Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69858)

efpg0708 02-15-2017 12:28 AM

He could do tuned down acoustic versions of some ballads, and have the crowd join in. He did this with In These Arms and I'd die for you (not a ballad though) on the 1996 tour.

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1218327)
Thanks, but It's not so important really :)
I just wanted to point out that i think it's not very likely for jon to Go for the TLFR versions, imo.

Oh, but I'm sure somebody will have that exact moment written down. Just kidding, it was a big deal if I can remember it.

But I agree, it wouldn't make sense to go back to TLFR Always. He knows how much fans hated the TLFR songs (it was mentioned at least in one HAND show if I remember correctly). Maybe he'll try to sneak BOR to see how the audience reacts though, it could be a lifesaver for his voice

Edit: That was fast hehe. I posted and edited while others were posting but same point, highly improbable there'll be TLFR songs but they can't stop playing the hit ballads. So a bit of a dilemma for Jon

DryCounty 02-15-2017 12:37 AM

I think everything about TLFR are dead and burried. I could see him doing the original version of Bed of Roses while still play out the vocal a little different. Maybe avoiding the high parts "on a bed of nails".

To be honest Bed of Roses aren't that high if he can alternate that line. I'd say that both Bad Name, It's My Life, Prayer, Wanted, Saturday Night, Keep the Faith, Bad Medicine and so on are more demanding vocally than Bed of Roses. It's not like Always, These Days, TAALS, STBI etc. that would give any singer a hard time.

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1218331)
I think everything about TLFR are dead and burried. I could see him doing the original version of Bed of Roses while still play out the vocal a little different. Maybe avoiding the high parts "on a bed of nails".

To be honest Bed of Roses aren't that high if he can alternate that line. I'd say that both Bad Name, It's My Life, Prayer, Wanted, Saturday Night, Keep the Faith, Bad Medicine and so on are more demanding vocally than Bed of Roses. It's not like Always, These Days, TAALS, STBI etc. that would give any singer a hard time.

You can't sing a ballad plodding through the song. Specially power ballads. They need passion and Jon lacks the voice to do it right now, it's not a matter of dodging the notes. That's what made Always from the first show so good, he just did it. Could he do it again? Yeah, probably, but I'm not sure if he could sustain it for more than one song (but I'd love to be proven right)

Captmorgs 02-15-2017 12:46 AM

With so many great ballads, My Funny Valentine does nothing for me and is a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1218333)
With so many great ballads, My Funny Valentine does nothing for me and is a waste.

But but but, don't you get it? My Funny Valentine... Valentine's Day? Better than Always, a stalker song...

:mrgreen:

I wish y'all a very romantic and varied show. My dear bed is looking specially lovely tonight so I have to go

Savvi 02-15-2017 12:54 AM

I'm predicting Real Love and Always.

ticooooooooooo 02-15-2017 12:57 AM

Why not allow David or Tico to take vocal duties, like Richie did for years? David has sung In These Arms and Bed of Roses before. As for Tico, tbh I just really want to hear Only In My Dreams so it's purely selfish on my part...

Also really want to hear Nobody's Hero, Bounce and One Wild Night but I fear I'm fighting a losing battle on those ones.

DryCounty 02-15-2017 02:27 AM

1. This House Is Not For Sale

Heather Beaver is sending live
https://www.facebook.com/heather.bea...?hc_ref=SEARCH

DryCounty 02-15-2017 02:31 AM

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout