Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What songs do you want on the 2nd leg of the tour? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69970)

Becky 04-19-2017 04:51 AM

What songs do you want on the 2nd leg of the tour?

Pick songs you would like to see worked into/rotated in the set list.
Obviously, this isn't a plan for every night, but just some songs to add variety.

New:
Living with the Ghost
I Will Drive You Home
New Year's Day
All Hail the King
Devil's in the Temple

2000's
Superman Tonight
Love's the Only Rule
Make a Memory
The Distance
Who Would You Die For
Beautiful World (This never got played, right?)
What's Left of Me

90's
These Days
I Believe
Saturday Night
Keep the Faith
Destination Anywhere
Blaze of Glory

80's
Wild Is the Wind
Blood on Blood
Let It Rock

And please never play again:
We Weren't Born to Follow
Work for the Working Man
Happy Now

Thomas S 04-19-2017 05:21 AM

I'd be happy with anything that isn't the same overplayed combination of Lost Highway, Whole Lot Of Leavin, We Got It Goin On and Sleep When I'm Dead.

Obvious ones that need to be put in the sets are I'll Be There For You, Bed of Roses, In These Arms and Blaze of Glory as they're all well-known hits. I think the reason we haven't heard IBTFY or BOR yet on this tour is because Jon knows they're both going to be especially difficult on his vocals and so he picks Always instead (which is even more difficult): if you're gonna go big, you might as well go really big.

I like all of your picks, I'd especially like them to play I Will Drive You Home a couple of times as it's my favourite song from the new album.

I'd like to see Blood on Blood and Saturday Night get played a little bit more frequently, I was happy that they got played as often as they did but Saturday Night was rather neglected towards the end of the leg. Runaway should also get played regularly, as has been done closer towards the end of the leg. I think it's a great encore song that everyone knows.

I'd love to see them play:
One Wild Night & Bounce (two fun little rockers that could easily replace WGIGO)
Wild In The Streets (I can't emphasize enough how much I want this to be a staple)
Never Say Goodbye (In my perfect world this would be the final song, probably played acoustic, to end every show. Kind of like how Bruce often ends his shows with an acoustic version of Thunder Road although admittedly NSG is no where near as popular a song amongst casuals.)
Story of My Life (Kind of in the same vein as OWN and Bounce).
Anything from These Days!! (Such an underappreciated album in live shows. Jon knows full well how much it is loved by the fans so when he throws in a few songs like Hey God or Something to Believe In he knows the die-hards will appreciate it but in my opinion it deserves a bit more play time. Why not play something like (It's Hard) Letting You Go, surely that song isn't too painful on the vocals.

I honestly do believe that the band is ready to play around 90 songs as David claims, but Jon just wants to stick to his guns (another song I'd love to see get a spin!!). I think most of the 90 are one-offs or very rare songs like Dry County, Hey God etc. They will get played, just not as often as they could be.

Rdkopper 04-19-2017 05:57 AM

More Burning Bridges songs besides WDR... And Loves The Only Rule as Jon mentioned

KeepTheFaith2211 04-19-2017 09:39 AM

Anything pre-Circle. Literally anything.

Dicanio 04-19-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1223788)
Pick songs you would like to see worked into/rotated in the set list.
Obviously, this isn't a plan for every night, but just some songs to add variety.

New:
Living with the Ghost
I Will Drive You Home
New Year's Day
All Hail the King
Devil's in the Temple

2000's
Superman Tonight
Love's the Only Rule
Make a Memory
The Distance
Who Would You Die For
Beautiful World (This never got played, right?)
What's Left of Me

90's
These Days
I Believe
Saturday Night
Keep the Faith
Destination Anywhere
Blaze of Glory

80's
Wild Is the Wind
Blood on Blood
Let It Rock

And please never play again:
We Weren't Born to Follow
Work for the Working Man
Happy Now

Great post! I agree with all your choices. Maybe we should also have a post asking which songs we DON'T want to hear on the second leg?

Thomas S 04-19-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1223802)
Great post! I agree with all your choices. Maybe we should also have a post asking which songs we DON'T want to hear on the second leg?

I think we can just do that here. Which songs did you have in mind?

James_86 04-19-2017 10:34 AM

I Wanna Be Loved would be great. Has a similar mood and feel to the general atmosphere of the new record.

There's a fair bit of great stuff from the 00's that he could still just about pull off I think.

Happy Now, Bounce and Born Again Tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

fanofrem 04-19-2017 12:28 PM

My list.
Living with the Ghost
These Days
Dry County
Wild I the Wind
Goodnight New York
Beautyful World
I'm With You
Bounce
Joey
Just Older
Two Story Town
Last Man Standing
Story of My Life
Bells of Freedom
I Belive
A Teardrop to the Sea
Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning
I'm Your Man
Burning Bridges
Diomnd Ring
Bullet
Thorn In My Side
Superman tonight
Happy Now
That's What the Water Made Me
What's Left of Me

Samdoyle1987 04-19-2017 01:14 PM

I'll try be realistic here....
Throw in a brief acoustic snippet of NSG in a few encores here and there. Maybe, instead of always, give bed of roses a shot (I am open to a reworked, downtuned or acoustic version) . I hope they keep the 6 or so THINFS songs in the set, but be sure to mix them up every night. I would love ITA, something like this: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lop29BPAvE0. Also, imagine how awesome it would be if we got a snippet of lie to me! Like this, https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3nyxhcRt0K8.
I don't think these days is realistic. Could IBTFY be made to work? I hope it is at least attempted once or twice. Definitely throw in BAT to the set every few nights.

CLEYoungGun21 04-19-2017 02:48 PM

I'd like to see In these Arms played a couple times (give DB the lead!) also, I wonder they could still do Roulette... I think it sounded okay in 2010 when they played Hawaii. Oh, and Let it Rock, I bet Phil would rock that solo if given the chance to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk