Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Thinny 07-28-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266056)
Is there any point to Jovi releasing singles anymore? The last 4 have bombed and ended up at 1400 (who knew the charts had that many places) after 3 days.

in 2020 Bon Jovi are not a singles band, but the release of singles to the radio and videos to YouTube does help with the promotion of the album, which is where the sales are focused for the older bands. The singles charts is really only for stuff that appeals to the younger generation nowadays.

I expect the Beautiful Drug video will still get used, just at a later date. It makes no sense to release it before the album as we've already had 4 singles before release, when there would only have originally been two if the original release date had stuck.

angelsambo 07-28-2020 10:07 PM

Guitar hero Phil X “Right On The Money” with The Drills and Bon Jovi

http://chicagoconcertreviews.com/202...ills-bon-jovi/

Can you give us a sneak preview on the Bon Jovi “2020” album that was put on hold?

X: It’s funny because I’m a guy sitting in the background going “why has this been delayed?” If there was a time that people need something new and something to embrace, it’s now. But at the same time, Jon wrote two new songs. We just recorded these new songs a couple months ago and he wanted to include them on this record. Then one thing that goes hand in hand with the release in a mega-band like Bon Jovi is touring and supporting that record, which nobody knows when that’s going to happen. That may explain the delay for two reasons.

Phil XI think Jon’s always been a visionary, but I really saw it come together with this record. This record was the first record that I was involved in from the ground up. We were in Nashville last March for 11 days and we laid down all the band tracks. Then Jon picked his favorite ten and those songs were [given] vocals, more guitar, more piano, keys and percussion. We’re all singing backgrounds. It was a really amazing process to be a witness to. The solo in “Beautiful Drug” is my 16 seconds of danger (laughs) amongst Jon’s vision. He had a lot to say lyrically and he had a lot to exude emotionally. You know how everybody says “I wish I could be a fly on the wall?” I was a fly on the wall that put down a killer solo (laughs).

Captain_jovi 07-28-2020 10:12 PM

Kind of pleases me all bed tracks were done as a band then everything else was overdubs after the fact.

rolo_tomachi 07-28-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1266065)

Can you give us a sneak preview on the Bon Jovi “2020” album that was put on hold?

X: It’s funny because I’m a guy sitting in the background going “why has this been delayed?” If there was a time that people need something new and something to embrace, it’s now. But at the same time, Jon wrote two new songs. We just recorded these new songs a couple months ago and he wanted to include them on this record. Then one thing that goes hand in hand with the release in a mega-band like Bon Jovi is touring and supporting that record, which nobody knows when that’s going to happen. That may explain the delay for two reasons.

Phil XI think Jon’s always been a visionary, but I really saw it come together with this record. This record was the first record that I was involved in from the ground up. We were in Nashville last March for 11 days and we laid down all the band tracks. Then Jon picked his favorite ten and those songs were [given] vocals, more guitar, more piano, keys and percussion. We’re all singing backgrounds. It was a really amazing process to be a witness to. The solo in “Beautiful Drug” is my 16 seconds of danger (laughs) amongst Jon’s vision. He had a lot to say lyrically and he had a lot to exude emotionally. You know how everybody says “I wish I could be a fly on the wall?” I was a fly on the wall that put down a killer solo (laughs).

I can't wait to hear that guitar solo. If Jon wanted to remove it and Shanks had to convince him to be included, it is that is one killer.

Javier 07-29-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266067)
I can't wait to hear that guitar solo. If Jon wanted to remove it and Shanks had to convince him to be included, it is that is one killer.

During an older interview he did give a bit of a tease and said that it is similar to the outro solo he does on the live version of THINFS. I think people have said the songs are similar? Maybe some of the licks made their way into the studio? Either way I'm not getting my Hope's up too high, bad name would be deemed too dangerous for Jon nowadays...

Jack27 07-31-2020 08:39 AM

So Jon has said he’s doing a free acoustic concert on 14th August. Can we expect any unheard songs or at best will be get Do What You Can along with the usual bunch of songs?

rolo_tomachi 07-31-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1266083)
So Jon has said he’s doing a free acoustic concert on 14th August. Can we expect any unheard songs or at best will be get Do What You Can along with the usual bunch of songs?

There will be revelations.

hackster73 08-03-2020 06:06 PM

The more I listen to American Reckoning I hear American Wrestling, I can't help it now!

Savvi 08-07-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266066)
Kind of pleases me all bed tracks were done as a band then everything else was overdubs after the fact.

Just goes to show we really know nothing. So many people complaining the band had little part to play in the studio and it was mostly Jon and John. I am pleased they've been proven wrong.

hackster73 08-07-2020 09:25 AM

So let's get this straight, Phil X is the lead guitar player and he has contributed one solo on the album and maybe some rhythm guitar... wow. Also saying things like what 'a witness to' and 'fly on the wall' doesn't sound like he was overly involved.

Make no mistake this album, like the last few, is a Jon album with the band playing some of the music. This could have been a solo album but for the fact the Bon Jovi brand is more marketable and of course he is contracted to releasing albums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1266065)