the show was rather lackluster for the period as a whole, though, especially with the two super lame closers (ILTT and Twist & Shout), as well as Tico promising fans beforehand that they'd play Something To Believe In and Never Say Goodbye at the show, but ended up not playing either.

Yep. I Believe actually was the least of surprises on that European tour because every one kind of knew it would be coming since Jon was "obliged" to do one out of the norm at the final concert. I think I've listened to both nights once and never gone back. Yes, they were sounding good, but it was phoned it, as Seb said.
Somehow Bon Jovi never got it right when finishing the tour in the UK (after 2000). The only really great endings to a leg were in 2001 in Munich and 2011 in Lisbon.

Johny 04-01-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262869)
2011 in Lisbon.

Which was, unfortunately, an end to Bon Jovi we loved.

BJFan99 04-01-2020 09:26 PM

Regardless of Jon's vocals having been very strained for the period, I've always loved the closing night of the HAND tour (which, btw, was also the last time BJ played the old Giants Stadium) - great energy and set list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNuk...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Jonny Sambora 04-01-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1262875)
Regardless of Jon's vocals having been very strained for the period, I've always loved the closing night of the HAND tour (which, btw, was also the last time BJ played the old Giants Stadium) - great energy and set list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNuk...&frags=pl%2Cwn

my wife and I travelled from Ireland to see this show. Yeah they was knackered but it was a great show with, of course, the only live performance of I Am!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk