Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   March 22nd 2017 - Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69920)

gabriele 03-23-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1221503)
Why - oh, why - did they open the encore with f***ing REUNION?????

Even Wildflower would've been a better choice, and I hate that song as well. That said, it's probably waaayyy too high for Jon nowadays...

And Jon! Where the hell is my I Love This Town???!!! Oh, wait - Jon can't sing that one anymore either.

JON, STOP THIS F***ING TRAIN WRECK OF A TOUR IMMEDIATELY!

I love this town. Please...

CLEYoungGun21 03-23-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Even Wildflower would've been a better choice, and I hate that song as well. That said, it's probably waaayyy too high for Jon nowadays...

And Jon! Where the hell is my I Love This Town???!!! Oh, wait - Jon can't sing that one anymore either.

JON, STOP THIS F***ING TRAIN WRECK OF A TOUR IMMEDIATELY! You're more than done - you're an embarrassment for all us fans. This two-hour nonstop snoozefest makes me miss the epic setlists of Dusseldorf 2011 (the ultimate definition of a vanilla show), Stuttgart 2013 (the June show, which got Amen and Army Of One back-to-back to open the encore - the biggest anti-climax in the history of our mankind) and even f***ing RIO 2013!!!!! At least they got (one of the worst ever versions of) Always.

Lmao... I think you'll live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Newton 03-23-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

JON, STOP THIS F***ING TRAIN WRECK OF A TOUR IMMEDIATELY! You're more than done - you're an embarrassment for all us fans. This two-hour nonstop snoozefest makes me miss the epic setlists of Dusseldorf 2011 (the ultimate definition of a vanilla show), Stuttgart 2013 (the June show, which got Amen and Army Of One back-to-back to open the encore - the biggest anti-climax in the history of our mankind) and even f***ing RIO 2013!!!!! At least they got (one of the worst ever versions of) Always.

and yet you still spend time on here..There are loads of other bands out there that you might be happy with..why dont you take your BullS*it and take it some where else...

TugaJovi 03-23-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Kind of hard to believe i'm in a Bon Jovi fan community when I read posts like these. C'mon, this is just wrong.

Falco 03-23-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1221498)
https://youtu.be/3PFuLUy9uLo
These days from Alpine Valley 2003

Thanks a lot! I've been looking for a while for any footage from that show. I'm surprised they even did a song like These Days in WI, usually our sets are pretty vanilla.

cqleonardo 03-23-2017 04:09 PM

how can anyone hate Reunion? lol

bonjovi90 03-23-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco (Post 1221513)
Thanks a lot! I've been looking for a while for any footage from that show. I'm surprised they even did a song like These Days in WI, usually our sets are pretty vanilla.

The fans had the chance the vote for what the band would play for the broadcasted part of the encore back then. That's why These Days and (I think) Blaze of Glory ended up there.

bonjovi90 03-23-2017 04:33 PM

A friend of mine went to this show last night. He had attended Nashville earlier this leg and enjoyed that, but was rather disappointed by last night's performance.

Captain_jovi 03-23-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1221514)
how can anyone hate Reunion? lol

It's a 4 minute bumper sticker. To me it just reeks of cliches and do'good'isms. Musically I don't mind it, lyrically it's too over the top.

BJFan99 03-23-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1221507)
and yet you still spend time on here..There are loads of other bands out there that you might be happy with..why dont you take your BullS*it and take it some where else...

I'm sorry, I didn't really mean all that - I'm just frustrated because of the horrible set lists we've been getting on this tour. I understand it's the European leg (plus the MSG, Toronto, Chicago and Philly shows) where the guys will really deliver, but come on. They haven't even performed Runaway on the THINFS tour, let alone live staples like ITA, BOR and IBTFY. Also, the extremely static, post-2000 heavy main sets are starting to get on my nerves. In all honestly, I'd be more than happy if the band played ILTT at the next gig - at least that would be a change. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the Cleveland rendition of Captain Crash being the last ever live version they'll perform of it. WFTWM (with that cringeworthy marching choreography) can also be gladly shoved in a place where the sun doesn't shine.

And are BOB & SIBSN really too high for Jon nowadays for them being even semi-regulars on tour? What about swapping LYHOM out for a night or two and bringing in another (perhaps even easier) song like Wild Is The Wind, (It's Hard) Letting You Go or Diamond Ring? And, last but not least, Tico should get to sing Only In My Dreams every now and then... :-D