Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What was the last album you genuinely enjoyed? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70083)

hackster73 09-05-2017 08:39 PM

What was the last album you genuinely enjoyed?

By 'genuinely enjoyed' I mean you were proud to be a fan of the band at the time of hearing the album and still go back to that album now...

For me it is probably Have A Nice Day. Even though there have been moments since then that is the last album that sounded fresh and had a high number of good tracks that I still enjoy listening to now. Not saying it's my favourite but the last one I enjoyed as an album.

thesedays2014 09-05-2017 08:45 PM

I probably agree, although Lost Highway has grown on me...thought it was shit when I first heard it, but I genuinely think it's the last album on which they tried something different.

Becky 09-05-2017 09:01 PM

I truly love This House Is Not for Sale and Burning Bridges. I dislike very few songs on either CD. I don't have to love every song on a CD to consider the CD great. I'm kind of picky and kind of tend to dislike lovey-dovey songs like Labor of Love anyway. So I never expect to like every song.

The Circle and WAN are both CDs that I like about half the songs and I consider them CDs that didn't age well are extremely weak. So, for me, there has been a vast upswing in quality in the last few years.

Javier 09-05-2017 09:04 PM

THINFS. I'm really a fan of this album, listen to it constantly and I think tracks 1 through 10 are awesome!! Takes a dip with 11 and 12 but then I love Real Love. Sometimes the simplistic guitar work gets to me because I can really imagine what it could sound like with some more developed arrangements but overall, as far as songs go, I loved it from the first listen and will continue to....

Rdkopper 09-05-2017 09:05 PM

THINFS.... Listened to it the other day and it's still a solid album

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 09-05-2017 09:49 PM

Lost Highway is the one I played for friends to introduce (or re-introduce) them to the band because I was a relatively new fan when it came out and I wanted them to share my excitement. As for going back to any of them, I couldn't pick one because I go back and forth all the time. Usually a song on one album will get me thinking about one on a different album so I'll switch and listen to it, until another song or a discussion about lyrics or something switches it up again.

Butters 09-05-2017 10:58 PM

THINFS - Superb album.

Eveline 09-05-2017 11:34 PM

Keep the Faith because it's so dark and it suits my mood atm... well, Burning Bridges is my soft spot, too. I guess I need pain to feel alive.

rolo_tomachi 09-05-2017 11:37 PM

At the time, HAND was a very fresh album for me, but it was still imperfect. But very enjoyable. The Circle still seems like a good collection of songs with a special atmosphere.Brokenpromiseland and Love the Only Rule are shaking chills, I even enjoy smaller songs like Learn To Love or Fast Cars. WAN was poor. THINFS and BB is ok and was better than WAN.

hackster73 09-05-2017 11:47 PM

I am surprised by the love for THINFS so far...