Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What's Next? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69978)

Elvistico 04-21-2017 12:31 PM

What's Next?

I might have missed it, but the question on my mind for weeks now is : how is this tour gonna go on ? - They started a world tour but after finishing the first leg, the future remains empty. OK, a few south american dates are in the books but that's not a 'leg'

Did the band talk on their tourplans in interviews? I don't mind waiting 2018 to see them in Europe, but it would at least be nice to know when we can expect them to be over here :) ... still gets me excited big time.

I suppose they will return to arena's in Europe since I can't see them doing stadiums over here anymore, except for a few cities. ( Wembley Stadium has to be the one on their bucket list )

What is the reason for organizing the tour the way they are doing it?

Bounce7800 04-21-2017 01:17 PM

I agree, I'd love to see them in the "new" Wembley Stadium finally. If they could hang it out long enough to come back and fill the new White Hart Lane stadium I'd be in dreamland.

The concern I have is that by the time the European tour comes along in 2018, THINFS will have been long since forgotten by many, so quite what they would do to address that, or even have new material to promote I don't know. The gap seems very long.

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2017 01:47 PM

I think it's because there are so many big acts touring this summer in the US and Europe like U2, Guns N' Roses and Metallica that they just didn't feel it was wise to try and compete for a lot of the same fans going to those shows.

Becky 04-21-2017 02:10 PM

Jon also made the comment early on that touring would depend on if everyone is healthy. They may be announcing groups of dates based on how the last run went. That gives them longer to recover between runs anyway, rather than spending the whole year on the road. It's not like they have to cram dates together for any reason anyway.

danfan 04-21-2017 03:14 PM

OT, but why is Jon so different from other front men? Axl, Joe Elliot, Steven Tyler, James Hetfield, Bono, Bruce, etc. Sure, they have occasional voice issues, but none that threaten to cancel a tour. And we're talking about bands that play a lot more dates than Bon Jovi. GNR played a ton of shows last year for 2.5 hours every night. Same for Bruce. I just don't get why Jon's delicate vocal chords are so different. And yeah, they played a ton of shows in the 80's and early 90's. So did every other band.

DryCounty 04-21-2017 03:21 PM

My guess would be

February - April 2017 / NA Leg

September 2017 / South America Leg

Winter 2017-18 / Possibly Japan?

Spring 2018 / Some more NA dates with the focus on Canada

Summer 2018 / Europe

kleman 04-21-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1223933)
OT, but why is Jon so different from other front men? Axl, Joe Elliot, Steven Tyler, James Hetfield, Bono, Bruce, etc. Sure, they have occasional voice issues, but none that threaten to cancel a tour. And we're talking about bands that play a lot more dates than Bon Jovi. GNR played a ton of shows last year for 2.5 hours every night. Same for Bruce. I just don't get why Jon's delicate vocal chords are so different. And yeah, they played a ton of shows in the 80's and early 90's. So did every other band.

Well BJ are without a doubt on top if we look how many shows they played.

From 1990 to 2014 :

BJ 934 shows
Stones 538 shows
U2 526 shows
Springsteen 727 shows

BJ are the hardest working band around....

Eveline 04-21-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1223933)

Oh, why should they work so much anyway? It's not that they have to prove anything being an established band. They don't have to make money because they already have loads of cash. Finally, they are not young anymore and need to take care of themselves because you have only one life. I'm quite young myself and I'm working myself to death so I think it's a matter of age. The older we get, the more easy going we become (or at least, I hope so ;p)

danfan 04-21-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1223937)
Well BJ are without a doubt on top if we look how many shows they played.

From 1990 to 2014 :

BJ 934 shows
Stones 538 shows
U2 526 shows
Springsteen 727 shows

BJ are the hardest working band around....

Springsteen works a hell of a lot harder than Jon. 3-4 hour shows a night.

ticos_stick 04-21-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1223941)
Springsteen works a hell of a lot harder than Jon. 3-4 hour shows a night.

Very true. Bruce puts Jon to shame but most front men these days do. That's how bad he's got.

Michael Jackson could out perform Jon today.