Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Justin Hawkins hits back at Darkness sucks comment! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23278)

Donna 02-25-2004 10:41 AM

Justin Hawkins hits back at Darkness sucks comment!

Found this on the Wildhearts Euro tour diary page.
(They are currently supporting The Darkness in Europe)

"I hear of Jon Bon Jovi having a nasty bite at The Darkness, claiming that he hates the band with a passion.
Justin's reply, is simple but typically classic. "I'm very disappointed to hear that. I wonder what the rest of the cast of Ally McBeal think about it?""

I can see the start of a beautiful friendship developin' here! :lol:

*waits with baited breath for Jon's comment back!

Bon Jovidudes#2 02-25-2004 11:11 AM

Haha!

I don't think I'm alone here when I say that I've listened to Permission To Land a 1000 times more than TLFR! :D

Supersonic 02-25-2004 11:45 AM

Aloha !

Hehehe I hope this will be a Robbie vs. Liam and Noel kinda war.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Donna 02-25-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I hope that they will both meet one night at some showbiz party and get on like a house on fire! :P

|| Panama || 02-25-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

something tells me that its not going to be THAT big. does jon actually care abt the darkness? they are the new boys on the block and well Jovi have a lot of years behind them :roll:

i cant see any of them actually taking this too seriously :?

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 02:00 PM

LMAO im sorry but that is hillarious. It wont be anything big, Maybe afew comments here and there but i think really they both like eachothr, deep down :P Looking forward to jons response :roll: Be hard to beat that one..

Plien 02-25-2004 02:05 PM

Whoohooo RIOT RIOT RIOT......

:cool:

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 02:06 PM

Oh well if it is big will eb abit more publicity for jon :P

Neurotica80 02-25-2004 02:20 PM

I think the Darkness love Bon Jovi really, ok maybe not recent albums. All my friends automatically expect me to like the Darkness cos im a Bon Jovi fan. :?

Christo 02-25-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
All my friends automatically expect me to like the Darkness cos im a Bon Jovi fan. :?

Maybe not, but if they like The Darkness, they should like the classic Jovi albums at least, you think? :wink:

Fredrik 02-25-2004 02:32 PM

I have personally never heard of anything as bad as The Darkness, really terrible....

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik
I have personally never heard of anything as bad as The Darkness, really terrible....

Jon? Is that yoouu? :P

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 02:37 PM

so
Quote:

Jon? Is that yoouu? :P

Neurotica80 02-25-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
All my friends automatically expect me to like the Darkness cos im a Bon Jovi fan. :?

Maybe not, but if they like The Darkness, they should like the classic Jovi albums at least, you think? :wink:

I dunno, loads of people have jumped on the darkness band wagon even those who dont like rock music

berly 02-25-2004 02:43 PM

sorry not a fan the the darkness my self, they remind me a of a one hit wonder kinda band left over from the 80s....sorry.

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 02:47 PM

One hit wonder? Hmmm

I love the 80's its a GOOD thing theya re like an 80's band..

Iceman 02-25-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi

Uh. They're NOT like an 80's band. They'd like to be, they claim to be, but they're nothing like 80's bands.

Ice

Iceman 02-25-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Well said.

Ice

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Bloody hell are you serious? I can tjink of ALOT worse...

faitheveryday1984 02-25-2004 04:46 PM

How are they like an 80s band? I can't seem to hear it, or any resemblence of Bon Jovi's music. They are nothing alike. I really don't get they hype over all of this.

TT-Nick 02-25-2004 05:12 PM

Don't worry, the Darkness will be finished within 2 years.

Jim Bon Jovi 02-25-2004 06:07 PM

if you get the darkness you get them, if you don't you don't it's as simple as that.

put permission to land on yesterday after not hearing it for a while and it sitll sounds really fresh compared to just about eberything it's up against just now.

take away the gimmick and you're still left with great songs.

Mousebounce 02-25-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

One hit wonder? Hmmm

And there is a REASON why many bands from the 80's can't make it today. It was an era, a great one, but been there done that. Time to move on.

Anyway, is Jon going to care what a two-bit, wannabe, Spinal Tap clone in spandex has to say? I doubt it. :D

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 06:48 PM

Well he wos a clone in spandex so he couldnt say much..

Mousebounce 02-25-2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

WAS being the key word in your sentence. :wink:

Iceman 02-25-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Nope, Bon Jovi were not a clone, they were doing what was in at the time. The Darkness however try to copy the style of the late-70's - early 80's bands and Spinal Tap - movie, so they're very much a clone.

Ice

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 07:02 PM

Dont matter he still cant talk.. Its like beating someone up then having a go at someone else for doing it..

Mousebounce 02-25-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Dont matter he still cant talk.. Its like beating someone up then having a go at someone else for doing it..

Jon doesn't have to talk. Just looking at one of Justin's videos speaks volumes all by itself.

JoviForever 02-25-2004 07:44 PM

The Darkness have been having a go at Oasis and Radiohead lately so Jon is just the latest 'victim'.
I'n no lover of either of the afore-mentioned bands, but at least they don't rely on ridiculous outfits and high-pitched 'singing' to get peoples attention.

Bendpulloffhammer 02-25-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

Jon doesn't have to talk. Just looking at one of Justin's videos speaks volumes all by itself.

look at this video...(windows media)
http://mfile.akamai.com/9139/asf/str...eling_w_hi.asx
Does it remember you something ?

