Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69858)

Savvi 02-14-2017 01:25 PM

Feb 14, 2017 - Amalie Arena, Tampa, USA

Valentine's Day concert! The last time the band played on Valentine's Day, which was in Montreal, they played Make a Memory, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You, back to back. The time before that, which was in Toronto, they played My Funny Valentine, Bed of Roses, Superman Tonight and I'll Be There For You back to back, while playing (the super rare) Thank You For Loving Me as the encore opener.

Here's hoping they play something special/rare tomorrow!

The last time the band played Tampa, they played an extra long set with three encores.

----
EDIT: This Shows Setlist was...

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Born To Be My Baby
5. We Weren't Born To Follow
6. Lost Highway
7. Roller Coaster
8. Work For The Working Man
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Who Says You Can't Go Home
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
16. The Devil's in the Temple
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood on Blood
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Bad Medicine
21. Keep the Faith
-------------------------------
22. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
23. Wanted Dead or Alive
24. Prayer

LarryBJ 02-14-2017 01:57 PM

I expect Always,I 'll be there for You,Bed Of Roses,Real Love (!!)

hackster73 02-14-2017 02:23 PM

Based on how difficult he is finding singing even the easier songs I can't see him throwing in many ballads. Maybe make a memory or I'll be there for you.

Bounce7800 02-14-2017 03:19 PM

No better time to bring out Real love, all the THINFS tracks were more than acceptable at the Palladium, so that along with a classic ballad at least

symbeline 02-14-2017 03:24 PM

Quick somebody buy Jon an oxygen mask to survive tonight! ;)

I don't think he could do more than one ballad at this point. Even if it's only MAM

Real Love was slow and quite dull live, he wouldn't do it any justice specially after the past two shows. I'd go with TLFR BOR or Always with Jon moving around the stage. Makes the ladies (and some gentlemen I'm sure) swoon

DryCounty 02-14-2017 04:01 PM

Have a feeling Real Love will be played tonight in the place of Scars, maybe IBTFY as well as it's easy on the vocals but I don't know where they would throw in a ballad part of the set list.
Always was probably more important for Jon to prove himself on the first night capable of touring again, and I can't see it getting played tonight, considering we can already hear som vocal decline only three shows into the tour.

bjcrazycpa 02-14-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1218280)
Have a feeling Real Love will be played tonight in the place of Scars, maybe IBTFY as well as it's easy on the vocals but I don't know where they would throw in a ballad part of the set list.

Well, according to this interview Tico really likes that song so could
be:

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do...richie/2313091

Captain_jovi 02-14-2017 07:06 PM

That's a cool bit. As far as I know there's no drums on that track, right?

bjcrazycpa 02-14-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1218291)
That's a cool bit. As far as I know there's no drums on that track, right?

Not that I can hear Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DryCounty 02-14-2017 07:26 PM

Looking back at previous Valentine shows there alwyas been a portion of love songs. Let's hope Jon doesn't break the curse today

2013: Make a Memory, Bed of Roses, I'll Be There For You
2011: My Funny Valentine, Bed of Roses, Superman Tonight (acoustic), Thank You For Loving Me
2006: My Funny Valentine, Bed of Roses, I'll Be There For You
2003: My Funny Valentine, Always, I'll Be There For You

Walleris 02-14-2017 07:42 PM

There should be a portion of ballads regardless of whether the show is on Valentine's day or not god damn it!! [mini-rant over]

symbeline 02-14-2017 08:36 PM

Is Diamond Ring too much of a rarity for the American audience?

Also, it could be a perfect day to debut Labor Of Love

symbeline 02-14-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1218298)
There should be a portion of ballads regardless of whether the show is on Valentine's day or not god damn it!! [mini-rant over]

Of course. Let's see

Intro: a few upbeat songs

First section, Jon's all-star jukebox: LH, Follow, Working Men, BWC

A few hits (because casual fans)

Ballad section: 4 acoustic and/or slowed down ballads

New album section

Bad Medicine + KTF

Encore

Hell of a show! Twitter would be on fire

:D :D

Edit: IF there's a few ballads, I bet there will be less THINFS songs. Jon may have questionable taste when it comes to choose balanced setlists, but even he is not THAT blind

Captain_jovi 02-14-2017 09:32 PM

The 4 ballads in a row we got on the HAND tour was a major downer and I think I saw 5 shows on that leg. It snoozed the crowd hard, and they were hit songs.

