Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Alphavictim 02-20-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261815)
Acronym was LIABD and I think we decided it could be "Love Is A Beautiful Drug".

So Phil's fav song is gonna open the record. Might be somewhat cutting edge after all.

efpg0708 02-20-2020 09:51 PM

20/20: The New Album

WOW.

I remember cringing when I first heard Because We Can, but at least the verse’s melody was pleasant.

This song, however, is the worst thing I’ve ever heard from Bon Jovi. The verses are bland, the chorus is a joke, that bridge is horrendous, the guitar work is non existent, the lyrics are abysmal and Jon’s voice is bad. I get a feeling that anyone can come up with lyrics like these in just a few minutes.

Just to make things clear: I’m not being picky for the sole reason of being picky. I love Walls, for instance.

I have no words to express my disbelief in how could they have listened to this and decided that it had it’s place in the new album, let alone as a single. Considering that I hated Unbroken as well, this is not looking good.

I’m in awe. For all the wrong reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 02-20-2020 09:52 PM

I honestly can't imagine this getting any decent radio airplay. At least not on the stations here in Germany that actually used to play Bon Jovi singles quite a lot, including THINFS in 2016.

wichi850262 02-20-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1261797)
On average 35 posts a year since you joined suggests you contribute **** all !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And your repetitive posts contribute how exactly? ;) It's not quantity…

We get it - you don't like any of it. Move on :)

rokenrola 02-20-2020 10:01 PM

I think Limitless will have outro solo in live version like Knockout.

wichi850262 02-20-2020 10:07 PM

I usually don't like the singles as much as other songs on the album, so I still hope there are some "meatier" songs among the over commercial, stuck in a rut songs we've listened to for over a decade.

THINFS was a real step forward from what was offered before. I sincerely hope these two singles don't reflect the rest of the album...

polevka 02-20-2020 10:17 PM

Discussing the cover
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1261803)
And what about the rest of the band ?

Hired guns who help with the campaign (= not as important as on THINFS)?

Just guessing so far. We'll see once the album is out.

rolo_tomachi 02-20-2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1261818)
WOW.

I remember cringing when I first heard Because We Can, but at least the verse’s melody was pleasant.

This song, however, is the worst thing I’ve ever heard from Bon Jovi. The verses are bland, the chorus is a joke, that bridge is horrendous, the guitar work is non existent, the lyrics are abysmal and Jon’s voice is bad. I get a feeling that anyone can come up with lyrics like these in just a few minutes.

Just to make things clear: I’m not being picky for the sole reason of being picky. I love Walls, for instance.

I have no words to express my disbelief in how could they have listened to this and decided that it had it’s place in the new album, let alone as a single. Considering that I hated Unbroken as well, this is not looking good.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/fY4AWE5NkNRhS/source.gif

JoviForever 02-20-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1261818)
WOW.

Because We Can is my least favourite single ever - worse than this one.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-20-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1261791)
Probably coincidence...but did anyone spot the release date 20 02 (2020)

Posts like this scares me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1261809)
Regarding the "cover": if that really is the album cover, I think it says a lot about the state of the band. But that doesn't say nearly as much as the fact that, unless I missed it, neither Phil-X nor David has said word one about the song being released today on Twitter or IG. Something tells me they aren't terribly excited about it.

David is busy with his musical and Phil with his tour, I guess.
P.S. The cover seems official to me, I mean it's also in the BJ shop...

Universal Music: Bon Jovi open the decade just started with their 15th studio album “BON JOVI 2020”. For this, the US rock band has recorded ten new tracks that will be released on May 15, 2020. The record was again co-produced by John Shanks and Jon Bon Jovi and recorded by the entire tour band. In addition to front singer Jon Bon Jovi himself keyboardist David Bryan, drummer Tico Torres, bassist Hugh McDonald, guitarist Phil X, drummer Everett Bradley and guitarist John Shanks.
On the artwork you can see the band leader standing in front of the courthouse in New York City. The American flag is reflected in his sunglasses. The cover image was inspired by a photo of former President of the United States, John F. Kennedy. Just like him, Bon Jovi is deep in thought before addressing a crowd. The content of the album focuses on current events. Bon Jovi explains: “It is an election year in the USA, so the title’ 2020 ′ should be understood ambiguously. The album had to cover various topics, not just politics - but also the state of our world today, life, love and loss. ”
The band clarifies their leitmotif with the first single release “Limitless”. The song is a happy hymn that promotes optimism in an uncertain world. The text calls for use every day as everyone tries to stay afloat. It is also an invitation not to be afraid and to go through the opening doors, because “life is limitless”.

rolo_tomachi 02-20-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1261827)
On the artwork you can see the band leader standing in front of the courthouse in New York City. The American flag is reflected in his sunglasses. The cover image was inspired by a photo of former President of the United States, John F. Kennedy. Just like him, Bon Jovi is deep in thought before addressing a crowd.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/r/GODO/...uardia-Web.jpg

https://fotos.subefotos.com/304a2f53...2739d8f7do.jpg

YOVANAfromPeru 02-20-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261831)

HELLO Richie!!
>_< jajajaja

Xavi 02-20-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1261827)
The band clarifies their leitmotif with the first single release “Limitless”. The song is a happy hymn that promotes optimism in an uncertain world. The text calls for use every day as everyone tries to stay afloat. It is also an invitation not to be afraid and to go through the opening doors, because “life is limitless”.

