Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official December 1 Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, Australia Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70458)

rokenrola 12-01-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1248422)
spot on, I only catch one Maiden show per tour and that is always enough, it's the energy that is lacking in the Bon Jovi show as much as the setlist.

Well man,this is apple and orange,Maiden are always like fire,hard rock-metal style,can be compared with BJ but we will see when Europe be on menu.

rokenrola 12-01-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1248425)
It's a problem because in every interview with any band member they brag that have have 70-90 songs rehearsed and that they change it up every show.

They change at least one per show,they think that is enough,at least for them.

bj4ever 12-01-2018 04:19 PM

Pretty much like every show I have checked,
I just scrolled through the most recent posts on twitter and all the comments are positive and every one had a blast. Are these people casuals? Probably, but it still says alot considering I read here first, was expecting a shit storm on twitter and didn't find a negative comment. Again, there are probably some on there, but I just read the most recent onces from the last 20 minutes.

I also think the beginning of the setlist is dull and it definitely is time to retire the WLOL and LH duo. Even having one slot with one song rotating in each night would be an improvement at this point. Even better, play something unplanned from a banner (I know this is not likely).

Setlist aside, I do wish he moved around more. He was much better in this aspect in the Spring.

edit: went back and saw 1 person saying the sound was bad and another (from here maybe) saying the set lists no longer change, and many more positives.

rokenrola 12-01-2018 04:39 PM

1. This House Is Not for Sale
2. That's what the water made me
3. You Give Love a Bad Name
4. Lost highway
5. I die for you
6. Thorn in my side
7. Born again tommorow
8. Everyday
9. Born to Be My Baby
10. It's My Life
11: Living with the ghost
12: We Don't Run
13: Loves the only rule
14: Bed of Roses
15: Lay Your Hands on Me
16: Last man standing
17: Bad Medicine
------------------------------------
18. Blood on Blood
19. This aint a love song
20: Always
21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Livin' On A Prayer
23. Keep the faith
Something like this ;);););)

Rdkopper 12-01-2018 04:47 PM

Here is my take on the set-list - Strictly talking the songs themselves, not how Jon sings them or how they are performed.

I don't mind the THINFS songs as much. I like the 1 - 2 This House / Knockout combo to kick off the show. They are quick songs and combine well together. I like the fact that they go into a hit song right after with Bad Name. Unfortunately, that's where it all ends.

To start with 2 new songs and then go into 4 non hits from post 2K albums is just pure painful overkill. I actually don't mind Roller Coaster in the set but it just needs to be relocated to go between two real hits. Removed God Bless entirely and insert it there. I'll even say the same about WDR being in there because it was a BB fan favorite.

Jon fixates on playing these non hit post 2k songs for no other reason besides them being easy to sing. Whole Lot of Leavin', Lost Highway, We Weren't Born to Follow, God Bless all need to go... especially in a 21 song set list. There are so many other songs (hit or fan favorites) and even full albums that are being ignored.

Sleep needs to be retired and Jon should replace it with a new fan favorite. Maybe Loves The Only Rule?

Bring in Everyday. Jon can do that. I can see Phil killing a song like The Distance. The list is endless.

Bottom line. Guys like Springsteen play and get away with a lot of rarities because they are playing 4 hour, 35 song sets. If Jon was doing that, sure play all the Lost Highway songs you want until you're blue in the face... But it's not fair to fans in a 2 hour, 21 song set.

Jon should read this and get it together!!!

Thierry 12-01-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1248430)
Here is my take on the set-list - Strictly talking the songs themselves, not how Jon sings them or how they are performed.

I don't mind the THINFS songs as much. I like the 1 - 2 This House / Knockout combo to kick off the show. They are quick songs and combine well together. I like the fact that they go into a hit song right after with Bad Name. Unfortunately, that's where it all ends.

To start with 2 new songs and then go into 4 non hits from post 2K albums is just pure painful overkill. I actually don't mind Roller Coaster in the set but it just needs to be relocated to go between two real hits. Removed God Bless entirely and insert it there. I'll even say the same about WDR being in there because it was a BB fan favorite.

Jon fixates on playing these non hit post 2k songs for no other reason besides them being easy to sing. Whole Lot of Leavin', Lost Highway, We Weren't Born to Follow, God Bless all need to go... especially in a 21 song set list. There are so many other songs (hit or fan favorites) and even full albums that are being ignored.

Sleep needs to be retired and Jon should replace it with a new fan favorite. Maybe Loves The Only Rule?

Bring in Everyday. Jon can do that. I can see Phil killing a song like The Distance. The list is endless.

Bottom line. Guys like Springsteen play and get away with a lot of rarities because they are playing 4 hour, 35 song sets. If Jon was doing that, sure play all the Lost Highway songs you want until you're blue in the face... But it's not fair to fans in a 2 hour, 21 song set.

Jon should read this and get it together!!!

You are making sense here. Although it doesn’t matter which songs they play Jon doesn’t deliver and neither do the guitar players. Listen to I’ll be there for you from this show, it’s a train wreck.

This will be the last tour I visit some shows. It’s too expensive.

richiefan95 12-01-2018 05:07 PM

I am sure Jon will never play the Distance.
He doesn't like to perform songs where Richie had major input. Therefore he will never perform The Distance, Stick to your guns .......

angelsambo 12-01-2018 05:14 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtVsIaTW0AADaB9.jpg

Captain_jovi 12-01-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1248432)
I am sure Jon will never play the Distance.
He doesn't like to perform songs where Richie had major input. Therefore he will never perform The Distance, Stick to your guns .......

Sorry, that is a load of hooey.

Eveline 12-01-2018 06:21 PM

wow so many audibles but the setlist is still so lame! hope they will be more creative once in Europe and that IBTFY will be played at every show!