Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What football team do you support? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53609)

Roxannah 11-01-2011 09:14 PM

one of the times i was flying from Barcelona to Lisbon, as Celtic was playing Sporting the day after. this Celtic fan sits next to me and tries to make conversation about football. that would be all fine and dandy if he didn't have the worst accent i've ever came across with. he was trying to tell me about Celtic's past glories and that they had won some Cup in the 60's and that the final had been in Lisbon. i couldn't for the life of me understand the name of the team they had played against. i wasn't going to ask for the 3rd time so i gave up and said "never heard of them". you should've seen the look on his face when i said that. it took me some 15 minutes to realise he was saying Inter Milan :D

Jim Bon Jovi 11-01-2011 09:16 PM

Yeah us Glaswegians weren't blessed with the most refined accent.

faith1985 11-01-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1076328)
Yeah us Glaswegians weren't blessed with the most refined accent.

It's a great accent and you get used to it after a while:D

Roxannah 11-01-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1076331)
It's a great accent and you get used to it after a while:D

i really really struggled. i never said so many consecutive "yeahs" having no idea what the other person was on about :)

people from Glasglow and Birmingham, please communicate with me in writing only ;)

samboraisgodUK 11-02-2011 01:57 AM

Just want to say what a fantastic example Billy Sharp set this evening. Two days after his two day old Son's death and not only does he play, but scores a superb goal.
He then lifted his shirt to show a message "that's for you, son", pretty emotional stuff.

Also, I think the ref deserves credit for having a bit of common sense and not booking him, can you imagine the outrage if he had done?

nickolai 11-02-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxannah (Post 1076333)
i really really struggled. i never said so many consecutive "yeahs" having no idea what the other person was on about :)

people from Glasglow and Birmingham, please communicate with me in writing only ;)

And Liverpool!

nickolai 11-02-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1076341)
Just want to say what a fantastic example Billy Sharp set this evening. Two days after his two day old Son's death and not only does he play, but scores a superb goal.
He then lifted his shirt to show a message "that's for you, son", pretty emotional stuff.

Also, I think the ref deserves credit for having a bit of common sense and not booking him, can you imagine the outrage if he had done?

Yeah that booking rule really really grates on me. One of the most pointless and stupid rules ever. But good on the ref for showing some discretion on this one.

life_of_agony 11-02-2011 12:07 PM

I support the greatest football club in the world...the mighty Port Adelaide Football Club.
We are of course talking about real football, as in Australian Rules Football, aren't we?

samboraisgodUK 11-02-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1076348)
We are of course talking about real football, as in Australian Rules Football, aren't we?

No, we're talking about football.

nickolai 11-02-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1076348)
I support the greatest football club in the world...the mighty Port Adelaide Football Club.

Are we hell! Isn't that a throwback of Gaelic Football? If memory serves me correctly didn't Aussie Rules start from Cricket? I heard that they used to play Gaelic Football when waiting to play cricket and to keep fit - thats why they play on a cricket pitch. Correct me if im wrong