Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So you've ripped it............. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55116)

crashed 03-07-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113412)
Aloha !

That doesn't make sense. You're saying an opinion on something isn't welcome unless you buy it, while the product will essentially only be bought if someone has a positive opinion about it. The exact reason as to why people don't buy it is because of their opinion about it. If I turn it around it makes just as much sense; Don't you praise this record to the people who don't like it. They're not buying it, remember?

You mentioning how it is like politics is true though, the conclusion you draw is rather weird. If a huge amount of people don't buy the record, doesn't that mean that essentially the people who didn't buy it "win" as, for example, Jon will without a doubt kick new songs out of the set. If anything, it makes more sense for people not to buy it as the older songs will replace the new ones, and anything they previously released I'd rather hear than most of the songs on this new record.

Bit of an odd post there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sure, you'll get six Lost Highway songs a night instead because that sold more. Thanks for that.

Fair enough if you don't understand my point, maybe it only makes sense in my head.

hackster73 03-07-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113412)
Aloha !

That doesn't make sense. You're saying an opinion on something isn't welcome unless you buy it, while the product will essentially only be bought if someone has a positive opinion about it. The exact reason as to why people don't buy it is because of their opinion about it. If I turn it around it makes just as much sense; Don't you praise this record to the people who don't like it. They're not buying it, remember?

Bit of an odd post there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Everyone has a different opinion and different expectations. You think its shit and thats fine others including me think its pretty good. Either way it doesnt make either of us experts. I have been a fan since 86 and am as critical as anyone but I am happy to hear good and bad views but you seem to think your opinion counts more... I have no idea what makes you think that people care about what you think.

nickolai 03-07-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113406)
Aloha !

Your entire theory just fell through several times yet you're defending it as if you're actually making a point here. It'd be clever and funny if you'd be trolling but you're not, which makes it all the more sad really. Saying you condemn people who download it illegally yet buy the record anyway is not making any sense, and they certainly don't harm anyone with it. Just like people who wouldn't buy the record, leak or no leak. I doubt you find many Bon Jovi fans who enjoy the record yet won't buy it, hence me saying you won't find them on here.

And no, it was the same version but with the demo vocal. The great website you're talking about and look up songs at is host of illegal rips, just as illegal as the b-sides people download through torrents. For someone talking about comdemning people for downloading illegally and then looking up stuff on youTube because they don't own it themselves you're being a rather big hypocrite. Considering how you, unlike me, never bought any official CD with Starting All Over Again on it, you're the one helping piracy here. Not the guy who still spends his money tracing down CD's and actually buying them, whether they're new or old. You just condemned yourself. Well done.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Is that the best you can come up with?! Haha. Bit pathetic really. Lets digest the drivel you've just spewed up. At no point have I ever said its wrong to download it AND THEN buy it. I just think its a bit sad that people can't wait. You seriously need to go to Specsavers mate. Why don't you properly read what I write. And you will find people on here that enjoy the album and won't buy it. Just that they're either too tight or spineless to admit it.

Onto youtube. I knew that was coming. Let me put you straight on something. I actually bought a mixed Bon Jovi CD when I was about 15 (1995) that had a whole load of rarities on. Bought it from a market in my hometown of Worcester. Back then my knowledge of piracy and illegal downloading was nil, as I was only discovering the Internet back then for emails. So yes. Maybe I did do a naughty. This mixed CD had Levon, Good Guys (which I already had from the Saturday Night single anyway), How Long Has This been Going On. Starting All Over Again amongst others...but I wised up to it. I only use youtube to look at live bootlegs and official Vevo videos. You're theory is total BS bases on assumption ( again) to which you clearly know nothing about. (Me)

Supersonic 03-07-2013 10:42 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1113425)
Is that the best you can come up with?! Haha. Bit pathetic really. Lets digest the drivel you've just spewed up. At no point have I ever said its wrong to download it AND THEN buy it.

Yep. Because that's totally not what you said here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai
I condem every person who has been downloading it illegally. You people are contributing to the music industry going the way it is. I have never illegally downloaded an official purchase. I have bought every Bon Jovi album I own.

