Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Johny 02-20-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1261767)
The song needs a solo

No it doesn't. We don't need the song.

A solo won't turn it into a good song.

Dave88 02-20-2020 02:26 PM

Even with a monster solo, it would still be e a shitty song.

There're so many areas that would need to be fixed... songwriting, vocals, atmosphere, overall production. Basically everything.

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1261767)
The song needs a solo

Needs real drums, better chorus, lose that awful bridge part, have decent lyrics, have riffs over twang.....then add the solo....then you might have a good song.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-20-2020 03:06 PM

The song is pretty meh. Verses are strong, chorus isn't great, subject matter is treaded over time and time again. First and second verse are basically the same thing just reworded.

THAT BEING SAID, half the people who are "done with the band" because of this are the same people who have been "done with the band" every time a new first single comes out. Some of them have even been "done with the band" multiple times in this thread alone. I'll never understand that.

liljovi93 02-20-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261773)
The song is pretty meh. Verses are strong, chorus isn't great, subject matter is treaded over time and time again. First and second verse are basically the same thing just reworded.

THAT BEING SAID, half the people who are "done with the band" because of this are the same people who have been "done with the band" every time a new first single comes out. Some of them have even been "done with the band" multiple times in this thread alone. I'll never understand that.

Yeah, it does my head in reading this all the time too. The same people on twitter are the same. I've never said I'm finished with the band and I won't be because I know they can still produce 2-3 quality songs on an album. I know I still enjoy their shows when I see them too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-20-2020 03:12 PM

Why subject yourself to the same torture of pretending you might like something you've hated since Crush onwards, and in some cases These Days forward. Life is way too short.

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 03:30 PM

20/20: The New Album

This album has 8 more songs. They can’t be as bad as the 2 released.

Is unbroken seriously track 2? Let’s say for arguments sake that track 1 is a belter of a tune then track 2 is a serious mood kill.

This is first time I’m not pre-ordering from one of my fav bands.
I’ll listen on social media on the day and if I like 3 songs I’ll consider buying it just to put it in the collection with the others.

Did the same with the recent Green Day and so far not bought it yet.

semigoodlooking 02-20-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261773)

Admittedly this thread is massive, but who has said they are done with the band?

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1261779)
Admittedly this thread is massive, but who has said they are done with the band?

If I say I’m done with the band it’s I’m done as in liking/pre-ordering new material. I still have the first 6 albums to cuddle in bed every night.

vidda 02-20-2020 03:49 PM

I listened to it and it's more than I had expected so I'm really positevely surprised. Maybe my expectations were too low, but for me, that I don't usually speak English. anda don't pay much attention to lyrics, anda regarding Jon's voice sounds ok for me, and the melody reminds me somewhat of the old jovi, I like it; I thought I wouldn't but this is me reality.
In regards to the no solo I cant understand people who think that the band is always the sane cliché when a no solo is a change. ..well it was since nowadays are less present in somos.