Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Thinny 07-11-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1265408)
The regular version is the normal 10 songs.

The deluxe version will have 'Do What You Can' & 'American Reckoning'

I've not seen this confirmed anywhere? I may have missed it, but everything I've read suggested that they would be added to the standard tracklisting.

Santa Fe 07-11-2020 12:15 PM

A boring song for me

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1265408)
The regular version is the normal 10 songs.

The deluxe version will have 'Do What You Can' & 'American Reckoning'

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

No way.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

liljovi93 07-11-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265411)
No way.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

That's what I've read somewhere anyway.

Obviously, I don't work for the band so I'm not saying it's 100%. Either way, I don't think anyone is that assed.

The Japanese version definitely has Limitless & Beautiful Drug music video DVD package.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Xavi 07-11-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1265396)
Spanish baby, Bon Jovi was always characterized by having a guitar solo, now there's NOTHING! None on final songs: Unbroken or Limitless, and in American Reckoning there's a HARMONICA solo BY JON, and let's just say JBJ is not too good creating acoustic guitar solos either. That's why people say this band is becoming in even more Jon!
Anyway... -_-, in my book nothing could be worse than This House Is Not For Sale album.
It's just that I don't want to fall asleep in a second whith these extra songs... and just to think that these are singles O_O make me a little sad U_U, anyway I like to see them like separate songs from the main songs of the album... -_-

In music there isnt a rule that states that a song needs a guitar solo.
American Reckoning is a very Springsteen,Dylan or Cash song.Those songs and those artist are,as you say,characterized by having ah harmonica solo,so I think the harmonica fits very well on that song.
By the way I remember songs from the past with no solo,first come to my mind is The Distance.
You dont have to add a guitar solo on every song just because "you are charcterized" to do it.
A song will be what the song needs.

steel_horse75 07-11-2020 01:19 PM

Be interesting to see if the 2 newer songs make the vinyl or CDs if they were made pre-covid.
Maybe its download only.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh McDonald (Post 1265401)
I think this song great, but most important its the message. Good one, Jon.

If anyone wanna see, I made a video for the song, hope you guys enjoy it :)

YouTube

You elevate the song. Great work.

Thinny 07-11-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265416)
Be interesting to see if the 2 newer songs make the vinyl or CDs if they were made pre-covid.
Maybe its download only.

I've got a feeling they were never pressed, hence the reason they can do this. But yea, if they were it will be download codes added to the CD/Vinyl I would expect.

Alphavictim 07-11-2020 02:54 PM

There's tons of Bon Jovi songs without a guitar solo. Say It Isn't So is a prominent example, and that song's 20 years old.

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 03:39 PM

I mean hell, at this point if they said the Beautiful Drug video was scrapped I'd believe it. Nothing has been confirmed about what's on what edition and I haven't seen anything online saying this is a bonus track, just Jon saying it'll be on the album. Thinny's right, if the albums haven't been pressed yet ANYTHING can happen and change, even from when Jon said DWYC would be a bonus track.