Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259714)
Dude! Do you even read my posts? Or do you just see my name and automatically start arguing?

I'm pretty sure I specifically said:

I'm not griping about anything. I couldn't care less how much Phil-X plays or doesn't play on the album. As with any other album, I'll either like the songs or I won't, regardless of who plays what, or how much. But if it really is just the Jon and John show, I do wish they'd stop trying to convince everybody it's a band album just because they know that's what most of the fans would like to see.

I also said I have no doubt the band "played" on this song (or that they'll play on all the songs, for that matter). My question is how much they were allowed to influence the sound. (Not surprising, since I still question how much influence they had on THINFS, despite all the hype about what a band album that one was supposed to be.)

To be honest... I stop reading after a certain point. You say things so smug and matter of fact and then contradict everything as a way to cover up all tracks...

And I've called you out on this before... Here is an example of what you do.

"I hate seafood, but I eat fish, lobster, crab, and shrimp"

or in this case

"day one, song one is just a front to show the whole band playing on the album but I'm sure they all did play on it at some point"

"When it was first released, I said the sole purpose of "Day One, Song One" was to provide video evidence people would be able to point to later, and say, "I'm sure it was a band album. I remember seeing videos of everybody in the studio together." I was half-kidding then; but I'm not entirely sure, now, that I wasn't also more than half-right"

efpg0708 11-02-2019 03:28 AM

C’mon guys. Let’s not ruin another thread here ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 11-02-2019 03:44 AM

Hey World’sMost, if you want write me an email… maybe that calm you down… Geez!

JackieBlue 11-02-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259716)
To be honest... I stop reading after a certain point. You say things so smug and matter of fact and then contradict everything as a way to cover up all tracks...

And I've called you out on this before... Here is an example of what you do.

"I hate seafood, but I eat fish, lobster, crab, and shrimp"

or in this case

"day one, song one is just a front to show the whole band playing on the album but I'm sure they all did play on it at some point"

"When it was first released, I said the sole purpose of "Day One, Song One" was to provide video evidence people would be able to point to later, and say, "I'm sure it was a band album. I remember seeing videos of everybody in the studio together." I was half-kidding then; but I'm not entirely sure, now, that I wasn't also more than half-right"

And you're just as wrong with this example as you were before.

Do you understand the difference between 1) being involved in the creation of a song, and 2) just playing what's been laid out for you to play on an instrument?

When Jon says "it's a band album" he is clearly implying that the whole band had a part in creating the album and making it what it is. Actively participating in the creative process; for example, suggesting changes that significantly impact the sound - and having those ideas actually implemented.

Think of the Popeye story Jon told about Tico and New Years Eve; where Jon had written it in waltz fashion and Tico said, "Huh-uh. THIS is what it needs to be..." And it significantly changed the song. It's that kind of involvement that I'm not sure the band has on the whole album, regardless of what Jon has said about it being a band album; and that's what was obviously being promoted with the Day One, Song One video.

It's completely different from simply popping in, after Jon and Shanks have everything laid out, long enough to play or overdub what Jon and Shanks envisioned. If you remember, that's where Jon said he went wrong prior to THINFS; because he and Shanks would work everything out beforehand; and then everyone else came for a day or so and recorded, basically, whatever Jon and Shanks told them to play. THAT is "playing" on the record, imo. And I have no doubt they have done that in the past, or that they still do.

It's the creative part I question.

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 04:14 AM

I'm going to start making up my own terms...

It's a great song but_____

- The content is too choppy
- The verses aren't fragmented enough
- The chorus is simplified
- The melody comes off wavy
- There are too many adjectives and not enough adverbs.
- The lyrics are all over the place (wait, I can't take credit for that one. It was actual used).

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 11-02-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259721)

- The lyrics are all over the place (wait, I can't take credit for that one. It was actual used).

HA! :D

That was actually pretty funny, RDK! :)

efpg0708 11-02-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259721)

Hahaha that was good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinny 11-02-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259694)
Of course...

The people who don't get what they want can't get past or accept anything else... I'm cool accepting people not liking it... If it's not your thing, it's not your thing.. but when people are speeding up vocals to get what they want or just say things that have no meaning like "the song is forced", it's laughable.

Jon wrote this for a documentary on PTSD and stuck it on the album like he did with "Not Running Anymore"... I feel like people are thinking that this is the album.

I'm living in the now. If Jon stopped dying his hair, he's not going to use studio tricks to make him sound like he's 18 again... This song is exactly what I expected and hoped I'd get as 1 of 10 tracks from Jon...

The song is exactly what i expected too sadly.

I really enjoyed Not Running Anymore. Unbroken I don't like at all. Just because you don't understand a comment it doesn't mean it has no meaning. ;) I already explained what I meant by forced, but as usual you only take in what you want to take in....

There's no point debating things with you because you always refuse to see anyones point of view but your own.

I don't like it, you do. It's all good.

BonJovi90 already confirmed that negative posts they saw dissapeared later....Here's an example of how the song is really going down on an unmoderated/non-BJ fan page....read the comments here:
https://www.facebook.com/ClassicRock...57603991885883

nickolai 11-02-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259687)
Another comparison to a song 25 years ago. Shocking...

There are two things that make that song great... One the guitar solo (which I'll give you with your missing Richie statement) but it's also Jon's high notes at the end that completes the song so you can't compare the two.

Take both of those away and the song isn't the same.

You're completely missing the point but at the same time stated the bleedin' obvious.

Read my post properly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

nickolai 11-02-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259697)
Dude! It's one ****ing song that's soundtrack based...

Do me a favor... Copy this post, save it in a Word Document, wait until the Spring, and then let's see if it's worth a repost.

I'm sure the band played on all tracks...

If your gripe is with Phil not playing on every song, keep in mind that he is not needed for every song. He is their hired gun to replace Richie Sambora on tour... Jon's using him on some parts of certain songs where he could add value and maybe on some solos he'll do when they go on tour. Shanks is Jon's studio guitar player...

I think we can all agree with that based on information directly from Phil's mouth.

But normally the first song released or unveiled is a benchmark for the rest of the album. Like on Crush they wouldn't unveil She's A Mystery. Because it's shit. Like this song. Shit. So on this basis it doesn't sound encouraging for the new album.

The topic of the album is just utterly boring, same old liberal left wing shite that has been forced down everyone's throats for the last decade. What's happened to the fun rock n roll band we used to love? Jon has basically sold out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk