Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

YOVANAfromPeru 07-12-2020 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1265413)
In music there isnt a rule that states that a song needs a guitar solo.
American Reckoning is a very Springsteen,Dylan or Cash song.Those songs and those artist are,as you say,characterized by having ah harmonica solo,so I think the harmonica fits very well on that song.
By the way I remember songs from the past with no solo,first come to my mind is The Distance.
You dont have to add a guitar solo on every song just because "you are charcterized" to do it.
A song will be what the song needs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1265419)
There's tons of Bon Jovi songs without a guitar solo. Say It Isn't So is a prominent example, and that song's 20 years old.

The Distance? Say It Isn't So?
>_< jajajaja

Alphavictim 07-12-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265455)
Agreed. We haven't had a non-agenda single in awhile.

Because We Can?

Captain_jovi 07-12-2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1265479)
Because We Can?

To me that still has the "you can do whatever you can if you try hard enough, get up and face fears" agenda but just not as blatant.

Alphavictim 07-12-2020 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265480)
To me that still has the "you can do whatever you can if you try hard enough, get up and face fears" agenda but just not as blatant.

So Livin' On A Prayer and Born To Be My Baby are not fun either?

Hugh McDonald 07-12-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265417)
You elevate the song. Great work.

Thanks! It wasn't easy to make :)

Captain_jovi 07-12-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1265481)
So Livin' On A Prayer and Born To Be My Baby are not fun either?

I think both of those were VERY fun. I guess I see your point. I guess if comparing the two "our love can build a mountain" IS the exact same as "Hold on to what we've got". I wonder why one just feels more hollow.

Alphavictim 07-12-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265497)
I think both of those were VERY fun. I guess I see your point. I guess if comparing the two "our love can build a mountain" IS the exact same as "Hold on to what we've got". I wonder why one just feels more hollow.

Prayer was less naive, for one. It wasn't "you can do whatever you set your mind to!", it was... "we're gonna make it". That was a lot more vague. "Making it", coming from pre-superstardom JBJ, didn't sound like "you can become a millionaire too, come to my seminar" but more like "it's gonna be ok baby". It felt a bit more personal, more humble. Optimistic, but not cynically so. "Ain't it a beautiful world" and "God makes no mistakes" were terrible, TERRIBLE lines coming from a man who had it better than 99,9% of the population of the planet. His assessment of "the world" (no longer "we're gonna make it" but "everything is great") felt detached, even in 2013. Which is why I liked the humbleness of American Reckoning's lyrics. Seems he picked up a clue or two in the meantime.

Plus the music of Prayer and BTBMB is just way better. Live to Win (different artist, same sentiment) is also pretty clichéd lyrically, but it's faster paced and has more going on than just the lyrics. Plus it got used in that one South Park episode!

faith1985 07-12-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1265498)
Prayer was less naive, for one. It wasn't "you can do whatever you set your mind to!", it was... "we're gonna make it". That was a lot more vague. "Making it", coming from pre-superstardom JBJ, didn't sound like "you can become a millionaire too, come to my seminar" but more like "it's gonna be ok baby". It felt a bit more personal, more humble. Optimistic, but not cynically so. "Ain't it a beautiful world" and "God makes no mistakes" were terrible, TERRIBLE lines coming from a man who had it better than 99,9% of the population of the planet. His assessment of "the world" (no longer "we're gonna make it" but "everything is great") felt detached, even in 2013. Which is why I liked the humbleness of American Reckoning's lyrics. Seems he picked up a clue or two in the meantime.

Plus the music of Prayer and BTBMB is just way better. Live to Win (different artist, same sentiment) is also pretty clichéd lyrically, but it's faster paced and has more going on than just the lyrics. Plus it got used in that one South Park episode!

If you look at 'Bullet'

Corporate countries go to war
Behind the lies they're fighting for
And black gold from an old king's soul won this round
How can someone take a life
In the name of God and say it's right
How does money lead to greed
When there's still hungry mouths to feed

This is far from what we here often make Jon to be.

Captain_jovi 07-12-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1265498)

I love this breakdown.

Xavi 07-12-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1265477)
The Distance? Say It Isn't So?
>_< jajajaja

When you dont have arguments,you act like a little child.
Best thing is to ignore you.