Every person downloading it illegally is pretty much everyone person downloading it illegally, whether they buy it or not. Just because you're changing your point of view now or meant something else doesn't mean you exactly said what I said you did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1113425)
I only use youtube to look at live bootlegs and official Vevo videos. You're theory is total BS bases on assumption ( again) to which you clearly know nothing about. (Me)

Actually, you confirmed earlier there was this great thing called YouTube if you ever needed to look up b-sides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai
I don't own it, but there's a great website out there if you've not heard it:

www.youtube.com

It's brilliant. Give it a go sometime.

If that's not supporting piracy I don't know what is. You just condemned yourself again. Now I can say I own every single live track I have ever had interest in listening to that's out there, every single radio edit, every single b-side out there I bought originally. You don't. I'm not putting any words in your mouth here, but just like usual when someone calls you on your words you twist your opinion and words over and over again just to "win" an argument.

Again, if you'd be trolling it'd be clever and funny, but your incapability of actually having a discussion about something when you post something of which you know can be considered controversial is quite sad really. If you can't back up your own controversial statements.

Oh how this is odd, me defending all of Jovitalk here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bman2112 03-07-2013 10:42 PM

Quick q. Is it possible to download direct to iPad or iPod touch? And yes I am buying it.....not that it particularly matters.

danfan 03-07-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bman2112 (Post 1113430)
Quick q. Is it possible to download direct to iPad or iPod touch? And yes I am buying it.....not that it particularly matters.

It's on my ipod classic.

nickolai 03-07-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113429)
Aloha !

Yep. Because that's totally not what you said here.

"I condem every person who has been downloading it illegally. You people are contributing to the music industry going the way it is. I have never illegally downloaded an official purchase. I have bought every Bon Jovi album I own. "

Every person downloading it illegally is pretty much everyone person downloading it illegally, whether they buy it or not. Just because you're changing your point of view now or meant something else doesn't mean you exactly said what I said you did.

Actually, you confirmed earlier there was this great thing called YouTube if you ever needed to look up b-sides.

I don't own it, but there's a great website out there if you've not heard it:

www.youtube.com

It's brilliant. Give it a go sometime.

If that's not supporting piracy I don't know what is. You just condemned yourself again. Now I can say I own every single live track I have ever had interest in listening to that's out there, every single radio edit, every single b-side out there I bought originally. You don't. I'm not putting any words in your mouth here, but just like usual when someone calls you on your words you twist your opinion and words over and over again just to "win" an argument.

Again, if you'd be trolling it'd be clever and funny, but your incapability of actually having a discussion about something when you post something of which you know can be considered controversial is quite sad really. If you can't back up your own controversial statements.

Oh how this is odd, me defending all of Jovitalk here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

You seem to be going round in circles here, and repeating your argument. I've backed up everything I've said, you haven't. You clearly don't know how to have an informed discussion because you like to try and trip people up for your own kudos

If you wish to construe my sentence above then I'll clarify. Especially for you. Downloading illegally and not buying is wrong. Downloading illegally and then buying is just sad and impatient. Just my opinion. I hope this clarifies the confusion.

bman2112 03-07-2013 10:49 PM

Very funny.....

Supersonic 03-07-2013 10:51 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1113435)
You seem to be going round in circles here, and repeating your argument. I've backed up everything I've said, you haven't. You clearly don't know how to have an informed discussion because you like to try and trip people up for your own kudos

No you didn't. You just changed what you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1113435)
If you wish to construe my sentence above then I'll clarify. Especially for you. Downloading illegally and not buying is wrong. Downloading illegally and then buying is just sad and impatient. Just my opinion. I hope this clarifies the confusion.

I agree with this, but then again that was the reason why I started the argument in the first place, because this was not what you said in the first place. Enjoy Birmingham.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

nickolai 03-07-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1113438)
Aloha !

No you didn't. You just changed what you said.

I agree with this, but then again that was the reason why I started the argument in the first place, because this was not what you said in the first place. Enjoy Birmingham.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yes it was. Maybe I didn't portray that properly or you conveniently twisted it. Either way, believe what I say and I think I've backed that up.

And it's Birmingham City FC. And they're scumbags