Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Xavi 12-13-2018 10:37 AM

For me,it is the first time since I become a fan,back in 1994,that Im not excited about the idea of having a new Bon Jovi album.
And it has nothing to be with Jons voice,with no Richie in the band or those kind of things.
Im tired of Johns Shanks records.Tired of his sound,of his way of producing,tired of his songs arrangements,etc.
I have the feeling of,without being created,having already listened to the new album.
I know it has been debated many times on this board,but I had to say it.
I think Jon should change producer,should write with other people,should change things,but we all know he is very comfortable by John Shanks shadow,so..

steel_horse75 12-13-2018 11:05 AM

JBJ should get outside writers in as the last 2 or 3 albums show - he is out of ideas.
Ditch Yes man Shanks and get someone in who can get the band to produce something they havent for nearly 20 years - an all killer no filler rock album.

Jovi98 12-13-2018 11:54 AM

I hope that after the new album there will be a Box set with Outtakes/ unreleased songs…. kind (Mona Lisa, One to Say Goodbye, Closer, Rage of Angels etc.…)

Alphavictim 12-13-2018 09:57 PM

I dug Walls; we'll see.

Rdkopper 12-13-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1249485)
I hope that after the new album there will be a Box set with Outtakes/ unreleased songs…. kind (Mona Lisa, One to Say Goodbye, Closer, Rage of Angels etc.…)

No... it's all new material...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 12-14-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249497)
No... it's all new material...

He said that he hopes for some Box Set kind of release after the next album. Wasn't there talk of Jon thinking about the release of the original Sex Sells album on Crush's 20th anniversary?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Rdkopper 12-14-2018 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1249504)
He said that he hopes for some Box Set kind of release after the next album. Wasn't there talk of Jon thinking about the release of the original Sex Sells album on Crush's 20th anniversary?

I'd love to see that quote...

bonjovi90 12-14-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249510)
I'd love to see that quote...

I think someone here had posted that rumour. However, it could've been nothing but just that.

TheOriginalJez 12-14-2018 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249496)
I dug Walls; we'll see.

I'm with you, and as a result hope there's no new album until late 2019 at the earliest - there's not been any studio pedal shots on Phil's twitter, so if there is a record nearly done then it's all MOR Shanks guitar. Of course, he could be the last guy involved, as he was with THINFS, just to rehash the solo's and do a few BVs but Walls and WWWU both evidently had Shanks and Phil working together in LA on BVs and guitars, so there's (hopefully) no reason to think that would be the case.

Also, and I know this won't happen, Phil did say he'd love to write with Jon at some point... maybe we could get one... you can't fault the Drills on riffs and he did write which is like 80% lyrically acceptable for Jovi. Ok, so maybe he shouldn't write the words, but the music is awesome.

Rdkopper 12-18-2018 04:27 AM

Jon said the albums not completely written but he's happy what he has so far.