Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So you've ripped it............. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55116)

Supersonic 03-08-2013 07:08 PM

Aloha !

People dismissing that plenty of songs on this record aren't written the same way One Direction and Justin Bieber are merely shows how little people actually know about the way music is written, produced and thought out. Not everyone "understands", for most music will just be music, and there's no such thing as actually thinking beyond what goes on that catchy tune.

Don't get me wrong, this is not me slamming people for liking Bon Jovi's output, that's up to you. It's just that I don't get a lot of people on here. There's so much "we don't want Bon Jovi to sound like they did in the eighties, we want them to evolve" and yet as soon as someone actually brings in an artist like Bowie, people wind up slamming the artist that is actually all that Jon would love to be.

Bon Jovi used to be able to write pop rock songs who'd be more than just being a catchy tune, it's why they managed to achieve such great success in the eighties and then again in the nineties. If you like this stuff that's fine by me, but if you proceed to then diss both One Direction and Bowie in the same arugment you kind of lose your credibility there. Bon Jovi have stopped evolving close to 20 years ago. They've started copying others, and if there's on record that shows it, it's this one. If you can't see it that's fine, but don't bitch when someone points out things that are blatantly obvious to others.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

faith1985 03-08-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113696)
Aloha !

People dismissing that plenty of songs on this record aren't written the same way One Direction and Justin Bieber are merely shows how little people actually know about the way music is written, produced and thought out. Not everyone "understands", for most music will just be music, and there's no such thing as actually thinking beyond what goes on that catchy tune.

Don't get me wrong, this is not me slamming people for liking Bon Jovi's output, that's up to you. It's just that I don't get a lot of people on here. There's so much "we don't want Bon Jovi to sound like they did in the eighties, we want them to evolve" and yet as soon as someone actually brings in an artist like Bowie, people wind up slamming the artist that is actually all that Jon would love to be.

Bon Jovi used to be able to write pop rock songs who'd be more than just being a catchy tune, it's why they managed to achieve such great success in the eighties and then again in the nineties. If you like this stuff that's fine by me, but if you proceed to then diss both One Direction and Bowie in the same arugment you kind of lose your credibility there. Bon Jovi have stopped evolving close to 20 years ago. They've started copying others, and if there's on record that shows it, it's this one. If you can't see it that's fine, but don't bitch when someone points out things that are blatantly obvious to others.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

One Direction and Bowie in one sentence is funny, really:-).
And I don't think that Jon would like to be like Bowie since they are on the opposite end of an scale. He went away for ten years and nobody really heard from him (apart from a few exceptions) Jon never went away. Yes, Jon would love to be an icon like Bowie but that will never happen.
WAN IS following fads and fashion with big pop music and a big production. What made BJ special in the 80's and 90's were their talent to create good songs, classic songs, that are rather timeless. Well, not anymore.

StoneDeaf 03-08-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1113701)
Jon never went away.

Looking back a little, there were those good rocking days. So yes, Jon went away. He just haven't realized it yet.

RonJovi 03-08-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1113655)
Ahh, so YOU'RE the one who gets to decide who's a fan and who's not!

Except you don't. I'm a fan of Bon Jovi. Why? Because I say so. I hate everything they've done in the last few years, but I'm still a fan. I also like Taylor Swift. As well as AC/DC and KISS. And Sting. And Tom Waits. And a hell of a lot more music you've never even heard of.

You have NO right telling anyone if they are fans or not. No right telling anyone they're not allowwed to post here.

And best of all, you claim they're not fans because of their taste in music? What are you, 12 years old?

There is no democracy of Bon Jovi fans. We're all as different as anyone else. Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that. Don't ever try to tell anyone if they're fans or not and what music they're allowed to listen or not to listen. That's juvenile and close-minded.

This is an open message board for a reason. If you want to find blind followers like yourself and RDKopper, go to the BSWJBJ boards. They'll love you there. But here, respect the opinion and "fan"-ness of others. If you won't do that, I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to be here.

Ice

Off your high horse son.

I don't decide who is a fan or not. I wouldn't even try. My post to Panda saying that I didn't think he/she belonged on a Bon Jovi board was because he/she said that they thought that One Direction's album was better than Bon Jovi's most recent effort and by Panda's own admission, the 1D album wasn't even good.

My point is that if Panda thinks Bon Jovi and their recent efforts are that bad, then why would you bother wasting time on a Bon Jovi board. Nowhere did I say "I don't think you're a fan so stop posting on this board." But you couldn't see that because you thought you'd take the moral high ground and jump in and talk a load of nonsense.

I'm not surprised that you haven't seen it, but the comment about musical taste was specifically related to One Direction and was calling Panda on the fact that he/she was being flippant with their comments about the 1D album being better than WAN. Try reading it again and see if you can read between the lines of it.

And how do you know I'm a 'blind follower'? Are you claiming that you know me? Have you just been guilty of what you falsely accused me of?

Irony is a wonderful thing.

RonJovi 03-08-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113696)

I mentioned 1D so I'll take the bait on this.

Nowhere did I attempt to pretend that I know how the albums are written and recorded. But there is a massive difference between WAN and a One Direction album so if the above pseudo intellectualism is directed towards any of my posts, then all I can say is lose the superiority complex and read what I wrote.

Iceman 03-08-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1113749)
I don't decide who is a fan or not. I wouldn't even try.

You said, and I quote:

Quote:

The original point was that most Bon Jovi fans wouldn't buy an album of Bon Jovi covering One Direction. Given that most Bon Jovi fans would disagree with your opinion of 1D completely, I still stand by that.
You obviously think you know what a "Bon Jovi fan" is like. You don't.

Quote:

My post to Panda saying that I didn't think he/she belonged on a Bon Jovi board was because he/she said that they thought that One Direction's album was better than Bon Jovi's most recent effort and by Panda's own admission, the 1D album wasn't even good.
Yes, and it was stupid of you to do so. Like I said. It doesn't matter if he likes listening to cow farts, he has still as much of a right of being here as you do. Without anyone, not even you, questioning it.

Quote:

My point is that if Panda thinks Bon Jovi and their recent efforts are that bad, then why would you bother wasting time on a Bon Jovi board.
Again, that's not for you to decide. He can spend his time here and post here all he wants. And again I quote you:

Quote:

you really shouldn't waste your time here
You're in no position of giving out orders or "suggestions" to anyone. If you don't like what he does, fine, but don't tell him to leave the board.

Quote:

Nowhere did I say "I don't think you're a fan so stop posting on this board."
Not in those exact words, but the sentiment was very clear. Take a look at the quotes above.

Quote:

But you couldn't see that because you thought you'd take the moral high ground and jump in and talk a load of nonsense.
No, I take offense in you telling others what Bon Jovi fans like or don't like. I take offens in you claiming they're all like you. I don't take any moral stands, I'm telling you to behave.

Quote:

I'm not surprised that you haven't seen it, but the comment about musical taste was specifically related to One Direction and was calling Panda on the fact that he/she was being flippant with their comments about the 1D album being better than WAN. Try reading it again and see if you can read between the lines of it.
I read it and understood it very well, and that's why I posted. It was idiotic from you to say that he's wrong or that he's not allowed to post here because he thinks One Directions album is better than WAN. Again, even if he thought cow farts were better than WAN, it still wouldn give you the right to question his musical taste ofr degree of "fan"-ness. Panda is entitled to his opinion, without you judging him for it.

But what I do gather from your posts "between the lines" is that you're an insecure teenager who feels threatened by boy bands.

Quote:

And how do you know I'm a 'blind follower'? Are you claiming that you know me? Have you just been guilty of what you falsely accused me of?
Oh, it's just something that's easily deductable from all your posts. I don't know you, nor do I want to. But I know what you post here and how you act.

An example of a "blind follower"-mentality: someone who genuinely believes that Bon Jovi albums sell because of their quality.

And I'm not telling you you can't be one. You can like or not like whatever you want, and I won't tell you you're wrong or that you can't do that. But what I will say is that you can't judge how big of a fan someone is buy their taste in music. Or taste in anything else for that matter. It's for each to decide on their own and act as they see fit.

Quote:

Irony is a wonderful thing.
Yes, if you only knew what it meant...

Ice

Iceman 03-08-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1113753)
Nowhere did I attempt to pretend that I know how the albums are written and recorded. But there is a massive difference between WAN and a One Direction album so if the above pseudo intellectualism is directed towards any of my posts, then all I can say is lose the superiority complex and read what I wrote.

You keep throwing the term "superiority complex" like you know what it means.

No one here is saying they're better (or worse) than you. What they are saying that One Direction or cow farts, it doesn't matter. YOU think it's not good enough, I might think otherwise and I'd be just as right.

One Directions album is probably technically much better than Bon Jovi's, it probably has better songwriters writing songs, more hits on it and it will sell more copies than WAN. There are differences, yes, but not like you'd want there to be.

Seriously, you act like a teenage boy, who's deadly afraid of his girlfriend falling in love with a boy band member.

One Direction is this years NKOTB. More power to them, I hope they sell a shitload of albums. And I don't necessarily like their music, so what? I won't lose anything because of it, neither will you. If someone likes 1D's album better than Bon Jovi's, great! If not, so what?

Ice

Supersonic 03-08-2013 10:14 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1113753)
I mentioned 1D so I'll take the bait on this.

It wasn't aimed at anyone personally here, really. Just like there's no pseudo intellectualism in my post, but I can see why one would see it that way though.

I do wonder however what this massive difference between WAN and a One Direction album is though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1113764)
One Direction is this years NKOTB. More power to them, I hope they sell a shitload of albums. And I don't necessarily like their music, so what? I won't lose anything because of it, neither will you. If someone likes 1D's album better than Bon Jovi's, great! If not, so what?

Ice

Exactly. I don't like One Direction, but it's build around a formula and it works rather well. Bon Jovi's latest record is build around a similar formula yet fails miserably on pretty much every level. Building a pop rock song for an audience of 20-40 year olds is not the way to go. There's a reason why One Direction has so many young fans, and they certainly won't get interested in a 50 year old miming a song in a boxing ring. I honestly don't understand what's so difficult to understand about it, just like I don't get why it isn't so blatantly obvious to everyone else. But again, feel free to explain to me where the massive difference is.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

NicoRourke 03-08-2013 10:17 PM

Downloaded it yesterday, bought the SE today, and ripped it.

RonJovi 03-09-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1113762)

You obviously think you know what a "Bon Jovi fan" is like. You don't.

I never said anything about "a Bon Jovi fan" being anything. Read my posts. The most I said is that MOST Bon Jovi fans wouldn't agree that the latest One Direction album is better than WAN or that 1D are better than Bon Jovi. I stand by that. If you think >50% of Bon Jovi fans would disagree then I'm doubting that you are right.

Quote:

Yes, and it was stupid of you to do so. Like I said. It doesn't matter if he likes listening to cow farts, he has still as much of a right of being here as you do. Without anyone, not even you, questioning it.

Cow farts. How mature. Again, I never questioned anyone's right to be here.

Quote:

You're in no position of giving out orders or "suggestions" to anyone. If you don't like what he does, fine, but don't tell him to leave the board.

I didn't give any orders to anyone nor did I tell anyone to leave the board.

Quote:

No, I take offense in you telling others what Bon Jovi fans like or don't like. I take offens in you claiming they're all like you. I don't take any moral stands, I'm telling you to behave.

I never said that all other Bon Jovi fans are like me. As I stated, I said most Bon Jovi fans (i.e. > 50%) would not agree that 1D's album is better than WAN.

And don't give me "I'm telling you how to behave". Being a keyboard warrior doesn't become you and I don't take instruction from people who are so hot headed and immature that they can't see facts and knee jerk react to stuff.

Quote:

I read it and understood it very well, and that's why I posted. It was idiotic from you to say that he's wrong or that he's not allowed to post here because he thinks One Directions album is better than WAN. Again, even if he thought cow farts were better than WAN, it still wouldn give you the right to question his musical taste ofr degree of "fan"-ness. Panda is entitled to his opinion, without you judging him for it.

But what I do gather from your posts "between the lines" is that you're an insecure teenager who feels threatened by boy bands.

I never said Panda was wrong and I never said he isn't allowed to post here.

And I'm not a teenager plus I'm actually a big fan of the daddy of boybands so they don't really threaten me. But that's you judging someone you don't know. Oh the irony.

Quote:

Oh, it's just something that's easily deductable from all your posts. I don't know you, nor do I want to. But I know what you post here and how you act.

Show me the posts that show I'm a blind follower genius.

Quote:

An example of a "blind follower"-mentality: someone who genuinely believes that Bon Jovi albums sell because of their quality.

And I'm not telling you you can't be one. You can like or not like whatever you want, and I won't tell you you're wrong or that you can't do that. But what I will say is that you can't judge how big of a fan someone is buy their taste in music. Or taste in anything else for that matter. It's for each to decide on their own and act as they see fit.

No, no don't u-turn quicker than a spineless politician. You said earlier:

"Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that"

Yet you say I'm a blind follower. Stinks of hyporcrisy that does.

Listen buddy, I've just shown above 5-6 times how you've taken what I've said and seen what you wanted to see rather than what I said. That doesn't reflect well on you. You're also a hypocrite. That's unfortunate too.

If you want to debate with me, at least do me the courtesy of talking in facts.