Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do you have the Box Set? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36678)

Yvonne 08-05-2006 08:27 PM

Do you have the Box Set?

Do you have the box set, what do you think?

I can now say i have it lol from the songs ive listened to i like it....

Dawn 08-05-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
Do you have the box set, what do you think?

I can now say i have it lol from the songs ive listened to i like it....

yes I have the box set.... when I first heard it I really liked it but for some reason I dont seem to listen to it much....

Dawn

bjcrazycpa 08-05-2006 08:50 PM

I bought it when it came out in November of 2004. I absolutely ADORE it. There are soooo many good songs on it. Hard to believe a lot of these were the throw aways.

deb

Thierry 08-05-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa
I bought it when it came out in November of 2004. I absolutely ADORE it. There are soooo many good songs on it. Hard to believe a lot of these were the throw aways.

deb

But then again you almost love everything (Jon) Bon Jovi does.

bjcrazycpa 08-05-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry
But then again you almost love everything (Jon) Bon Jovi does.

Guilty! But, I also love Richie and Dave's stuff too. What can I say, I'm easy to please. My daily life is full of crap so tearing down something that is my source of entertainment and fun isn't for me.

deb

Dave 1986 08-05-2006 09:55 PM

I had it for Christmas 2004 and at first none of the songs really jumped out at me. Maybe it was just to much music to digest at once, but then I ripped the entire box set to my computer so I could kinda listen to it in small doses and it worked. Alot of the songs I know class as favourites. Some of them are not so good IMO and wasn't bothered that they were thrown away. The DVD was a bit of a waste aside from the Access All Areas Footage as thats always a joy to watch.

It's certainly one of the best Box Sets out there. Just don't spend any more than £35 for it. £60 from HMV is a joke.

fan4ever 08-05-2006 09:59 PM

I do

I like a handful of the tunes, today I put about 10 songs from the box set onto my MP3 player. Radio saved my life is my favorite tune followed by I get a Rush and Open All Night and Edge of a Broken Heart. i like "If I Cant Have Your Love by Richie as well.

CW

Stranger In This Town 08-05-2006 11:28 PM

I don't have the boxset... but I want it.

And I have to say that that is a very gorgeous picture of Vince in your signature, Yvonne!

Yvonne 08-06-2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger In This Town
And I have to say that that is a very gorgeous picture of Vince in your signature, Yvonne!

Vince Neil = KING!!!!!

-K9- 08-06-2006 01:01 AM

I have it and I love most of it except 2 or 3 songs.

BTW DEE SNIDER=KING!!!!!

Becky 08-06-2006 01:24 AM

I have it. There are some songs that I wonder why they didn't use; some that I love; some that I hate. I haven't even been able to listen to the whole song of "Billy" yet. It gets started and I think, "This sucks" and never let it finish. I'm usually not a big fan of ballads, but I enjoy the ballads on the box set more than most of the ones they've released on CDs in the past few years.

Favorites: Satellite, You Can Sleep While I Dream, The One that Got Away, Rich Man..., River Runs Dry, Nobody's Hero, Kidnap an Angel, If Only in My Dreams.

Captain_jovi 08-06-2006 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
I have it. There are some songs that I wonder why they didn't use; some that I love; some that I hate. I haven't even been able to listen to the whole song of "Billy" yet. It gets started and I think, "This sucks" and never let it finish. I'm usually not a big fan of ballads, but I enjoy the ballads on the box set more than most of the ones they've released on CDs in the past few years.

Favorites: Satellite, You Can Sleep While I Dream, The One that Got Away, Rich Man..., River Runs Dry, Nobody's Hero, Kidnap an Angel, If Only in My Dreams.

You hit most of the points I wanted to make so I'll just quote you. I really really like most of the box set. Some of it I'm not fond of (Billy, Sympathy, We rule the night, Out of Bounds) come to mind. Some of it is really growing on me. It's funny to see the caliber of the songs they had to cut from past albums.

Yvonne 08-06-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K9-
I have it and I love most of it except 2 or 3 songs.

BTW DEE SNIDER=KING!!!!!

lol nah dont agree

SamboraQueen21 08-06-2006 02:29 AM

Of course. I bought it the day it came out. I give it two thumbs up. Way up :D

Highlights for me:

Why Aren't You Dead
Radio Saved my Life Tonight
Miss Fourth Of July
Open All Night
Last Chance Train
Every Beat Of My Heart
I Get A Rush
The One That Got Away
You Can Sleep While I Dream
Satellite
Too Much Of A Good Thing
Lonely At the Top
River Runs Dry
Temptation
Nobody's Hero ~ probably my absolute favorite!

ShaSha 08-06-2006 03:58 AM

I don't have it. I just downloaded from iTunes some of the songs that I thought sounded good from the 30 second clips. I know, I'm a bad fan. :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll buy the whole thing eventually, I just haven't gotten around to it yet..

bjcrazycpa 08-06-2006 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha
I don't have it. I just downloaded from iTunes some of the songs that I thought sounded good from the 30 second clips. I know, I'm a bad fan. :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll buy the whole thing eventually, I just haven't gotten around to it yet..

Buy it Sarah! You won't regret it.

deb

-K9- 08-06-2006 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
lol nah dont agree

I just much prefer Twisted to Motley. If you said Nikki Sixx or Mick Mars I could go along with ya lol

Kathleen 08-06-2006 04:40 AM

I have it - I like alot of it - but I don't love all of it. Do I think it worth the price I paid for it - Oh yeah. I loved hearing the different eras and what was left out - and I find it interesting that they have now kept Radio - and Garageland (though in far fewer outings).

Kathleen

Bongo VII 08-06-2006 05:28 AM

David! David David David David! David!

*coughs*

I have it. It's actually the first Bon Jovi music I ever bought. Which was kind of dumb, at the time - "I like a couple of their hits, so I'm gonna spend lots of money on the stuff that wasn't good enough to make the albums" - but it cemented me as a Bon Jovi fan.

And it's the first time I ever heard David sing! Mmmm. David.

Although Only In My Dreams turned me off of Tico's voice for a long long time.

UKjovi 08-06-2006 10:31 AM

I have it , there are a few good songs on there but i can see why they didnt release alot of them as they just werent good enough to put on an album.

Captain Walrus 08-06-2006 12:15 PM

I love it, think its the best thing they've put out since 2000 (although thats not really fair as it is 4 cds ... ). I actually do think that most of the songs range from at least from good (say Garageland) to great (River Runs Dry) to awesome (Flesh And Bone). Course there's some less good ones (These Arms Are Open All Night) and at least one awful one (All I Wanna Do Is You, what the hell were they thinking for this one?!), but overall tis well worth buying

Nice packaging too, even if the cover is a bit naff the booklet pretty much makes up for it, loads of photos through all the eras, and the fan testimonials are a pretty good read. The DVD is a waste of a disc though, there's only two saving graces on it really