Donna 02-25-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever
The Darkness have been having a go at Oasis and Radiohead lately so Jon is just the latest 'victim'.
I'n no lover of either of the afore-mentioned bands, but at least they don't rely on ridiculous outfits and high-pitched 'singing' to get peoples attention.

No, Jon is not their latest victim, Justin was hittin' back at a comment Jon made recently in a UK magazine saying that they suck or somethin' like that. - Justin is a huge fan of 80's rock so he inevitably does like the Bon Jovi of the 80's and even wore a vintage Bon Jovi t-shirt not so long ago.
I am just a bit saddened by the supposed feud buildin', I must admit, especially seein' as Jon is mad right now at the state of the music industry and how bands aren't bein' given a chance to sell millions of albums, and his advise is not to follow fads and fashions but to stay true to yourself and make the kind of music you want to make.
Well, the Darkness are doin' just that right now and so IMHO he should embrace that as a good thing.
Love them or hate them, you can't deny the fact that they are probably the most popular band on the planet right now so they must be doin' something right!

Well that's just my thoughts anyway.

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 11:15 PM

Your right donna they are deffiently doing something right. They are the biggest band right now and have people talking about them left right andf centre. I mean how many times have we had discussions about them on this board! :lol: . Can you imagine if they were reading this or other people who dont get them, They would probably laugh their arses off cos while we write this and argue about it they are selling records and being talked about alll the tyime. Its like with eminem, even if you dont like them people still talka bout them constantly and its giving them the last laugh. IMO i think the jon vs justin is stupid. And if justin wore a BJ t shirt and say they do liek them (in early interviews ect) It is very stupid on his part for now deciding hyde park wos crap or w/e they said to start this shit off. I suprosed jon dont like them actually, Cos liek someone else said they are a breath of fresh air and are doing wot they want not wot everyone else wants. I think they have saved the charts. But its silly for justin to carry on like he dont like them when he clearly does. I hope they just meet one day and sort it out!! (hopefully not with fists :? ) With a nice pint :) (Or wine in jons case :? )

Mousebounce 02-25-2004 11:30 PM

They aren't the biggest band on the planet. They get virtually no airplay over here. Maybe overseas they are huge, but don't speak for the rest of the world. I still have yet to hear their song on the radio.

Mousebounce 02-25-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bendpulloffhammer
Quote:

Quote:

look at this video...(windows media)
http://mfile.akamai.com/9139/asf/str...eling_w_hi.asx
Does it remember you something ?

It reminds me of a time long gone. They should try to be a bit innovative at least.

faitheveryday1984 02-25-2004 11:37 PM

The darkness being the biggest band right now is biased and subjective since it is just an opinion and not fact. So what if a lot of people are talking about them, doesn't make them the biggest or the best. It also doesn't mean everyone or most people like them and listen to them.

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 11:39 PM

Why should they?? Wots wrong with doing somethign that wos done years ago? Things do come back in "fashion" and they are doing wot they want and having fun with it. I dont see anything wrong in that. And they are the biggest band in england ATM. Trust me i know loswestoft verrryy well and people who live around this area are really excited and shocked purley cos they are from here. Noone comes from lowestoft and suddenly become this massive band over night. Its great :D

Santa_Fe 02-25-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

They aren't the biggest band on the planet. They get virtually no airplay over here. Maybe overseas they are huge, but don't speak for the rest of the world. I still have yet to hear their song on the radio.

That's what I was thinking. People should stop globalizing. Planet doesn't equal your country, believe it or not.

I'm not surprised that Jon doesn't like them at all. Jon did not simply said that they sucked. He actually explained why he thought so (they mimic Spinal Tap). Funny how in one sentence he artistically killed them.

So, Jon Bon Jovi doesn't like the darkness. I wonder what Queen guys think about this band :?

BuffaloBJgirl 02-25-2004 11:44 PM

I agree with Mouse. If it weren't for the link earlier in this thread for the song "Love is Only a Feeling" I would never have heard them. I've been surfing the music channels and never came across them.

Personally after listening to the song (cuz the video didn't come through) the music itself sounded good, very reminiscent of the late 70's/early 80's style BUT they need to put a sock in the lead singer's mouth. The boy can't sing! Couldn't understand half of the words and the high-pitch really irritated me. I would rather be put through the torture of listening to the American Idol rejects than listen to him again. But that's my opinion and if I am allowed to openly express my opinion Jon should be allowed too! As for this becoming a huge thing - highly doubt it. It's not that news-worthy!

Mousebounce 02-25-2004 11:45 PM

Quote:

Why should they?? Wots wrong with doing somethign that wos done years ago? Things do come back in "fashion" and they are doing wot they want and having fun with it. I dont see anything wrong in that. And they are the biggest band in england ATM. Trust me i know loswestoft verrryy well and people who live around this area are really excited and shocked purley cos they are from here. Noone comes from lowestoft and suddenly become this massive band over night. Its great :D

Good for them, but they aren't the biggest band in the world. Lets just clear that up right now. :wink:

They are a gimmick. There is nothing innovative about the gimmick they have chosen to market.

jade4jovi 02-25-2004 11:53 PM

Quote:

That's what I was thinking. People should stop globalizing. Planet doesn't equal your country, believe it or not.

Excuse me when did i say my country is the word??

Quote:

BUT they need to put a sock in the lead singer's mouth.
Thats just your opinion... I dont agree... but fair enough..[/quote]

Quote:

but they aren't the biggest band in the world. Lets just clear that up right now
They are the biggest badn in england at the moment!![/quote]