Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

jovifan93 11-02-2019 11:59 AM

Anyone else get a Homebound Train vibe out of that guitar sound used in the intro and outro? Could easily play next after that song ;-)

Chris_Newton 11-02-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1259726)
But normally the first song released or unveiled is a benchmark for the rest of the album. Like on Crush they wouldn't unveil She's A Mystery. Because it's shit. Like this song. Shit. So on this basis it doesn't sound encouraging for the new album.

The topic of the album is just utterly boring, same old liberal left wing shite that has been forced down everyone's throats for the last decade. What's happened to the fun rock n roll band we used to love? Jon has basically sold out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WRONG.. in a Q and A with Phil X someone asked is unbroken typical of what we will see on the new album. He replied NO

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chris_Newton 11-02-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1259684)
Honestly, it's absolute dog shit. Worst Jovi song ever. And it isn't even the low scale of vocals. 90% of My Guitar Lies Bleeding is in a lower tone but it's kick ass. This is just woeful. Jon's song writing is lame, vocals are lame - even in the studio! Shambles.

For the first time ever I'm laughing and crying with sadness at the same time. Jon misses Richie more than we all think.

Shock horror you don't like the song. Didn't see that coming [emoji849]

nickolai 11-02-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1259729)
WRONG.. in a Q and A with Phil X someone asked is unbroken typical of what we will see on the new album. He replied NO

Haha, you believe it right...?!

nickolai 11-02-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1259730)

Erm...do we know each other?

james_d 11-02-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

He also said its not the first single

Supersonic 11-02-2019 12:48 PM

Aloha !

Ignoring more bullshit from world's most incapable debater...

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1259591)
Only conservatives support the troops? That's why they fawn over a guy that says POWs aren't heroes because they were captured?

There's conservative democrats as well. I'm not speaking about those supporting trump, but it's been obvious how the right are more prolific in their support for "the troops" than the more progressive people in America.

Jon's music has been coming with a marketing plan these last 15 years. Although he involves himself with the Clintons and speaks out being a democrat he's rarely spoken about the issues Democrats are about. For every time he speaks out he risks the chance of losing a fan.

This feels like calculated damage control to me. There's no way this song will make any serious money and the official video doesn't describe the documentary either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1259724)
BonJovi90 already confirmed that negative posts they saw dissapeared later....Here's an example of how the song is really going down on an unmoderated/non-BJ fan page....read the comments here:
https://www.facebook.com/ClassicRock...57603991885883

Thanks for that, this is indeed a pretty good example. And yes, posts are being deleted. Discussions going off the rails have been deleted as well, once a negative opinion gains traction it's all being deleted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1259730)

Shock horror; you like it.

Who would you give more credibility? Someone who likes everything or someone who doesn't like much but a few things here and there?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

I'm curious to know if this song is 1 of 10 or the 11th Bonus Track

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1259725)
You're completely missing the point but at the same time stated the bleedin' obvious.

Read my post properly

I'm not arguing people not liking it... I'll say it a third time. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing... that's cool.

If someone said, I don't like the song because Jon's not delivering vocally, that's a valid reason.

When someone says I don't liken the song because it sucks... I'm just asking for a little bit more.

Trust me, the political subjects bother me more than anyone on this board. There is no need for it in music especially knowing who Jon supports. Clinton's aside, he picks the biggest scum bags to represent.

I'm still 50/50 on the vocals myself and I know that it's throwing a lot of people off... Studio tricks could make Jon sound 18 again so why so raw?

I'm looking for some different viewpoints then the same people making the same general comments year after year, song after song, album after album...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

liljovi93 11-02-2019 01:24 PM

I've listened to it a few times now and watched the video twice.

Has it grew on me? Yeah, I think so. It has a lot of potential but it's really missing some things. Jon's vocals are weird. He's got this annoying twang going on (which he has for a while) but it seems to be worse than ever.

The guitars at the start are very misleading. They sound great but on this type of song, it just doesn't fit.

The bridge is too long. It's almost like he is trying to fit everything in and it spirals off BUT, watching the video, it seemed a lot better and had more of a purpose.

I'd have liked more backing vocals. You can hear some in the mix at a certain point and it sounds decent but I'd have liked more.

Lyrically, I do really like it. He's obviously been given some pointers and been told to get the message across so some lyrics are forced but that doesn't mean they're bad by any means. Some are cringe but most songs have cringe lyrics at some point.

The video is very good. Jon looks cool and doesn't put on this forced act that he sometimes does on videos. Would I have liked the band on it? Yeah, but it's not the first time they've not appeared in a music video and it won't be the last.

I give the song a 5/10. It could have been so much better but it's really lacking a lot of things.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk