Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 07-24-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257647)
Obie once told me,back in 2010,that he was working on a live CD with the best covers the band had played through the years.
Dont believe any word Obie says to the fans.

This is kind of stupid. Because it didn't get released isn't nearly enough of a reason to believe it wasn't been worked on. I'm sure for every three things that get released, five more got nixed by Jon and the label. Hell, The Distance was all set to be a single but the label didn't do it even after Jon said it was, and that's not a reason to not believe Jon.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-24-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257647)
Dont believe any word Obie says to the fans.

I just think Obie is one of the craziest in BJ corporation.

https://instagram.flim5-1.fna.fbcdn.....fna.fbcdn.net
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0CL0pmJ4eL/

But it is posible, to have a serious conversation with him if he’s in the mood... of course.

Xavi 07-24-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1257656)
This is kind of stupid. Because it didn't get released isn't nearly enough of a reason to believe it wasn't been worked on. I'm sure for every three things that get released, five more got nixed by Jon and the label. Hell, The Distance was all set to be a single but the label didn't do it even after Jon said it was, and that's not a reason to not believe Jon.

You can call it stupid or believe in Obies words,its your choice.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-24-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1257603)
Aloha !

Liverpool isn't in London.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I know... lol

Captain_jovi 07-24-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257659)
You can call it stupid or believe in Obies words,its your choice.

I'm not saying believe everything he says, i'm saying he's low enough in the totem pole that everything he works on isn't always getting released. I wouldn't write him off because of that. At one point Lost Highway was going to be a duets album and then it wasn't. Things change.

If you're saying Obie....lied to you about a project that didn't get released? It's just a bit silly is all.

Xavi 07-24-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1257669)
I'm not saying believe everything he says, i'm saying he's low enough in the totem pole that everything he works on isn't always getting released. I wouldn't write him off because of that. At one point Lost Highway was going to be a duets album and then it wasn't. Things change.

If you're saying Obie....lied to you about a project that didn't get released? It's just a bit silly is all.

No,what I mean is that Obie sometimes says to fans things that they "want to hear" just to content there or in that case with that argentinian fan,just to let him in peace and be able to go into the hotel.
I was there,and their chat was just about ACDC and 10 seconds of Jovi answering a question like that.
"Is it the last tour?"
-No,were are recording a new album and will be on tour next year

Nothing new,but then,that guy published what he wanted.
Im not saying Obie always lies fans about projects he has in mind and then he cant deliver,what I mean is that sometimes Obie tries to content fans saying the things they are willin to listen.
For example:
-Hey Obie,why dont u release next year a 25th anniversary These Days Box Set?

He aint goin to tell u: No,impossible
He would probably say: Yeah,it would be great,I am working on that idea and more anniversary Box Setx but ...bla bla
U know what Im trying to say?

Captain_jovi 07-24-2019 09:55 PM

For sure, I get where you're coming. I'm just saying the things he's saying he's working on/worked on are all feasible products we have no way to know he's lying about to appease fans.

Him saying they recorded a new album and it's out early next year is true. Him saying they are touring it next year is true.

I also don't think it's a matter of him not delivering, projects get shelved when the last one doesn't do what's expected (ie New Jersey re-release) or label or budget reasons. If he had his way I'm sure there would be more box set like projects. That's kind of the reason I can't give him crap. He did a great job assembling the songs and made sure the hardcore fans didn't already have them. I can give him crap for the way he mixes live material but I have no reason to believe he hasn't worked on projects that never came out.

But that's me. If he tells a fan that the next single will be a disco remix of If That's What It Takes I'll call horsecrap.

Thinny 07-24-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257649)
There were also rumours that Obie wanted to include the Hammersmith footage in the New Jersey Deluxe edition in 2014, but Jon refused to pay for it being remastered. I don't think we'll ever see that.

Surely the label would have been the ones to pay for that, not Jon. Didn't Obie say recently that the tapes for Hammersmith were lost?

JackieBlue 07-24-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257684)
No,what I mean is that Obie sometimes says to fans things that they "want to hear" ...

He's been working with his boss too long. :p:D

On another note (kinda), am I the only one who wonders about Obie's statement that the album is finished, and what that says about the whole concept of this being a real band album?

I haven't seen anything to indicate the band has been in the studio together since "Day One, Song One". Whether they did just "Song One" or the first "batch", Phil-X has seemed to think there was more to come. He posted the "solo without sound" and another picture, from the same day, of him recording background vocals in Studio City, back in April. In May, he tweeted that they had only done the first batch, but he played on all of them; that he hadn't written anything with Jon yet, but there was still time; and that he thought the album was on hold because the band was in "tour mode".

After Nashville, Shanks posted a few of Jon in the studio alone, along with one of Jon and David relaxing on a studio sofa in Germano Studios, but no others of the whole band together in any studio. The only other post I saw from him, related to the album, is his post about being "glued to the computer until the tour."

Now there's a statement from Obie that the album was finished in Nashville and mixed at Abbey Road. Phil posted a picture of himself standing alone in front of Abbey Road; but as Twitter/IG-happy as X and Shanks are, nobody posted pictures of anybody actually working in Abbey Road? Something just seems odd to me.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-25-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1257698)
Something just seems odd to me.

The Liverpool/London thing was weird to start to... lol