Rolo,you can read it here.
First single.

rolo_tomachi 02-20-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1261834)
Rolo,you can read it here.
First single.

Okey makey.

The album will be released on May 15, so they will release a song for each month. I hope the next one is something great, I guess it will happen in mid or late March.

angelsambo 02-21-2020 01:12 AM

hahaha this made my day...it's official jon he has lost his mind

Rdkopper 02-21-2020 02:28 AM

I'm sick of the "he's old now excuse".

Nothing about that song screams old. The real problem is, it's Jon's voice on someone else's work. It's not Bon Jovi or even Jon Bon Jovi.

Jon thinks that Shanks has the Bon Jovi formula considering he's been the 6th member for 15 years now... The success of HAND is why he's still around. He got comfortable with him way to quick.

I honestly don't think he even needs Shanks for his vocals... other producers can use the same studio tricks and could probably make them sound even better.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

angelsambo 02-21-2020 03:49 AM

Shanks out of Bon Jovi

https://www.change.org/p/bon-jovi-fa...ut-of-bon-jovi

Captain_jovi 02-21-2020 04:34 AM

Anyone who thinks this will do anything, give your head a shake.

"Nowadays, Shanks is not only producing the album's, but also writing songs for them" prove it. That's a weird base-less claim to make. These lyrics sound like Jon and co phoning it right it in. It boggles my mind why Shanks is the problem here. Jon wants it this way, go after him, not the guy he hired. Shanks is fighting for rockier guitar solos, Jon is not.

GabrielC 02-21-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261793)
Well, well, well. Quiet, this is what it is.

The instrumental had things that I liked and was covered by the voice, and since there is no guitar solo, I have made some adjustments with both tracks and I have create an extended version using the riff and the guitars so that it fits like a guitar solo. At least it looks more like a rock song.

Limitless (extended)
Bon Jovi Limitless Extended - YouTube

It would be interesting for someone who knows how to make good guitar solos, record one on this track, as that boy did with "We Weren't Born to Follow", or even better, we send the song to Richie or Phil for do the guitar solo.

Your version is better than the official song. Thank you, Rolo!

Xavi 02-21-2020 09:56 AM

We can blame Shanks for his production and his cowriting but dont forget,that after all,
it is Jon the one who wants Shanks to do those things and the one who hire him to do those things.

jovifan93 02-21-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1261857)

Pathetic, get a life! Shanks is not the problem, Jon is (if you perceive it as a problem, which some of us do, but Jon surely doesn't).

angelsambo 02-21-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1261867)
Pathetic, get a life! Shanks is not the problem, Jon is (if you perceive it as a problem, which some of us do, but Jon surely doesn't).

it's not my petition,i just found it interesting maybe you should get a life

captaincrash0815 02-21-2020 11:02 AM

Many complain that since the John Shanks produced the albums, the band is going downhill. I don't think Shanks is to blame for that alone. Jon is the boss and determines how the song should end up. HAND, Lost Highway and The Circle were all great albums and had powerful guitar and drum sounds, which I've just missed recently and very much with Limitless. I have the feeling that Jon is just not the passionate rock musician he used to be, he is very politically and socially committed, which is perfectly okay, but if the passion for music suffers and such 0815 pop hits appear, he should decide for one thing.

Maybe they will also revise the song and at least add a guitar solo, which is what they did after WWBTF.

fanofrem 02-21-2020 11:02 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3dd8b98b6e.jpg
This photo should have been the artwork

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1261859)
Your version is better than the official song. Thank you, Rolo!

You are welcome. youtube has blocked it.

Edit: Limitless Extended up again.
:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1261870)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3dd8b98b6e.jpg
This photo should have been the artwork

No. I think the album with Jon on the cover is more representative. Besides that photo is also horrible.

jovifan93 02-21-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1261868)
it's not my petition,i just found it interesting maybe you should get a life

Sorry, I just meant that the petition is pathetic, because it's a lost cause. And I just assumed it was yours, my fault...

MrNickel 02-21-2020 12:59 PM

I actually enjoyed most of 'This House Is Not For Sale' but 'Limitless' is just so underwhelming. How they can choose crap like this as a single but neglect songs like 'Born Again Tomorrow' and 'I'm With You' is astounding.

They'd be better to do another country themed album or if Jon had some balls, he'd try at least one proper heavy song.

semigoodlooking 02-21-2020 01:20 PM

Can someone who knows a lot about production and in-studio craft answer a question?

Is it possible for Bon Jovi to produce the heavier record most of us want considering Jon's voice, or is what we are getting the limit to what can be achieved?

