Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69858)

Walleris 02-14-2017 07:42 PM

There should be a portion of ballads regardless of whether the show is on Valentine's day or not god damn it!! [mini-rant over]

symbeline 02-14-2017 08:36 PM

Is Diamond Ring too much of a rarity for the American audience?

Also, it could be a perfect day to debut Labor Of Love

symbeline 02-14-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1218298)
There should be a portion of ballads regardless of whether the show is on Valentine's day or not god damn it!! [mini-rant over]

Of course. Let's see

Intro: a few upbeat songs

First section, Jon's all-star jukebox: LH, Follow, Working Men, BWC

A few hits (because casual fans)

Ballad section: 4 acoustic and/or slowed down ballads

New album section

Bad Medicine + KTF

Encore

Hell of a show! Twitter would be on fire

:D :D

Edit: IF there's a few ballads, I bet there will be less THINFS songs. Jon may have questionable taste when it comes to choose balanced setlists, but even he is not THAT blind

Captain_jovi 02-14-2017 09:32 PM

The 4 ballads in a row we got on the HAND tour was a major downer and I think I saw 5 shows on that leg. It snoozed the crowd hard, and they were hit songs.

DryCounty 02-14-2017 09:38 PM

I have never really got why Jon always wants to palce all ballads in a row during the latest tours, well not this one. Why not place them between a 7-8 songs interval so the tempo never really drops to deep. The same goes for playing 4 new songs in a row, it's doomed to fail

Javier 02-14-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1218302)
The 4 ballads in a row we got on the HAND tour was a major downer and I think I saw 5 shows on that leg. It snoozed the crowd hard, and they were hit songs.

Were they the TLFR section of ballads they were doing at that time? That could put a downer on any arena show....

Captain_jovi 02-14-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1218305)
Were they the TLFR section of ballads they were doing at that time? That could put a downer on any arena show....

Fair point. They were. With I'll be There For You's midi sounding french horn solo *Shudders*

Bounce7800 02-14-2017 10:38 PM

They hit the sweet spot on the circle tour with 2 or 3 max in a row, big hitters at that with IBT4U and BOR.

There's an appetite for the ballads, they have a lot of great ones, just not all in a row. The same with new songs, energetic songs. There's so much variety of material, it's just the case of spacing it correctly- those 2010/11 shows got it pretty much spot on.

symbeline 02-14-2017 11:02 PM

They could do Love's The Only Rule, not a ballad per se but a love song and has been played quite a few times. It seems to be a (casual) fan favorite

I agree they should spread the ballads throughout the show, specially if they do TLFR versions. This time there's no catwalk thing so no need to do a few acoustic songs in a row.

symbeline 02-14-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1218310)
They hit the sweet spot on the circle tour with 2 or 3 max in a row, big hitters at that with IBT4U and BOR.

There's an appetite for the ballads, they have a lot of great ones, just not all in a row. The same with new songs, energetic songs. There's so much variety of material, it's just the case of spacing it correctly- those 2010/11 shows got it pretty much spot on.

The 2008 tour gets all the credit but (unpopular opinion) most shows were bordering on just OK. I feel 2010/11 was way more fun, I don't know if it was the song selection, the rarities or the attitude, I enjoyed watching full bootlegs much more.

This tour has the potential to be *good* when they start mixing things up