DryCounty 02-14-2017 09:38 PM

I have never really got why Jon always wants to palce all ballads in a row during the latest tours, well not this one. Why not place them between a 7-8 songs interval so the tempo never really drops to deep. The same goes for playing 4 new songs in a row, it's doomed to fail

Javier 02-14-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1218302)
The 4 ballads in a row we got on the HAND tour was a major downer and I think I saw 5 shows on that leg. It snoozed the crowd hard, and they were hit songs.

Were they the TLFR section of ballads they were doing at that time? That could put a downer on any arena show....

Captain_jovi 02-14-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1218305)
Were they the TLFR section of ballads they were doing at that time? That could put a downer on any arena show....

Fair point. They were. With I'll be There For You's midi sounding french horn solo *Shudders*

Bounce7800 02-14-2017 10:38 PM

They hit the sweet spot on the circle tour with 2 or 3 max in a row, big hitters at that with IBT4U and BOR.

There's an appetite for the ballads, they have a lot of great ones, just not all in a row. The same with new songs, energetic songs. There's so much variety of material, it's just the case of spacing it correctly- those 2010/11 shows got it pretty much spot on.

symbeline 02-14-2017 11:02 PM

They could do Love's The Only Rule, not a ballad per se but a love song and has been played quite a few times. It seems to be a (casual) fan favorite

I agree they should spread the ballads throughout the show, specially if they do TLFR versions. This time there's no catwalk thing so no need to do a few acoustic songs in a row.

symbeline 02-14-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1218310)
They hit the sweet spot on the circle tour with 2 or 3 max in a row, big hitters at that with IBT4U and BOR.

There's an appetite for the ballads, they have a lot of great ones, just not all in a row. The same with new songs, energetic songs. There's so much variety of material, it's just the case of spacing it correctly- those 2010/11 shows got it pretty much spot on.

The 2008 tour gets all the credit but (unpopular opinion) most shows were bordering on just OK. I feel 2010/11 was way more fun, I don't know if it was the song selection, the rarities or the attitude, I enjoyed watching full bootlegs much more.

This tour has the potential to be *good* when they start mixing things up

DryCounty 02-14-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1218314)
The 2008 tour gets all the credit but (unpopular opinion) most shows were bordering on just OK. I feel 2010/11 was way more fun, I don't know if it was the song selection, the rarities or the attitude, I enjoyed watching full bootlegs much more.

I really don't know how good the North American leg was 2008, but the European 2008 leg blew pretty much everything they've done in the 2000s, maybe with 2000-01 being better. I will admit though that the 2010/11 is a close second, there were some monster shows on that tour as well.

CLEYoungGun21 02-14-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1218314)

And if Jon gets his voice somewhat back

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1218317)
I really don't know how good the North American leg was 2008, but the European 2008 leg blew pretty much everything they've done in the 2000s, maybe with 2000-01 being better. I will admit though that the 2010/11 is a close second, there were some monster shows on that tour as well.

I was talking about the European Leg. Not denying 2008 was very good vocally wise. I enjoyed my show immensely. But to me it was a "highlights" tour. There's a compilation done by a someone here (I think) that sums up how I felt about the tour: some very brilliant moments but it lacked a certain magic factor when you watched whole shows. I tend to skip to the best bits when I watch a bootleg from that era. The only exception would be Frankfurt, but every tour has *that* night so I go by how I feel about the whole tour.

2011 had something else (better rarities to begin with), some electricity that was missing in 2008. But it could be that the bootlegs are better lol. The band seemed tighter, I remember thinking in 2008 that Jon & Richie didn't interact so much, or maybe they did but the vibe was off. It boils down to personal taste anyway

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEYoungGun21 (Post 1218318)
And if Jon gets his voice somewhat back

I'd settle for a Jon that moves, interacts and sells the performances. His voice is not coming back, but I'm sure there will be flashes of brilliance. He just needs to work on his charisma on the stage which is alarmingly poor nowadays

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:16 AM

So... predictions?

I say I'll Be There For You, Bed Of Roses TLFR and Real Love since it's been hinted by band members. Maybe Always on the encore if Jon is feeling brave

Manbou 02-15-2017 12:20 AM

Does anybody know for sure when the last time was a TLFR Version was played? I think on the HAND Tour?
It's just that i at the Moment don't See jon going "back" to the TLFR versions. In the more recent past, no matter how Bad his voice was, he went for the original Version.
And I think If jon sang ill be there for You, bed of roses and always in One Show, there will be rather little left of him for the next One(s)... :/

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1218323)
Does anybody know for sure when the last time was a TLFR Version was played? I think on the HAND Tour?
It's just that i at the Moment don't See jon going "back" to the TLFR versions. In the more recent past, no matter how Bad his voice was, he went for the original Version.
And I think If jon sang ill be there for You, bed of roses and always in One Show, there will be rather little left of him for the next One(s)... :/

I think American leg of the LH tour until Always made a comeback and BOR was back to electric. I'm sure somebody here can tell you the exact info

efpg0708 02-15-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1218323)

Up until the Abu Dhabi concert in 2008, Bed of Roses was played in the TLFR version during the Lost Highway Tour.

