Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 03-31-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262807)
As predicted he already had the lyrics so what was the point of the competition? So much for this is "our song"

I guess Jon singing them and then posting them online is the result.

It's not the competition everyone was hoping for but at the same time, I get it. Royalties is one and I really don't want to hear someone's lyrics on a simple song like that.

If this albums is coming out May 15th, I'm sure the CDs have been pressed my now. Unless it's a digital bonus track.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

BonJovi100 03-31-2020 02:13 PM

Do What You Do - Jon & Fans
https://youtu.be/Iu0p0Rer1p8

Rdkopper 03-31-2020 02:34 PM

Terrible Edit. Mine is 100 times better

bonjovi90 03-31-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262814)
Terrible Edit. Mine is 100 times better

How about you share yours if it's that sensational?

Rdkopper 03-31-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262815)
How about you share yours if it's that sensational?

I only did audio. But I'll send it to you and you can post it for me. I'll send it a little later today.

rolo_tomachi 03-31-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262812)

If this albums is coming out May 15th, I'm sure the CDs have been pressed my now. Unless it's a digital bonus track.

The tests pressing usually do it Two / three months before, but on a massive level it usually happens 1 month before and is retained due to possible leaks. This is done in different parts of the world.

Usually have it well in advance of the launch date, in case end up advancing or delaying a launch. An example was What About Now, which was advanced several weeks not to compete with Justin Timberlake.

But the market is so changing that I don't know exactly how long before this was done.

My opinion is that a standard edition has already been pressed, and perhaps they have planned (or are already doing so) to press editions with bonus tracks.

bonjovi90 03-31-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1262816)
I only did audio. But I'll send it to you and you can post it for me. I'll send it a little later today.

I was just teasing you :D I don't really like the song, don't like the voice and wouldn't post 2019 material on my channel anyway :D

Rdkopper 03-31-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262818)
I was just teasing you :D I don't really like the song, don't like the voice and wouldn't post 2019 material on my channel anyway :D

Lol... I pretty much feel the same that's why I'm like whatever about it. I'm actually sending you the link now. Check out my edit. It's up to you of you want to share them. Once the finished song comes out, no one will care about any of these.

JackieBlue 03-31-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262807)
As predicted he already had the lyrics so what was the point of the competition? ...

Increased attention? :D

Seriously, though, I have to give Jon props for recognizing the therapeutic value of motivating fans to openly share their feelings about what's going on, in a creative way. Many of them may never have thought about doing that without this prompt.

I never thought the fan lyrics would find their way into a finished song. Just the credits would be a nightmare, not to mention royalties. :)

Captain_jovi 03-31-2020 04:50 PM

My brain is in two very different places about this.

The Good: They've finally embraced social media to the point where he's interacting with fans, singing lyrics they wrote, encouraging them to guess the melody. All of this should have been bare minimum a decade ago but they're doing it, and I'm happy about that.

The Bad: Why switch the lead single to Limitless if the most attention is going towards a song written for a soundtrack (albeit with a great cause) and an unfinished song that may or may not make the proper album. What spooked them into changing the lead single only for them to almost abandon it completely?