Let's ignore he has no desire to write that kind of music and would never be able to do it live.

There's no excuse for the shitty songs but are we getting the best studio Bon Jovi possible?

jovifan93 02-21-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1261880)
Can someone who knows a lot about production and in-studio craft answer a question?

Is it possible for Bon Jovi to produce the heavier record most of us want considering Jon's voice, or is what we are getting the limit to what can be achieved?

Let's ignore he has no desire to write that kind of music and would never be able to do it live.

There's no excuse for the shitty songs but are we getting the best studio Bon Jovi possible?

Considering vocals, if that's what you are asking, probably yes, especially when trying to go heavier, as they are again using noticeable trickery (like on THINFS at least, probably WAN, too), i.e. distorting Jon's voice to make it sound like rasp, which sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I think he could write more interesting songs that fit his natural tone, but I don't think something heavier/more aggressive is possible, no.

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1261881)
Considering vocals, if that's what you are asking, probably yes, especially when trying to go heavier, as they are again using noticeable trickery (like on THINFS at least, probably WAN, too), i.e. distorting Jon's voice to make it sound like rasp, which sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I think he could write more interesting songs that fit his natural tone, but I don't think something heavier/more aggressive is possible, no.

I agree, We Dont Run was a good try, just add more guitars in the mix. There are no excuses for not wanting to add distorted guitars and make a rock n roll theme. Simply Jon is obsessed with successful pop artists. The voice will continue to sound manipulated for either a country, pop or rock song. Just Jon chooses pop because he wants... and it's a shame.

united17 02-21-2020 03:03 PM

kick Jon out of Bon Jovi and make Tico lead singer.

i kid. it sucks how lazy the rhyming is, the chorus and bridge are awful.

thesedays2014 02-21-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1261885)
kick Jon out of Bon Jovi and make Tico lead singer.

i kid. it sucks how lazy the rhyming is, the chorus and bridge are awful.

Yeahhhh

One thing...please remember that Jon did try and change things with his acoustic stuff on WAN/Stand up Guy, but everyone (but me it seems) preferred the shite he has repeated for the 100th time...so fans are to blame too

semigoodlooking 02-21-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1261887)
Yeahhhh

One thing...please remember that Jon did try and change things with his acoustic stuff on WAN/Stand up Guy, but everyone (but me it seems) preferred the shite he has repeated for the 100th time...so fans are to blame too

This is what I said before, Jon seems caught between two places. He has no conviction for the type of music he is releasing but does not want to become a forgotten artist who is no longer in the big leagues. If he took that WAN/Stand up Guys route that's where he would be. It's par for the course I suppose because Bon Jovi and artisitic integrity have never really done hand in hand.

rolo_tomachi 02-21-2020 03:54 PM

From JBJ instagaram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8zMwMZlEXm/

Who is Harry?

Jack27 02-21-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261891)
From JBJ instagaram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8zMwMZlEXm/

Who is Harry?

Prince Harry

bonjovi90 02-21-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1261887)
Yeahhhh

I know you're bitter about that, but fans can't really be blamed for the fact that Jon hasn't had the balls to really try something different in close to 2 decades.
He touted that he pursued a solo album or a film project in the early stages, yet he never went through with it because he needed the band's vehicle to make loads of money out of the BWC tour for his football team.
Has he ever really tested the waters with these songs? No. None of them had been a single and the general audience didn't know about these songs in the first place. The fans on FB etc. loved it, just like they simply love everything as long as it comes from Jon. And some here found it boring, but one has to be really delusional to think Jon takes advices from this board.

Rdkopper 02-21-2020 05:32 PM

2 songs in 8 to go. Still too early to make the call but can this album turn WAN into the last great masterpiece from the band.

The fans most hated album might actually actually come up in rank

phoenixy 02-21-2020 06:10 PM

The clip is out: Which I love, though I can't say the same about the song...

The creation of Limitless chorus:
Jon: Hey, I've got an idea: "My voice is limitless, limitless, limitless, limitless..."
Shanks: Awhhh, I love it!
David: Seriously? **** you guys, I'm out!
Shanks: Alright, alright, we'll figure out something... (that it fits everyone...)

Jon to Shanks: I don't get it, what's wrong about that lyrics. It's true everybody knows...

Xavi 02-21-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1261895)
2 songs in 8 to go. Still too early to make the call but can this album turn WAN into the last great masterpiece from the band.

The fans most hated album might actually actually come up in rank

At this moment,WAN is like a New Jersey album compare to this 2 songs.

steel_horse75 02-21-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1261899)
The clip is out: Which I love, though I can't say the same about the song...

The creation of Limitless chorus:
Jon: Hey, I've got an idea: "My voice is limitless, limitless, limitless, limitless..."
Shanks: Awhhh, I love it!
David: Seriously? **** you guys, I'm out!
Shanks: Alright, alright, we'll figure out something... (that it fits everyone...)

Jon to Shanks: I don't get it, what's wrong about that lyrics. It's true everybody knows...

Not a bad video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk