Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 11-01-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1259682)
Recording a whole song in one note is a damn achievement. Like a fine wine Jon keeps getting better with age! [emoji7]

Springsteen made a career out of it and his fans think he's a ****ing hero... Jon does one song like that and all his fans have their panties in a bunch.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

nickolai 11-01-2019 11:28 PM

Honestly, it's absolute dog shit. Worst Jovi song ever. And it isn't even the low scale of vocals. 90% of My Guitar Lies Bleeding is in a lower tone but it's kick ass. This is just woeful. Jon's song writing is lame, vocals are lame - even in the studio! Shambles.

For the first time ever I'm laughing and crying with sadness at the same time. Jon misses Richie more than we all think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Butters 11-01-2019 11:28 PM

This feels like a song written by a really shitty first-generation AI. It is spectacularly bad. I applaud the intention behind the song but the lyrics are atrocious. And then there are the vocals...my god. This is the worst Bon Jovi song ever written.

Jon covered this material in 'What's Left of Me?' and that is a really great song. There's nothing left in this band; they can't even fake it in the studio.

Walleris 11-01-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259683)
Springsteen made a career out of it and his fans think he's a ****ing hero... Jon does one song like that and all his fans have their panties in a bunch.

Who’s saying Bruce’s new stuff is any better?

It’s not a terrible comparison though. This song is basically Western Stars album with vintage Shanks guitar sound that everone is sick of.

He did not make a career out of that though - in his prime Bruce would make up with emotion what he lacked in range.

Rdkopper 11-01-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1259684)
My Guitar Lies Bleeding is in a lower tone but it's kick ass.

Another comparison to a song 25 years ago. Shocking...

There are two things that make that song great... One the guitar solo (which I'll give you with your missing Richie statement) but it's also Jon's high notes at the end that completes the song so you can't compare the two.

Take both of those away and the song isn't the same.

Thinny 11-01-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259680)

Apart for this board, the song is getting a great reception on Facebook and YouTube...

On the pages that are monitored by the official band team or are run by super fans, yes...how appropriate.

Every non-BJ page that i've seen this posted on it's getting annihilated...

Even comparing this to THINFS era it's a poor effort. The lyrics are far from a 10, in my opinion. Very cliche and forced. Just because they are different for Jon it doesn't make them good

On the subject of Springsteen check out Devils & Dust....that's how to write a convincing song on a similar subject....night and day...

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1259688)
On the pages that are monitored by the official band team or are run by super fans, yes...how appropriate.

Every non-BJ page that i've seen this posted on it's getting annihilated...

Even comparing this to THINFS era it's a poor effort. The lyrics are far from a 10, in my opinion. Very cliche and forced. Just because they are different for Jon it doesn't make them good

On the subject of Springsteen check out Devils & Dust....that's how to write a convincing song on a similar subject....night and day...

So you're saying that all negative YouTube comments are being deleted?

Jon has been writing cliche lyrics his whole career and I'm not sure what forced lyrics are? Give me an example of what part of the song has "Forced Lyrics"

I never said that it's good because it's different. I gave a half a dozen reasons why I thought it was good and noted them as being different from the norm.

Thinny 11-02-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259689)
So you're saying that all negative YouTube comments are being deleted?

Let's say heavily moderated. The majority of official pages are, especially around a new release...

Look at the number of comments on most of the posts on Facebook about the song...they are around the 300 number. Other stuff has 1k, 2k plus. Why so many less for a new song? The only one that has more is the last one at over 800 comments. Switch to most recent and read the ones that have just been posted. They obviously haven't got around to moderating these yet:

"No guitar solos, no band, no rock n roll...pull the plug...."

"Meh....hope this isnt going to be a political album! Music is an escape from that $hit! No interest as a non American, hugely disappointing"

That's the last two comments, then suddenly everything after that is postive. Hmm...maybe I'm just cynical....but let's see if those comments are still there in a couple of hours...

Oh I missed one a little futher down:

"Embarrassing! Please, take a pause, get your voice a breake, make a REALY good song! Or just stop!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259689)
Jon has been writing cliche lyrics his whole career and I'm not sure what forced lyrics are? Give me an example of what part of the song has "Forced Lyrics"

The whole thing. The forced remarks just means that to me it sounds insincere, but that could actually have more to do with the delivery than the actual lyrics thinking about it. It just kinda feels like he's listing a bunch of facts rather than actually feeling any passion for what he's writting and singing....to me anyways. You get something more out of it and that's great.

bonjovi90 11-02-2019 12:23 AM

Already given my 2 cents on the song and it hasn't changed with multiple listens. I'm past the fan-point where I try too hard to like something over a few days. This isn't my cup of tea, maybe the album will have tracks I can relate to more.

About the social media: yes, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube got heavily "cleaned" over the course of the day, just like they did when the tour progressed and more bad reviews started to get it. I was watching the video thrice today at different times and each time there were negative comments (not in terms of pure hate, but also in terms of simply criticizing what one doesn't like) and they were all gone next time around. But that's the standard with social media these days I guess.

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1259690)
Let's say heavily moderated. The majority of official pages are, especially around a new release...

Look at the number of comments on most of the posts on Facebook about the song...they are around the 300 number. Other stuff has 1k, 2k plus. Why so many less for a new song? The only one that has more is the last one at over 800 comments. Switch to most recent and read the ones that have just been posted. They obviously haven't got around to moderating these yet:

"No guitar solos, no band, no rock n roll...pull the plug...."

"Meh....hope this isnt going to be a political album! Music is an escape from that $hit! No interest as a non American, hugely disappointing"

That's the last two comments, then suddenly everything after that is postive. Hmm...maybe I'm just cynical....but let's see if those comments are still there in a couple of hours...

The whole thing. The forced remarks just means that to me it sounds insincere, but that could actually have more to do with the delivery than the actual lyrics thinking about it. It just kinda feels like he's listing a bunch of facts rather than actually feeling any passion for what he's writting and singing....to me anyways. You get something more out of it and that's great.

This is a worthless debate. I'm reading the YouTube Video Vevo page and it's mostly positive. I don't think it's being heavily monitored because I do see some negative things as well... check it out yourself.

These aren't typical Jon lyrics. It's written very well and deep. Go read them and give me examples.