Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Jovi98 01-09-2019 01:34 PM

I think that we gotta be happy that a new album are coming because every new album is " a new world to discover" , for me the last two albums are good albums…., obviously the stile is changed , for example i prefer Bounce and Have a Nice Day than THINFS for various reasons but also THINFS is ok :) anyway…. i'm Always happy to hear new songs and i hope that after new album Jon he decides to release another Box Set.…

what do you aspect from the new album?

faith1985 01-09-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1249985)
I think that we gotta be happy that a new album are coming because every new album is " a new world to discover" , for me the last two albums are good albums…., obviously the stile is changed , for example i prefer Bounce and Have a Nice Day than THINFS for various reasons but also THINFS is ok :) anyway…. i'm Always happy to hear new songs and i hope that after new album Jon he decides to release another Box Set.…

what do you aspect from the new album?

I thought most of the songs on THINFS are middle-of-the-road songs (I actually liked the bonus tracks) but there is not one song (apart from LWTG) I go back to. Lyrically it was too spiteful (not that I expect too much). I hope that we wont get too many cliched lyrics and I really hope I will like at least 2 or 3 songs.

bonjovi90 01-09-2019 04:28 PM

I'm hoping for:
- anything that goes off the beaten pattern
- a different sound, the last four albums were pretty much interchangeable
- actual themes and not observations and the state of the economy
- some musical depth, no matter in what form

I'm expecting:
- What About Now part 4

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Eveline 01-09-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1249987)
I'm hoping for:

I'm expecting:
- What About Now part 4

God, so true! New album - bad. No album - bad. We're fu**ed anyway *tears up*

Walleris 01-09-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1249988)
God, so true! New album - bad. No album - bad. We're fu**ed anyway *tears up*

Wrong.

I am totally fine with Jon never putting out another mediocre album or playing another sad show with his current voice and protecting whatever Bon Jovi legacy there's still left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1249987)
I'm hoping for:

I'm expecting:
- What About Now part 4

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I echo these with one more 'hope' - I hope Jon has something to say. While the production of THINFS was the usual crap, the songwriting had some good moments. Most of us liked the songs like Living With The Ghost or God Bless This Mess, not because they're 'timeless and universal', but because they were very identifiable as to what was Jon going through in his life which he described in those songs - breaking up with Richie (LWTG) and getting old and declining and coming to terms with it (GBTM). However, if Walls and When We Were Us anything to go by, he already emptied his gas tank on those inspirations, so I don't expect much.

Eveline 01-09-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1249989)
Wrong.

I am totally fine with Jon never putting out another mediocre album or playing another sad show with his current voice and protecting whatever Bon Jovi legacy there's still left.

OK, got the cues. What I'm looking for is the lyrics. It somehow doesn't fail to deliver. The most profound lines about the real pain, the real ache.

faith1985 01-10-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1249989)
Wrong.

I echo these with one more 'hope' - I hope Jon has something to say. While the production of THINFS was the usual crap, the songwriting had some good moments. Most of us liked the songs like Living With The Ghost or God Bless This Mess, not because they're 'timeless and universal', but because they were very identifiable as to what was Jon going through in his life which he described in those songs - breaking up with Richie (LWTG) and getting old and declining and coming to terms with it (GBTM). However, if Walls and When We Were Us anything to go by, he already emptied his gas tank on those inspirations, so I don't expect much.

I actually quite liked WWWU. If they put out something they like I am not here to really judge it, it is what it is and if I don't like it, it is my problem.
I hope for the same as most of us, though.

Thinny 01-10-2019 01:31 PM

I think WWWU and Walls is probably a good indication of where the next album will take us. I like Walls as a song, but that's not what I want from Bon Jovi. WWWU just seemed like an attempt to capitalize on the Hall Of Fame induction.

Jovi98 01-10-2019 01:33 PM

I have a teory about THINFS.... maybe many songs " with rage and pain" have been discarded from the session of 2015 for THINFS after that Jon is returned with the universal for varies reason.... between Jon , the label etc...

steel_horse75 01-10-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1249997)
I think WWWU and Walls is probably a good indication of where the next album will take us. I like Walls as a song, but that's not what I want from Bon Jovi. WWWU just seemed like an attempt to capitalize on the Hall Of Fame induction.

Id prefer an album of Burning Bridges tracks (except Finger prints).
But yeah the pop pap of Walls and WWWU is where this album is heading.