Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

BonJovi100 11-01-2019 11:30 AM

If Jon's vocals were stronger in this song it could sound like "live Before You Die". I'm definitely glad Jon sounds like he sounds. It's harsh, without yeeh yeeh, without unnecessary pulling, etc. In this topic, less is more. I think that Shanks and Jon would be able to record it in the same way as the ending "Devil In The Temple" or "A Teardop To The Sea" .. I see no reason for such treatments here. I listen to this song all the time so it's good;)

Anyone know if the movie will be screened in theaters? Maybe there is a chance for an Oscar nomination:>

Javier 11-01-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1259620)
If Jon's vocals were stronger in this song it could sound like "live Before You Die". I'm definitely glad Jon sounds like he sounds. It's harsh, without yeeh yeeh, without unnecessary pulling, etc. In this topic, less is more. I think that Shanks and Jon would be able to record it in the same way as the ending "Devil In The Temple" or "A Teardop To The Sea" .. I see no reason for such treatments here. I listen to this song all the time so it's good;)

Anyone know if the movie will be screened in theaters? Maybe there is a chance for an Oscar nomination:>

It's gonna have a short theater run in New York and LA before moving on to Netflix on Nov. 10...

BonJovi100 11-01-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1259621)
It's gonna have a short theater run in New York and LA before moving on to Netflix on Nov. 10...

Nice! Thank you :) an the Oscar goes to.. :D

james_d 11-01-2019 12:13 PM

Honestly I do like the new song. But I don't think I love it. We'll say how it ages, but at the very least it's raising money for a great cause

Walkerboy 11-01-2019 12:57 PM

Like the intro, like the outro, but dislike everything in between...
Hopefully this is a one-off and not part of the new album, because if Jon continues to make efforts at politically charged music then he's done and dusted for me. He's no Bruce...

That being said, it's good that the proceeds from it are going to charity.

liljovi93 11-01-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1259624)
Like the intro, like the outro, but dislike everything in between...

Hopefully this is a one-off and not part of the new album, because if Jon continues to make efforts at politically charged music then he's done and dusted for me. He's no Bruce...

That being said, it's good that the proceeds from it are going to charity.

It's confirmed that it's going on the new album. A video was posted by Jon on YouTube today giving the backstory to the song and said it's on the new album released in Spring.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

jovifan85 11-01-2019 01:09 PM

I like it! better than I thought it would sound!

His vocals are what they are....interesting to see what 20/20 sounds, not much different vocally I guess.

PM, if any want the song. Though as LilJovi93 says it's on the 20/20 Album.

JackieBlue 11-01-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259614)

This couldve been a better song with 2 solos in it. Again Phil X is totally underused...

This tweet from Phil-X might support that line of thinking. It sounds like there may be more than one guitarist who's experienced "creative differences" with Jon. (Also makes me think that when Jon referred to a "Dry County-type" song, he probably wasn't referring to an epic guitar solo.) ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealPh...44552519917568

I wonder what the issue is with longer, more interesting guitar solos. :confused:

Adam D 11-01-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1259625)
It's confirmed that it's going on the new album. A video was posted by Jon on YouTube today giving the backstory to the song and said it's on the new album released in Spring.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to video?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

polevka 11-01-2019 01:55 PM

It sounds better than I had expected. Not gonna criticize it. It is what it is.