Manbou 02-15-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1218325)
I think American leg of the LH tour until Always made a comeback and BOR was back to electric. I'm sure somebody here can tell you the exact info

Thanks, but It's not so important really :)
I just wanted to point out that i think it's not very likely for jon to Go for the TLFR versions, imo.

Manbou 02-15-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1218326)
Up until the Abu Dhabi concert in 2008, Bed of Roses was played in the TLFR version during the Lost Highway Tour.

Thank you.

I still don't think we will hear it today... There question is what the Main reason was for playing the TLFR versions. Jon just liking them, playing them to promote TLFR or because of him acknoledging his vocal limitations until then? If the latter One is the Main point...
I don't know. I reckon jon is Kind of a perfectionist, and I still don't See him doing this anytime soon.

efpg0708 02-15-2017 12:28 AM

He could do tuned down acoustic versions of some ballads, and have the crowd join in. He did this with In These Arms and I'd die for you (not a ballad though) on the 1996 tour.

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbou (Post 1218327)
Thanks, but It's not so important really :)
I just wanted to point out that i think it's not very likely for jon to Go for the TLFR versions, imo.

Oh, but I'm sure somebody will have that exact moment written down. Just kidding, it was a big deal if I can remember it.

But I agree, it wouldn't make sense to go back to TLFR Always. He knows how much fans hated the TLFR songs (it was mentioned at least in one HAND show if I remember correctly). Maybe he'll try to sneak BOR to see how the audience reacts though, it could be a lifesaver for his voice

Edit: That was fast hehe. I posted and edited while others were posting but same point, highly improbable there'll be TLFR songs but they can't stop playing the hit ballads. So a bit of a dilemma for Jon

DryCounty 02-15-2017 12:37 AM

I think everything about TLFR are dead and burried. I could see him doing the original version of Bed of Roses while still play out the vocal a little different. Maybe avoiding the high parts "on a bed of nails".

To be honest Bed of Roses aren't that high if he can alternate that line. I'd say that both Bad Name, It's My Life, Prayer, Wanted, Saturday Night, Keep the Faith, Bad Medicine and so on are more demanding vocally than Bed of Roses. It's not like Always, These Days, TAALS, STBI etc. that would give any singer a hard time.

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1218331)
I think everything about TLFR are dead and burried. I could see him doing the original version of Bed of Roses while still play out the vocal a little different. Maybe avoiding the high parts "on a bed of nails".

To be honest Bed of Roses aren't that high if he can alternate that line. I'd say that both Bad Name, It's My Life, Prayer, Wanted, Saturday Night, Keep the Faith, Bad Medicine and so on are more demanding vocally than Bed of Roses. It's not like Always, These Days, TAALS, STBI etc. that would give any singer a hard time.

You can't sing a ballad plodding through the song. Specially power ballads. They need passion and Jon lacks the voice to do it right now, it's not a matter of dodging the notes. That's what made Always from the first show so good, he just did it. Could he do it again? Yeah, probably, but I'm not sure if he could sustain it for more than one song (but I'd love to be proven right)

Captmorgs 02-15-2017 12:46 AM

With so many great ballads, My Funny Valentine does nothing for me and is a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symbeline 02-15-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1218333)
With so many great ballads, My Funny Valentine does nothing for me and is a waste.

But but but, don't you get it? My Funny Valentine... Valentine's Day? Better than Always, a stalker song...

:mrgreen:

I wish y'all a very romantic and varied show. My dear bed is looking specially lovely tonight so I have to go

Savvi 02-15-2017 12:54 AM

I'm predicting Real Love and Always.

ticooooooooooo 02-15-2017 12:57 AM

Why not allow David or Tico to take vocal duties, like Richie did for years? David has sung In These Arms and Bed of Roses before. As for Tico, tbh I just really want to hear Only In My Dreams so it's purely selfish on my part...

Also really want to hear Nobody's Hero, Bounce and One Wild Night but I fear I'm fighting a losing battle on those ones.

DryCounty 02-15-2017 02:27 AM

Heather Beaver is sending live
https://www.facebook.com/heather.bea...?hc_ref=SEARCH

DryCounty 02-15-2017 02:31 AM

2. Knockout