Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Thinny 07-14-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265581)
Because he doesn't want to be bothered about the album anymore, that means he cares little for those songs.

He was angry at the label at the time. He released it to finish his contract and didn't want to be seen to be promoting it as the next record. That is all...

Captain_jovi 07-14-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265581)
Because he doesn't want to be bothered about the album anymore, that means he cares little for those songs.

Get where you're coming but you're twisting his words because you really like the songs. Those songs wouldn't have come out had it not been for the label forcing them to release it. Word for word he says the songs are good but no way in hell is he going to drop songs from the setlist for 'em.

Alphavictim 07-15-2020 12:42 AM

He prefers songs that made the albums over the songs that he at the time felt were not good enough to make the cut. That doesn't make him a jerk.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-15-2020 01:45 AM

Phil X talking about the new album
http://bravewords.com/news/bon-jovi-...dy-sarzo-audio

Captain_jovi 07-15-2020 05:03 AM

Won't be able to listen until tomorrow, if anyone has listened, could you fill me in?

Javier 07-15-2020 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265588)
Won't be able to listen until tomorrow, if anyone has listened, could you fill me in?

They worked on the album for 11 days straight at ocean way in Nashville and out of the songs recorded Jon picked his favorite 10 (does this mean more were recorded?). Phil's favorite is Love is a beautiful drug because he got to be dangerous for 16 seconds. It feels like an exciting album for Phil x because it's the first time he got to be involved from the ground up. I think that's all that was said about the new album...

steel_horse75 07-15-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1265589)
They worked on the album for 11 days straight at ocean way in Nashville and out of the songs recorded Jon picked his favorite 10 (does this mean more were recorded?). Phil's favorite is Love is a beautiful drug because he got to be dangerous for 16 seconds. It feels like an exciting album for Phil x because it's the first time he got to be involved from the ground up. I think that's all that was said about the new album...

Yet on the 4 songs we’ve heard so far Phil x hardly features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jovifan93 07-15-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1265574)
Ever notice how Love Ain't Nothing But A Four Letter Word gained two additional writers going from the demo to the final version?

That's what I thought, as well. While I didn't know about Shanks having a co-write on it, it could well be for something he added, maybe the bridge, a verse or something. Maybe it was missing one verse, who knows? But even the solo screams Jon (or Bobby), and the whole song reminds me more of songs like Life's Too Short For Days Like These...

Javier 07-15-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265591)
Yet on the 4 songs we’ve heard so far Phil x hardly features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that of those 4 only 2 were recorded initially. American Reckoning and Do what you can were written post pandemic and possibly recorded remotely so I doubt Phil played on either....

rolo_tomachi 07-15-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1265589)

16 seconds .... refers to the guitar solo I guess.

I wonder how many songs from that recording have been left out ... it would be great if they released more bonus tracks.