Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What football team do you support? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53609)

life_of_agony 11-03-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1076358)
Are we hell! Isn't that a throwback of Gaelic Football? If memory serves me correctly didn't Aussie Rules start from Cricket? I heard that they used to play Gaelic Football when waiting to play cricket and to keep fit - thats why they play on a cricket pitch. Correct me if im wrong

Don't know about the Gaelic part - however Australia are currently playing Ireland in a hybrid game that they do every year called International Rules which is a mixture of Aussie Rules and Gaelic footy. To be honest...it blows, but it is the only way Aussie Rules players can represent their country I guess. I did hear that it was originally played by cricketers in the off season to keep fit though.

Awesome game, that pretty much no-one outside of Australia knows anything about. It is like my religion during winter.

Check this out - gives an idea of what it is all about:

samboraisgodUK 11-03-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1076390)
Don't know about the Gaelic part - however Australia are currently playing Ireland in a hybrid game that they do every year called International Rules which is a mixture of Aussie Rules and Gaelic footy. To be honest...it blows, but it is the only way Aussie Rules players can represent their country I guess. I did hear that it was originally played by cricketers in the off season to keep fit though.

Awesome game, that pretty much no-one outside of Australia knows anything about. It is like my religion during winter.

Check this out - gives an idea of what it is all about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqymJ...eature=related

it looks ridiculous

life_of_agony 11-03-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1076391)
it looks ridiculous

If "ridiculous" is UK talk for "awesome" then you are correct.

samboraisgodUK 11-03-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1076392)
If "ridiculous" is UK talk for "awesome" then you are correct.

that made me chuckle, well played sir.

Roxannah 11-03-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1076391)
it looks ridiculous

when the alternatives you've got are either Cricket or Rugby, it starts looking pretty good, trust me.

of course St. Kilda is the coolest AFL team.

life_of_agony 11-04-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxannah (Post 1076411)
when the alternatives you've got are either Cricket or Rugby, it starts looking pretty good, trust me.

Noooooo!!!!!!! I think you will find it is most definitely the brilliant Port Adelaide. Did you used to live in Australia?

samboraisgodUK 11-04-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxannah (Post 1076411)

but cricket's fantastic

Roxannah 11-04-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1076455)
but cricket's fantastic

but... but... i thought you were cool :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1076416)
Noooooo!!!!!!! I think you will find it is most definitely the brilliant Port Adelaide. Did you used to live in Australia?

yes i lived there for a few years, i'm an adopted Melburnian. Port who? if i didn't let myself be corrupted into rooting for Hawthorn, that ain't happening for Port Adelaide sorry :)

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 11-14-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1076309)
This season's Celtic implosion has been highly entertaining.

Joe Ledley was in the papers yesterday saying Celtic need to win the last 26 league games on the bounce if they're going to take the league :facepalm:

Let's try winning 2 in a row first Joe :D

I wouldnt say entertaining as much as.....a kick up the hole...but seein as you're a Rangers fan, i'd of course expect you to find it entertaining. Fair enuff.
I've been embarrassed most of the time this season, but not givin up!

And, I dunno, but I'd say Celtic fans have behaved far better than Rangers' finest when playin in Europe.:rolleyes:

Jim Bon Jovi 11-14-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1076660)
And, I dunno, but I'd say Celtic fans have behaved far better than Rangers' finest when playin in Europe.:rolleyes:

From the BBC website this morning:

Last updated at 08:57 GMT, 14/11/11
Celtic discover Uefa hearing date
Celtic will face disciplinary proceedings from Uefa on 8 December over "illicit chanting" during their Europa League tie against Rennes.

;)