Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   iHeart Festival 2020 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70745)

DryCounty 09-20-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1267073)
Tico is probably the only 'rock' element left in the band. He sure as hell looked more animated and excited than Jon.

Agree. Tico is the only thing that still makes this feel somewhat Bon Jovi-like. What a legend he is!

jovifan85 09-20-2020 03:01 PM

OK Performance. I have my doubts whether JBJ voice could do a 2 hour concert on every single tour night, perhaps 1 1/2 hours? Or an Hour? If and when they could tour again.

Dicanio 09-20-2020 03:20 PM

Where is the excitement that this band used to invoke?

I keep tuning in to these things looking forward to hearing my favourite songs but the performances are becoming more boring and bland with every passing year.

Ive seen some comments saying the musical statues was down to Covid-19 social distancing however none of the other bands on the bill seem to have got the same memo?

Captain_jovi 09-20-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1267082)
Where is the excitement that this band used to invoke?

I keep tuning in to these things looking forward to hearing my favourite songs but the performances are becoming more boring and bland with every passing year.

Ive seen some comments saying the musical statues was down to Covid-19 social distancing however none of the other bands on the bill seem to have got the same memo?

Yeah I'm not sure the six-feet-apart rule applies as they all would have either been tested or quarantined prior to the taping to know for certain.

Captain.Crash 09-20-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofrem (Post 1267071)
Nice to see no black acoustic guitar on Lost Highway. JBJ is much better whitout it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to put both hands on the mic and strangle it into submission with a guitar in hand.

MrsDavidSambora 09-20-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj4ever (Post 1267051)
Not sure if I missed this in another thread, but where was David?

His musical is being taped by Netflix these days and the whole team has to stay in quarantine for the whole time of rehearsals and taping. So it wasn't possible for him to leave this "bubble"...

https://broadwaynews.com/2020/09/13/...rding-process/

jovifan93 09-21-2020 09:37 AM

I agree with what some people have said: definitely doctored (which was to be expected TBH), but better overall. Though I'm not so sure about Prayer, that one sounded way too good for me to be true, so I'm still not convinced it wasn't playback vocals from some 2013 show...

james_d 09-21-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1267116)
I agree with what some people have said: definitely doctored (which was to be expected TBH), but better overall. Though I'm not so sure about Prayer, that one sounded way too good for me to be true, so I'm still not convinced it wasn't playback vocals from some 2013 show...

It wasn't 2013 I don't think, but they might have used the very auto tuned chorus from Philly 2018? Honestly though he did sound a bit better than the last 12 months or so, so potentially with filters that was him.

WILDJOVIMAN 09-21-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1267003)
Just to not make a mess in the new album topic.

Final Setlist:

1. Do What You Can feat. Jennifer (on the screens)

2. Lost Highway

3. Limitless

4. You Give Love a Bad Name

5. Who Says You Can't Go Home

6. It's My Life

7. Wanted Dead or Alive

8. Livin' On a Prayer

Enviado de meu SM-M305M usando o Tapatalk

iīv just listend to the 30 min Show via headphones. iīm suprised.
i havenīt heard Jon this good in very very very Long time. Bad Name or IML sound like 2013 Maybe 2011.
yes he stands behind his micstand, but if thatīs what it needs to find hin confidence again, iīm fine with it !!

bonjovi90 09-21-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1267116)

Gotta admit that I was having the same feeling when watching Prayer...