Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69858)

DryCounty 02-14-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1218314)
The 2008 tour gets all the credit but (unpopular opinion) most shows were bordering on just OK. I feel 2010/11 was way more fun, I don't know if it was the song selection, the rarities or the attitude, I enjoyed watching full bootlegs much more.

This tour has the potential to be *good* when they start mixing things up

I really don't know how good the North American leg was 2008, but the European 2008 leg blew pretty much everything they've done in the 2000s, maybe with 2000-01 being better. I will admit though that the 2010/11 is a close second, there were some monster shows on that tour as well.

CLEYoungGun21 02-14-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1218314)

This tour has the potential to be *good* when they start mixing things up

And if Jon gets his voice somewhat back

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1218317)
I really don't know how good the North American leg was 2008, but the European 2008 leg blew pretty much everything they've done in the 2000s, maybe with 2000-01 being better. I will admit though that the 2010/11 is a close second, there were some monster shows on that tour as well.

I was talking about the European Leg. Not denying 2008 was very good vocally wise. I enjoyed my show immensely. But to me it was a "highlights" tour. There's a compilation done by a someone here (I think) that sums up how I felt about the tour: some very brilliant moments but it lacked a certain magic factor when you watched whole shows. I tend to skip to the best bits when I watch a bootleg from that era. The only exception would be Frankfurt, but every tour has *that* night so I go by how I feel about the whole tour.

2011 had something else (better rarities to begin with), some electricity that was missing in 2008. But it could be that the bootlegs are better lol. The band seemed tighter, I remember thinking in 2008 that Jon & Richie didn't interact so much, or maybe they did but the vibe was off. It boils down to personal taste anyway

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEYoungGun21 (Post 1218318)
And if Jon gets his voice somewhat back

I'd settle for a Jon that moves, interacts and sells the performances. His voice is not coming back, but I'm sure there will be flashes of brilliance. He just needs to work on his charisma on the stage which is alarmingly poor nowadays

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:16 AM

So... predictions?

I say I'll Be There For You, Bed Of Roses TLFR and Real Love since it's been hinted by band members. Maybe Always on the encore if Jon is feeling brave

Manbou 02-15-2017 12:20 AM

Does anybody know for sure when the last time was a TLFR Version was played? I think on the HAND Tour?
It's just that i at the Moment don't See jon going "back" to the TLFR versions. In the more recent past, no matter how Bad his voice was, he went for the original Version.
And I think If jon sang ill be there for You, bed of roses and always in One Show, there will be rather little left of him for the next One(s)... :/

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1218323)
Does anybody know for sure when the last time was a TLFR Version was played? I think on the HAND Tour?
It's just that i at the Moment don't See jon going "back" to the TLFR versions. In the more recent past, no matter how Bad his voice was, he went for the original Version.
And I think If jon sang ill be there for You, bed of roses and always in One Show, there will be rather little left of him for the next One(s)... :/

I think American leg of the LH tour until Always made a comeback and BOR was back to electric. I'm sure somebody here can tell you the exact info

efpg0708 02-15-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1218323)

Up until the Abu Dhabi concert in 2008, Bed of Roses was played in the TLFR version during the Lost Highway Tour.

Manbou 02-15-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1218325)
I think American leg of the LH tour until Always made a comeback and BOR was back to electric. I'm sure somebody here can tell you the exact info

Thanks, but It's not so important really :)
I just wanted to point out that i think it's not very likely for jon to Go for the TLFR versions, imo.

Manbou 02-15-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1218326)
Up until the Abu Dhabi concert in 2008, Bed of Roses was played in the TLFR version during the Lost Highway Tour.

Thank you.

I still don't think we will hear it today... There question is what the Main reason was for playing the TLFR versions. Jon just liking them, playing them to promote TLFR or because of him acknoledging his vocal limitations until then? If the latter One is the Main point...
I don't know. I reckon jon is Kind of a perfectionist, and I still don't See him doing this anytime soon.